• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Record 3,486 new COVID cases, 9 deaths in Singapore​

Staff Writer, Singapore
Staff Writer, Singapore
·Editorial Team
Tue, 5 October 2021, 11:07 pm·4-min read

SINGAPORE - 2021/10/02: People wearing face masks as a preventive measure against the spread of covid-19 walk along Orchard Road, the famous shopping district. (Photo by Maverick Asio/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)

People wearing face masks walk along Orchard Road in Singapore on 2 October, 2021. (PHOTO: LightRocket via Getty Images)
SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Tuesday (5 October) confirmed a record 3,486 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore, bringing the country's total case count to 109,804, as well as nine more deaths due to the disease.
Tuesday was the first time that Singapore reported over 3,000 new daily cases. It is also the 14th day in a row with fatalities from the virus reported and the highest announced in a day.
Singapore's 122nd through 130th COVID-19 fatalities are all Singapore residents – Singaporeans or permanent residents: six men and three women aged between 64 and 90. A total of 29 people have succumbed to the disease here this month.
Among the fatalities reported on Tuesday, three had been unvaccinated against COVID-19, two had been partially vaccinated and four had been fully vaccinated. All of them had various underlying medical conditions.
Of the new cases, 3,480 are local infections: 2,767 are in the community, while 713 are dormitory residents. Among the local cases are 643 people above the age of 60, said the MOH.
The remaining six cases are imported, of whom three were detected upon their arrival in Singapore, while three developed the illness during their stay-home notice or isolation period.
Five active COVID-19 clusters in Singapore, including three dorms, are being closely monitored. All three dorm clusters have been classified as intra-dormitory transmissions among residents, with no evidence of spread beyond the premises.
Of the list of monitored clusters, the highest number of 13 new cases – all quarantined – was added to the cluster at Jurong Penjuru Dormitory 2. The cluster now has 101 cases.
Eleven new cases were added to the cluster at the ASPRI-Westlite Papan dorm, now totalling 167 infections.
Seven new cases were also added to the cluster at nursing home United Medicare Centre at Toa Payoh, now totalling 14 infections. Of them, eight are staff members and six are residents.
Health Minister Ong Ye Kung in Parliament on Monday said while the government is ramping up healthcare capacity to handle up to 5,000 cases, it is already planning how to handle 10,000 infections.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's a very low number and it shows just how well the vaccines are working.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Number who die is not the only picture.

I have been hearing more patients who got covid having long term symptoms. Headaches. Vertigo. Dyspnea.

The vaccines are not vaccines. They were a form of immunotherapy prophylactic treatment to reduce morbidity and mortality.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Number who die is not the only picture.

I have been hearing more patients who got covid having long term symptoms. Headaches. Vertigo. Dyspnea.

The vaccines are not vaccines. They were a form of immunotherapy prophylactic treatment to reduce morbidity and mortality.

Vaccination cuts the risk of long Covid considerably. This number is now in the process of being quantified as the exact definition of "long Covid" is vague. If lethargy is symptom then I had long flu which lasted more than 6 months but eventually I came right.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Vaccination cuts the risk of long Covid considerably. This number is now in the process of being quantified as the exact definition of "long Covid" is vague. If lethargy is symptom then I had long flu which lasted more than 6 months but eventually I came right.

I think the issue is that of trust and accurate information in order for people to make informed choices.

This is a cornerstone of medical practice and informed consent.

The fact that they have been unable to provide accurate correct information is very bad.

@Leongsam you have not taken this immunotherapy yet right?

Who is to say that it is safe? Maybe the skeptics are correct that down the road the complications of taking this treatment will surface with even more morbidity and mortality?

There is no more trust.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't forget one common factor is all deaths are 64~90 and had various underlying medical conditions. Hence vaccines actually help these people to avoid critical conditions does not apply here am i right ?

Plus 3 are unvaxxed 6 are vaxxed hence this proves vaccination does not help at all for these people am i right again ?

But if you think vaccination actually weaken the natural immunity for those in this group of vaxxed dead boomers because they're using precious pathetic energy they've left to produce anti-agents fighting Wuhan Virus and now the prevailing Delta Strain gets to them easily and hurt them more easily cannot be ruled out am i right ?

Sorry i'm such a fool to think too much. Enjoy your boosters !

I really hope y'all are right cos y'all are the majority I AM just a an old fool and deserved to die, for i rather that i am wrong so the majority will survive better and science has beaten Nature. lol.........

Cheers and be well. ! :P <3

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don't forget one common factor is all deaths are 64~90 and had various underlying medical conditions. Hence vaccines actually help these people to avoid critical conditions does not apply here am i right ?

Plus 3 are unvaxxed 6 are vaxxed hence this proves vaccination does not help at all for these people am i right again ?

But if you think vaccination actually weaken the natural immunity for those in this group of vaxxed dead boomers because they're using precious pathetic energy they've left to produce anti-agents fighting Wuhan Virus and now the prevailing Delta Strain gets to them easily and hurt them more easily cannot be ruled out am i right ?

I really hope y'all are right cos y'all are the majority I AM just a an old fool and deserved to die, for i rather that i am wrong so the majority will survive better and science has beaten Nature. lol.........

For most people, they will have to choose between getting the shots or their employment.

So those who have luxury to say no, likely lucky no need to work.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

It's a matter of putting things in perspective. Sugar, Salt, Tobacco, High Fat diets etc cause far more deaths than Covid.

We're all going to die of something Covid is just one of many causes.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I think the issue is that of trust and accurate information in order for people to make informed choices.

This is a cornerstone of medical practice and informed consent.

The fact that they have been unable to provide accurate correct information is very bad.

@Leongsam you have not taken this immunotherapy yet right?

Who is to say that it is safe? Maybe the skeptics are correct that down the road the complications of taking this treatment will surface with even more morbidity and mortality?

There is no more trust.

I'm sure all medications can cause inadvertent deaths and all diseases can cause long term symptoms in some.

We're just far too fixated on Covid. Just forget about it and move on.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I'm sure all medications can cause inadvertent deaths and all diseases can cause long term symptoms in some.

We're just far too fixated on Covid. Just forget about it and move on.
Not so simple. LOL! Maybe if we have a complete media and social media ban for the next 2 years then possible.

But that would fuel more conspiracy shit right?

Humans.

I am talking more from the side that actually has to address and answers questions pertaining to covid and medicine and medications etc. At least you don't have to worry about any consequences by saying whatever you want about covid. Count yourself lucky.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's a matter of putting things in perspective. Sugar, Salt, Tobacco, High Fat diets etc cause far more deaths than Covid.

We're all going to die of something Covid is just one of many causes.

Here's my understanding which you prolly don't agree lol..... Flu or seasonal flu which is Covid is not the cause it is the cure. We develop flu whenever we're unwell as we develop fever our temperature rises to kill the viruses/bacterial to perch the toxins. We will naturally heal up within a week or two and then our natural immunity is tweaked/improved.

Healing is innate to all living organism all we need do is to stop that which is damaging to the body and healing takes place. But science and western medicine lacks maturity and incompleteness.

Western medicine is reactive care that treats disease and sickness as they arise and not by the core immunity preventive measures.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
still a couple of days early...

2767 in community, 713 in dorm, 6 imported.

5TH OCT 2021​

Summary of local situation
  • 1,512 cases are currently warded in hospital. 247 cases require oxygen supplementation and 34 are in the intensive care unit (ICU).
  • Over the last 28 days, of the 40,396 infected individuals, 98.3% had no or mild symptoms, 1.4% required oxygen supplementation, 0.1% required ICU care, and 0.2% has died.
  • As of 4 October 2021, 83% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 85% has received at least one dose.
  • As of 5 October 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 3,486 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 2,767 in the community, 713 in the migrant worker dormitories and 6 imported cases.

CONDITION OF HOSPITALISED CASES

1. As of 5 October 2021, 12pm, 1,512 COVID-19 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 247 cases requiring oxygen supplementation, and 34 in the ICU. Of those who have fallen very ill, 235 are seniors above 60 years.
2. 9 more cases have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection [1]. Of these, 6 were male Singaporeans/Permanent Residents and 3 were female Singaporeans/Permanent Residents, aged between 64 and 90 years. Amongst them, 3 had been unvaccinated against COVID-19, 2 had been partially vaccinated and 4 had been vaccinated. All of them had various underlying medical conditions. In total, 130 have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.
Figure 1: Number of Active Cases in ICU or Requiring Oxygen Supplementation[2]

211005 Figure 1
3. Over the last 28 days, the percentage of local cases who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms is 98.3%. 570 cases required oxygen supplementation and 56 had been in the ICU. Of these, 50.3% were fully vaccinated and 49.7% were unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated. 68 have died, of whom 32.4% were fully vaccinated and 67.6% were unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated.
Figure 2: Local Cases in the Last 28 Days by Severity of Condition[3]

211005 Figure 2

Figure 3:
Deaths and Active Cases in ICU, Requiring Oxygen Supplementation or Hospitalised[1], by Age Groups
211005 Figure 3
Update on vaccination progress
4. As of 4 October 2021, 83% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 85% has received at least one dose.

5. We have administered a total of 9,310,419 doses of COVID-19 vaccines under the national vaccination programme (Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty and Moderna). In total, 4,595,012 individuals have received at least one dose of vaccine under the national vaccination programme, and 4,526,955 individuals having completed the full vaccination regimen. To date, we have invited about 600,000 eligible individuals to receive their booster doses. 321,228 individuals have received their booster shots and another 107,000 have booked their appointments. In addition, 203,051 doses of other vaccines recognised in the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) have been administered, covering 105,512 individuals.

Locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
6. As of 5 October 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 3,486 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, comprising 2,767 community cases, 713 dormitory residents cases and 6 imported cases.

a) Active clusters under close monitoring

7. We are closely monitoring the clusters listed below, which have already been ringfenced through tracing, testing and isolation.
Figure 4: Large Clusters with New Cases
Cluster
New Cases
Total[4]
Remarks
United Medicare Centre (Toa Payoh)
7​
14​
Transmission amongst staff and residents. Of the 14 cases, 8 are staff and 6 are residents.
Learning Vision @ Changi Airport
1​
13​
Transmission amongst staff and students. Of the 13 cases, 2 are staff and 11 are students.
ASPRI-Westlite Papan Dormitory
11​
167​
Intra-dormitory transmission amongst residents with no evidence of spread beyond dormitory.
Tampines Dormitory
5​
174​
Intra-dormitory transmission amongst residents with no evidence of spread beyond dormitory. New cases have already been quarantined.
Jurong Penjuru Dormitory 2
13​
101​
Intra-dormitory transmission amongst residents with no evidence of spread beyond dormitory. New cases have already been quarantined.

b) Summary of trends for local cases

8. There are 3,480 new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 2,767 in the community and 713 in the migrant worker dormitories. Amongst the local cases today are 643 seniors who are above 60 years.
Figure 5: Number of Community Cases by Age

211005 Figure 5
Figure 6: Number of Dormitory Cases by Age
211005 Figure 6

Summary of trends for imported cases
9. There are a total of 6 imported cases, who have already been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. Of these, 3 were detected upon arrival in Singapore, while 3 developed the illness during SHN or isolation.
Figure 7: Number of Imported Cases by Detected Upon Arrival/ Detected during SHN or Isolation

211005 Figure 7

10. Please refer to MOH’s daily Situation Report (www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/situation-report) for details.

MINISTRY OF HEALTH
5 OCTOBER 2021

[1] Cases 73474, 78548, 90720, 94792, 98611, 99372, 101614, 102148 and 109763.
[2] Includes all cases who are currently hospitalised.
[3] Includes only new cases reported in the past 28 days.
[4] Includes new cases added today.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'm sure it's preventing infections in many but of course there are some breakthrough cases. No vaccine is 100% effective.
How this mRNA strand affects cell signalling in the long term remains unknown- checked.
What is known of the drug’s teratogenicity remains vague- checked.
Welcome to the drug trial :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Here's my understanding which you prolly don't agree lol..... Flu or seasonal flu which is Covid is not the cause it is the cure. We develop flu whenever we're unwell as we develop fever our temperature rises to kill the viruses/bacterial to perch the toxins. We will naturally heal up within a week or two and then our natural immunity is tweaked/improved.

Healing is innate to all living organism all we need do is to stop that which is damaging to the body and healing takes place. But science and western medicine lacks maturity and incompleteness.

Western medicine is reactive care that treats disease and sickness as they arise and not by the core immunity preventive measures.

Western medicine has done wonders.

If you look at life expectancy figures 500 years ago you'd be lucky to get to 40. Now living till 80 is the norm.

All this is thanks to Western medical discoveries.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not so simple. LOL! Maybe if we have a complete media and social media ban for the next 2 years then possible.

But that would fuel more conspiracy shit right?

Humans.

I am talking more from the side that actually has to address and answers questions pertaining to covid and medicine and medications etc. At least you don't have to worry about any consequences by saying whatever you want about covid. Count yourself lucky.
I'm afraid Sam is right in this instance. There's too much focus on a disease that is very mild, especially for the vaccinated. I have been vaccinated or taken my immunotherapy and am happily moving ahead with my life, observing all the sensible precautions. So even if I get COVID, which I believe everyone will eventually, I have peace of mind knowing there is a 98% chance of survival and on top of that, I would have acquired natural immunity as well. Nothing to think too much about. Life has other problems to deal with.

Moreover, we now have the Merck drug which will further reduce mortality. Numbers mean nothing and people should not get their panties in a bunch.

As the British would say...

1633475174983.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How this mRNA strand affects cell signalling in the long term remains unknown- checked.
What is known of the drug’s teratogenicity remains vague- checked.
Welcome to the drug trial :coffee::coffee::coffee:

The world is full of unknowns but that does not stop us from getting on with our lives.

50 years ago the long term effects of smoking, asbestos, mercury etc were unknown too. However society did not grind to a halt when the dangers became known. Some died, some suffered long term consequences while the vast majority just carried on with life.

I'm sure it will be the same with Covid vaccines.

The problem nowadays is that people expect zero risk. The correct way to view things is to weigh the benefits vs consequences and make a personal choice.