• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Conspiracy Theory: Why Lo Hwei-Yen stood no chance of getting out alive!!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes you have to factor this into account..

_45260975_45260491.jpg

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Palestinian terrorists killed 11 Isreali atheletes at the 1972 Olympics, Israel launched Operation Wrath of God, where ringleaders of the terrorist attacks were hunted down and killed by Israeli secret agents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wrath_of_God

Since our Pappies are so concerned over MS Lo now, they can launch their own Operation Wrath of Lee. I nominate Clinton666, Lionel De Souza and Madmansg to lead. :p

yeah lor, years of NS training have come to waste...SGP should setup a quick reactionary taskforce and storm the building to rescue her. learn from the Israelis...Operation Entebbe...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Entebbe

or be like rambo, buy the weapons off the black markets and go in singlehandedly and pump .45 ACP rounds into any terrorists on sight....why can put our years of NS training into good use?

so far, we can all just wait and watch to see our love ones die just like that...when we know we can do something to neutralise the situation.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Palestinian terrorists killed 11 Isreali atheletes at the 1972 Olympics, Israel launched Operation Wrath of God, where ringleaders of the terrorist attacks were hunted down and killed by Israeli secret agents.

Since our Pappies are so concerned over MS Lo now, they can launch their own Operation Wrath of Lee. I nominate Clinton666, Lionel De Souza and Madmansg to lead. :p

The pappies got no time for this lah. They are more interested in the million dollar paycheck. On this terrorist incident, at most they only want to contribute a few drop of tears. That's it, no more.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure what you claim are ALL incontrovertible facts? Looks to me more like alot of unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture.

If you read the eye witness account of the attack on The Taj Hotel by American hedge fund director Michael Pollack (who together with his Indian wife Anjali were caught up in the attack while dinning at The Taj) in Forbes and his interview with Charlie Rose, it would appear that save for the unfortunate Jews at Nariman House, no other ethnic group/nationality were specifically targetted by the Pakistani Terrorists.

The killings appeared to be random and arbitrary.

Think about this:

Lo Hwei-Yen was singled out amongst so many hostages. Why?
Was she really "singled out" or just randomly selected to pass on a message? Moreover, was Ms Lo the only hostage "singled out" to pass such a messgae?

Out of 195 dead and 295 injured, only 22 foreigners died. So, it was not a target of Westerners by Islamic fundamentalists. It was the on-going war between Pakistan and India over Kasmir.
Appeared to be more than that, it not why were the Jews at Nariman House specifically targetted?

Now, consider these facts:

5. Ms Lo was given the task to relay message to Indian gahment through MFA. So what? Could have been coinicidental. We do not know if other messages by other hostages were also passed on.

6. Ms Lo was singled out by the attackers. She was held hostage with the rest. She was not killed in the lobby nor the restaurant nor was she killed in her room when the attackers went door to door. From her hubby's account, she and a group were apparently captured while moving around the hotel after the attack had begun.

7. There are sources from hostages with her who could tell a totally different story of her last hours. So what is this "other story"? Speculation and conjecture

8. Ms Lo was shot on the abdomen and the head. So what?

9. The attackers were preparing for negotiation but the Indian gahment were preparing to attack regardless of how many hostages will be killed as collateral damage. So what?

10. Whether she was killed by Indian NSG commandos or the Pakistani attackers, no one can be certain. Speculation and conjecture

We can safely assume that she was not in the wrong place at the wrong time, since she was singled out amongst all the hostages to relay the message to the Indian gahment. MFA failed her by not doing so. She was already a target by the Pakistani attackers planted inside the hotel before the attack. Pure speculation and conjecture. In any event, I gather MFA did indeed relay the message to the Indian authorities, so what failure are you talking about?

A call to Pakistan would have secured the release of Ms Lo instead of bragging over national TV. What rubbish logic is this?

Hence, I suggest that Sinkie politicians, through the various condolence messages or continued propaganda, to refrain from citing "Islamic TERRORISTS" at the drop of a hat. Understand the context and you will be respected for it. You could well have saved Ms Lo's life if you had not taken sides in the absence of vital info about the attack or the attackers. Pure speculation and conjecture
[]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speculation and conjecture again.
The on-going feud between Pakistan and India over Kashmir is not Sinkiepooreans fight. Why did we take sides? A call to Pakistan quietly would have secured Ms Lo's release. Our intelligence failed us. MFA failed Ms Lo. Someone was too eager to come to conclusion that it was a Bali-like Jihad attack on Westerners, BUT it was not. So, someone took sides too early.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly we do know whether Ms Lo was "singled out" or randomly selected.

Secondly we do not know whether any other hostages were also given messages by the terrorists.

Thirdly I gather innocent muslims were also unfortunately part of the collateral damage.

The TS's 'analysis' is largely based on speculation and conjecture. In any event I seriously doubt the S'pore govt could have done much to save Ms Lo. If the TS thinks the S'pore govt could have made some headway with say the Paki ISI he must be nuts more so given the short time, and that is assuming the Paki ISI had some clout with these specific terrorists.

Wah you have very high regards and think Singapore is the centre of the world and everyone knows who a Singaporean is. So a Singaporean is single out by a terrorist. (In that case, she could have feigned that she is from China - since Pakistan is a good friend of China)

You forgot to mention that Singapore also has lots of Muslims - Indian muslims, Malay muslims and Chinese muslims. Muslims are treated fairly and equally by everyone in this country. So why kill an innocent woman?

Simply said, the terrorists are simply cowards - killing innocent women, teenages and elderly people. Why can't they take the Indian government head on - like the Tamil Tigers?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
All depends on what you mean by "singling out". Was it random and arbitrary perhaps because she had a blackberry on her amongst the other hostages or was she specifically targetted because she was a Singaporean?

That's what I read in the news. She was told to relay the message to MFA. So, if this is not singling out, then who is not telling the truth.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much advances had been made in the Pakistani bureaucracy since the SQ117 hijacking incident when trying to meet the hijacker's demand for the release of some jailed militants in Pakistan, the Sin government tried to called the then Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, and someone on the other end informed them that she is asleep and not to be disturbed and terminated the call when was told it is of the utmost urgency?

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masgnoel, you shd included Mas Selamat Kataris... the escapee from singkeepore as one of the terrorist in your story..... that would be more interesting........:biggrin::biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls lah let the poor girl rest in peace okay? thank you.

you want to be heroes, go and get the attackers...don't anyhow talk coke and spout conspiracy theories here and there.

got guts go after those attackers. thank u.

The one who are not letting her to rest in peace is the Garment and its news paper minions. Haven't you notice lately that the ST papers have been continuously talking none stop about her ordeal all the way to how she wanted to be buried? They seem to be trying to drive up the emotional states of the people.

I am not sure of the whole intention of such prolonged broadcast, my suspicion is that the Garment is trying to use this case to gain people's support, very similar to the Bushy boy in USA. I also remember another story happened during the riot at the time of British colonization. One of the Chinese student got shot by the police during one of the up-rising, but instead of bringing him to the Hospital, his conrade paraded him around town to show all the people what the police has done. The poor boy eventually died after losing much blood.

I doubt that it will work on sinkee though.:biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure what you claim are ALL incontrovertible facts? Looks to me more like alot of unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture.

If you read the eye witness account of the attack on The Taj Hotel by American hedge fund director Michael Pollack (who together with his Indian wife Anjali were caught up in the attack while dinning at The Taj) in Forbes and his interview with Charlie Rose, it would appear that save for the unfortunate Jews at Nariman House, no other ethnic group/nationality were specifically targetted by the Pakistani Terrorists.

The killings appeared to be random and arbitrary.

Was Michael Pollack with Ms Lo when she was shot? Rather than saying "so what" and saying that my words are speculative and conjecture, why don't you come forth with solid evidence to debunk the facts I laid out?

The various facts I put forth are mere ingredients for conspiracy theorists. I did not put forth any consipracy theory in my post, but the facts are meant to set the conspiracy theorists thinking.

You said "The killings appeared to be random and arbitrary" but yet in the same breath say that the Jews were targetted. So, you pick and choose whichever view you feel reinforces your rebuttal? I lay out the facts in my post. I did not make any assumption or make any claims. But you seem eager to claim "the killings appear to be random and arbitrary".

So, on what basis you say that Ms Lo's killing was arbitrary and random?
Her hubby was the one in the interview who said Ms Lo was picked to relay the message. The consular of the directorate, on national TV, was the one who apologised on behalf of MFA that it did not act on Ms Lo's message because, in the consular's own words "the situation was fluid at that point in time and MFA is sorry for not acting on Ms Lo's message".

While rebutting my post, you also give the impression that Ms Lo was killed by the Pakistani attackers and that the killing was random and arbitrary. You are wrong on both counts. First, I did not say Ms Lo was killed by the Pakistani attackers. Second, you are wrong to conclude that her killing was random and arbitrary.

The facts that were reported in all the news point to an execution style killing. There are reports that state such manner of killing is suggestive of a gangland killing when demands were not met. Again, I did not imagine all this. You can find these reports all over the online news.

I did not say she was the only one singled out to be executed. There could be others killed like her. I don't know that but this is not my message. My message said specifically Ms Lo was singled out to relay the message to the Indian gahment to stop storming the hotel. This news was plastered all over the various news boards and I am not the one who said it. Her hubby and also MFA said so in the news and national TV. Not me.

Her last hours and who killed her were never verified by witnesses or forensics. Why are you so eager then to put the blame on your so-called "terrorists"? Are you telling me she could not have been killed because she was used as a body shield or by friendly fire?

Who is right and has the truth and verified facts, only she knows. But she is dead now. In seeking the truth, conspiracy theories will be formulated by many and frankly, you can't win this argument because there will be conspiracy theories aplenty, whether you like it or not.

Your views are just as speculative and conjecture and as murky as all the conspiracy theories flying around because no one can verify the truth of her death. Only she can. :biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masgnoel, you shd included Mas Selamat Kataris... the escapee from singkeepore as one of the terrorist in your story..... that would be more interesting........:biggrin::biggrin:

For Mas Selamat, it is a foregone conclusion. Mas Selamat is dead. Very dead. You mean you prefer to think he is still eating berries in the forest? Give me a break please. :biggrin:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
The various facts I put forth are mere ingredients for conspiracy theorists. I did not put forth any conspiracy theory in my post, but the facts are meant to set the conspiracy theorists thinking.

Third world country exemplified. No crime scene investigation to determine how she was killed as far as the reports went. NO? Too much of TV's CSI consumption by moi!

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much advances had been made in the Pakistani bureaucracy since the SQ117 hijacking incident when trying to meet the hijacker's demand for the release of some jailed militants in Pakistan, the Sin government tried to called the then Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, and someone on the other end informed them that she is asleep and not to be disturbed and terminated the call when was told it is of the utmost urgency?

Plenty would have changed. So many years have passed and Benazir Bhutto is very dead. We know that Pakistan is an ally of China. As an example, China is building nuclear reactors for Pakistan and then some. Then, we also know that Pakistan is also USA's ally.

If Pakistan is not China as well as USA's ally, India would have decimated Pakistan a long time ago and Kashmir would be as forgone a conclusion politically as Xinjiang or Tibet under China.

The geo-political power play is extremely interesting. Take a look at this map and you will see this strategic corridor that lines up Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan in association with one another. By the way, now you know why Russia was so interested in Afghanistan but never able to bring it under its control.

webmap_05_iran.jpg

Nobody knows if a quiet call to Pakistan would or could have secured Ms Lo's release. BUT we sure know now that a much publicised battle-cry to "assist India in all ways" to secure the release of Ms Lo had resulted in.

Correct? :biggrin:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kashmir is more than a strategic consideration. It is a beautiful woman two brothers had sworn never to let go off! Talk to any Indian or Pakistani who had been there and they will concur!