• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

jw5

Loyal
I need a sponge bath from one or all of them. :geek:

If these pinays were on duty, and if I were a patient, I would love for them to agitate me and my groin, amongst other things.....naughty things.:inlove::biggrin:
images
images
nurses-2.jpg
5217095483_5e58100499_b.jpg
images

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some landlords closing doors on tenants returning from China

Computer salesman Thomas Chua, 67, has a tenant from China who is due to return to Singapore this week.

But Mr Chua has told his tenant, a factory supervisor who has been renting a room from him for more than seven years, that he is not allowed to step into his Housing Board flat in Sembawang when he returns.

He is also asking his tenant if he can delay his return to Singapore.

Though his tenant has told him that he did not travel to Hubei province, where its capital Wuhan is at the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, he believes there is still a risk of transmission.

"I read in the news that workers who are coming back from China will not be allowed to go back to work for 14 days in case there is a risk of them getting the coronavirus. If I let him stay in my house, what if he is infected and I get the virus?" said Mr Chua.

Employment agents and employers are starting to see cases of landlords like Mr Chua who are closing the door on tenants returning from China.

An owner of a food factory, who declined to be named, said that his employee, an assistant production supervisor from Sichuan province, had nowhere to go after she arrived in Singapore around midnight on Sunday.

"Her landlord told her that he will take her back only if she shows no symptoms after the 14-day leave of absence period is up.

"Though we managed to book a hotel for her, they rejected her when she arrived. She ended up hanging around at 24-hour locations outside the whole night. It is a very bad situation," said the factory owner.

Yesterday, he managed to contact a relative, who agreed to put his worker up temporarily in a spare house that she had been intending to rent out.

Employment agents like Mr Vincent Tan, a partner at Trust Vision Employment Agency, expect to see more of such cases.

An employment agent who declined to be named said about a third of her clients, mainly firms in the semiconductor industry, have workers who have been turned away by landlords.

She now knows of at least 10 workers who have been told they cannot return to their rented rooms in HDB flats.

"We are working with their employers, who are paying housing agents to help them find landlords who can take them in," she said.

National Development Minister Lawrence Wong added in Parliament yesterday that the authorities are also looking at how to help landlords, employers and households impacted by leave of absence arrangements.

Lawyer Wilbur Lua of Covenant Chambers said that tenancy agreements do not usually give landlords a general right to evict their tenants at their discretion.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't let your fear of virus tear society apart, Singaporeans told
Don't let your fear of virus tear society apart, Singaporeans told

Action to be taken against errant landlords after Lawrence Wong criticises them for evicting or turning away tenants from China over coronavirus concerns

National Development Minister Lawrence Wong has urged people to support each other instead of letting their fears of the coronavirus overwhelm them or cause them to overreact.

"In a situation like this, fear is sometimes as great a threat to us as the disease itself," Mr Wong said in Parliament yesterday.

"We must not allow such fear to paralyse our society. We must never allow our prejudices and our fears to pull apart our society or foster greater division or suspicions."

He said there was no need to fear having a government quarantine facility nearby or a person on quarantine in the same block.

Close contacts of people infected by the coronavirus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan, are among those who have to be quarantined.

Mr Wong criticised "irresponsible" actions in the community, such as landlords stigmatising tenants based on their nationality, or evicting Chinese nationals who are taking their leave of absence (LOA).

Some residents had asked for a person under LOA or home quarantine in the same block to be moved, he added.

"I can appreciate that Singaporeans are very concerned about the well-being of themselves and their family members.

"But if landlords start turning tenants away, then our overall containment efforts will be much harder, and we end up endangering ourselves and others," he said.

RESTRICTIONS

The ministries of National Development, Manpower and Education said in a joint statement last night that landlords who irresponsibly evicted their tenants may face restrictions or be barred from renting out their flats to foreign work pass holders in future.

In his ministerial statement in Parliament, Mr Wong also lauded selfless acts by Singaporeans, such as students in the Nanyang Technological University and the National University in Singapore who deliver food three times a day to their friends on LOA.

Mr Wong said 524 people had been quarantined as of Sunday night, with 222 in government facilities and 302 at home.

"Persons under quarantine are required to stay in their designated location at all times during the quarantine period.

"They cannot physically interact with others living in the same premises," said Mr Wong, who co-chairs the multi-ministry taskforce set up to tackle the coronavirus.

He said about 140 Singaporeans still remain in Wuhan. Most chose not to return because they have spouses there, but the Government and the Chinese authorities are in touch with them.

Last Thursday, 92 Singaporeans were flown back from Wuhan. Four others were unable to return because they had symptoms of the virus, with one of them being hospitalised.

Mr Wong said: "At this point, no one can tell for sure how the situation will develop or how long this will last.

"But I am confident that we will succeed in this fight if we stand united - as an effective government, a cohesive people, and a resolute nation."

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of letting them know the problem...why don't the gahmen give them a solution instead?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are illegal landlords Sinkie Chinese.... lets see PAP will shout recession or find a scapegoat oppo to blame...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of letting them know the problem...why don't the gahmen give them a solution instead?
The solution is to exterminate those who are paranoid and allow the tiongs back to their homes in sinkieland. More likely to catch a flu than the virus i think.

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why hasn't the government thought of this when they implement their policy. They should have a quarantine facility, otherwise, why pass such laws. Earning millions and neglecting the real issue on the ground. As usual.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How they monitor those on home quarantine?
Wear ankle bracelet like parole prisoners?
It’s a half fucked measure.....all should house in Govt facility

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually...the fucking gahmen did not issue any guidelines on home quarantine.

Is the tenant supposed to be incubated in his bed room and stay away from the landlords, sharing toilets etc etc ???

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually...the fucking gahmen did not issue any guidelines on home quarantine.

Is the tenant supposed to be incubated in his bed room and stay away from the landlords, sharing toilets etc etc ???
They have no answer. Just give 4 mask ok la.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a great loophole created by PAP. No one can deny the fact that tenants who came from China ought to be quarantined, but the onus lies with the Landlord to house them and risk getting infected. Is there no facilities for those returning China to be house in one place for 14 days rather than past the risk to the landlord. If China tenant get infected, employers can get $100 daily allowance, if landlord get infected who pay them the allowance? PAP only care for foreigners and employers, do they really care for Sinkies? This whole saga reflect the true reality of how Sinkies were being treated. Landlord cannot reject foreigners or faced consequences by govt, but employers can reject Sinkies job applicants in favour of foreign applicants with our PAP closing both eyes to discrimination. What is fair?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like Pulau Tekong or St.John's Island..or unused army camps or even old school buildings...or the PAP people can be so good hearted take some of these people in for the time being...the RC members, grasslooters..etc..be compassionate..

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these people are considered at risk enough to be quarantined....then would not the entire household also be at risk too?

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these "landlords" aren't they the onea badmouthing the influx of foreign workers but want to rent out part of their property for extra income...and they are renting out because they dont have sufficient funds to withdraw from their cpf or inflation has eaten most of it...and worsr of all they vote ?...let these imbeciles burn I say

Last edited: