• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Lost control of case-counts with daily numbers in the hundreds? We still have a weekly average of about 50 unlinked cases pah pah zao- the spread will continue and we can have a big bang by NDP.
weekly unlinked on a slight downtrend, but our borders are porous once again... :coffee::coffee::coffee:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1628553869111.png

SINGAPORE: Singapore reported 69 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections on Monday (Aug 9) and a new cluster at the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Dialysis Centre Sakyadhita, which is located at Block 19 Upper Boon Keng Road.

Of the new local infections, 20 have no links to previous cases.

Thirty-nine infections that were linked to previous cases were already in quarantine, and the remaining 10 were detected through surveillance testing, said the Ministry of Health (MOH).

Among the new COVID-19 cases are two seniors above 70 years old who were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, and at risk of serious illness, said the ministry.

There were also three new imported cases, who had been placed on stay-home notice or isolated upon arrival. One was detected upon arrival in Singapore while two cases developed the illness during their stay-home notice or isolation.

In total, Singapore reported 72 new COVID-19 cases on Monday.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-covid-19-local-cases-moh-aug-9-2101306

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
this covid nightmare will stretch at least for another 2 years
earliest 2023 1st half before any semblance of normality
Never again will we experience life before Jan 2020. Authorities all over the world are pushing for a new normal, because they have tasted a new level of control and compliance. And they liked it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never again will we experience life before Jan 2020. Authorities all over the world are pushing for a new normal, because they have tasted a new level of control and compliance. And they liked it.

I like it too. It's nice to kick down people's door to check whether they are observing safe distancing at home. Grassroots intel tells us that if the homes have bengs, lians or oppies, they are likely to be hosting covid parties.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GQFs are the answers, we need to look at the community facilities acting like half-way houses to keep the non-severe cases away from hospitals. We did well last year, those protocols are sound, with hot zones, cold zones clearly marked out. Only severe cases are transferred to hospitals without overwhelming the healthcare system.

Please thank the PAP, especially Task Force commanders Lawrence Wong and Gan Kim Yong.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I like it too. It's nice to kick down people's door to check whether they are observing safe distancing at home. Grassroots intel tells us that if the homes have bengs, lians or oppies, they are likely to be hosting covid parties.
Well then, I hope you don't kick down my door. I have rigged it with a booby trap.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
there will be another lockdown before end of 2021 once borders are opened by pap
then we will be back to square 1
then rinse and repeat a few times for 2022
hopefully by middle 2023, everything start to be slightly better

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
No such thing as "poor" Singaporean people....if Singaporeans are indeed "poor" then we do not need to import poor & cheap foreign workers.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tot NKF bonus very high every year ,the nurse ,etc all no standard,the clowns alwaya say precaution taken but this shows lagging

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm always confused by the official boundary separating Boon Keng and Bendemeer.

Next to Boon Keng MRT = Bendemeer market and hawker centre.

Bendemeer MRT = Kallang Bahru, nearer to the middle of Boon Keng Road.