• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Residents want Singapore Buddhist Lodge to be torn down!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He couldn't understand Chinese or any Chinese dialect. But I do. If something went wrong, I bear. Fortunately, I was good enough. Nothing went wrong.

so he wasnt a singaporean mafia ?

i respected mafia ( not those street gangsters that whack ppl when kena stare ) i mean those businessman mafia then the police . when i first landed in japan with no money ..its the yakuza who helped me of course i helped them to make money too ( im not going into detail here ) . those ppl are all very steady pun pipi fellows .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so he wasnt a singaporean mafia ?

i respected mafia ( not those street gangsters that whack ppl when kena stare ) i mean those businessman mafia then the police . when i first landed in japan with no money ..its the yakuza who helped me of course i helped them to make money too ( im not going into detail here ) . those ppl are all very steady pun pipi fellows .

He was an American white who had never set foot on Singapore or Japan. But he loved Japanese food though, quite easily available at SF Nihonmachi.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was an American white who had never set foot on Singapore or Japan. But he loved Japanese food though, quite easily available at SF Nihonmachi.

You pay me and I'll tear them down. Take it as performance art or scientific experiment. I reiterate: there is no such thing as gods, spirits, demons, ghosts, feng shui etc. :smile:
Don Michael Corleone?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: North East ? Punggol ?

orbat-f16c.jpg

Yah, I do remember seeing a C-130 flying over there when I was coming out into an open field near the futuristic looking MRT station.

Got F-16s or not ? Noisy ? Cannot be compared to Dakota Crescent or Jurong West lah.
Ya fucking hell....just moved here.....fucking nosiy everyday.....at night as well

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supply and demand. If the residents wanna remove the temple, they should buy over the land and evict the people there. Put your money where your mouth is.

Religious organizations operate like big businesses. They can raise hundreds of millions from their followers for whatever reason they can come up with. CHC and NC are 2 examples. The residents simply cannot afford to buy up the land and demolish the temple to evict them because the temple is much richer than the residents.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religious organizations operate like big businesses. They can raise hundreds of millions from their followers for whatever reason they can come up with. CHC and NC are 2 examples. The residents simply cannot afford to buy up the land and demolish the temple to evict them because the temple is much richer than the residents.

Then they should shut up and put up with it. Power = freedom. No power, no freedom :smile:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then they should shut up and put up with it. Power = freedom. No power, no freedom :smile:

Yes. The poorer residents should just shut up and tolerate the activities of the richer temple. If they don't shut up, the temple one day could buy up the land their tower is sitting on to evict them. The side with more money to spare eventually wins.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uh Bro, the Feng Shui thing is like cannot play play but also cannot ignore,,if we look at LKY history, he is smart and evil but also lucky.. the perfect combination..that is why he is still around today doing what he wants etc, except he can never escape old age and death,,no matter how lucky one is, there are rumours that he has some feng shui master helping him etc...good feng shui helps alot,,LKY is one of the luckiest Dictators around,,most dictators all ended in a sorry state,,but LKY is still around,,so cannot say dont believe in feng shui..but also cannot be a believer as its too expensive good feng shui master is hard to find

You are right about the Feng Shui thing - even if we don't believe, we cannot ignore the fact that others take it seriously. Myself, even though I do not believe, I take the Feng Shui guys as oriental landscape architcects (got good and bad ones too.) as many around me believe it.

LKY is still in power because in Sg, one one else is able to muster politics as adroitly as him. He is able to garner the media, the unions, judiciary, the cops, military, and the businesses to his advantage. No one else in the land even comes close. In the past, I may have considered him a dictator, but now, in retrospective view, I'd say the public allowed him the reigns for almost absolute control. Even now, he is still treated as almost godlike, despite handing the power over to his son.

BTW, a career is Feng Shui services isn't bad y'know?

Cheers!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. The poorer residents should just shut up and tolerate the activities of the richer temple. If they don't shut up, the temple one day could buy up the land their tower is sitting on to evict them. The side with more money to spare eventually wins.

If the temple commits any unjust act, public sentiment will turn against them and their "revenue" will fall. Power is a fluid concept. It's not just $$ :smile:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems condo ownership is a disease. Once you move into a condo, suddenly insects and noise become unbearable. It decreases your vulnerability. Odd.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems condo ownership is a disease. Once you move into a condo, suddenly insects and noise become unbearable. It decreases your vulnerability. Odd.

Normally when a person pays more, s/he expects more, or better. Size, quality, privacy, luxury, prestige, facilities, serenity, scenic view, whatever. However, it does not always happen and they have to put up with it - or else move if the management can do anything about it.

In this case here, the temple was there before the condos, the buyers should have considered the temple's activities before purchasing it. They have to tolerate, or for want of a better word, accomodate its activities.

Cheers!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally when a person pays more, s/he expects more, or better. Size, quality, privacy, luxury, prestige, facilities, serenity, scenic view, whatever. However, it does not always happen and they have to put up with it - or else move if the management can do anything about it.

In this case here, the temple was there before the condos, the buyers should have considered the temple's activities before purchasing it. They have to tolerate, or for want of a better word, accomodate its activities.

Cheers!

Buildings are the most expensive stuff yet the most vulnerable to all kinds of things on earth. So it seems common sense does not work when it comes to this. Flies, floods and noise do not choose to avoid expensive property. We know rust does not choose to avoid cars.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yah, I do remember seeing a C-130 flying over there when I was coming out into an open field near the futuristic looking MRT station.

Got F-16s or not ? Noisy ? Cannot be compared to Dakota Crescent or Jurong West lah.

f16 station at tengah lah. paya lebar only have f5 plus what ever aussie and USN fly there. that why i also dont understand why paya lebar have nite ops, almost every nite fly low to add to the noise pollution.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You pay me and I'll tear them down. Take it as performance art or scientific experiment. I reiterate: there is no such thing as gods, spirits, demons, ghosts, feng shui etc. :smile:

you reiterate and confirm. okay. one day you come here and tell us your nightmares.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i tell u this story. one uncle got angry and threw away all the idols the mother kept at home.he kicked all the idols and threw them like litter over the balcony of his hdb flat. nothing happened he sweared. one day, his mother found him dead at the foot of their flat. you scared or not. don't believe.don't anyhow say things don't believe.many unseen eyes around. you no see does not mean no exist. nevermind lah u very powderful man.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nightmare ? whahahaha . nightmare come and go same like wet dreams :wink:
you so big still got wet dreams. my dreams all dry ones. no nightmares becasue i got thai amulets all over my body.all the mantras in my head. i not scared one. don't underestimate the hiddenworld of the spirits. don't laugh okay. i got experienced such funny things.luckili old uncle is still around to tell alll you young unbelievers about ghosts and spirits...demons and spirtis.they are alive!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you so big still got wet dreams. my dreams all dry ones. no nightmares becasue i got thai amulets all over my body.all the mantras in my head. i not scared one. don't underestimate the hiddenworld of the spirits. don't laugh okay. i got experienced such funny things.luckili old uncle is still around to tell alll you young unbelievers about ghosts and spirits...demons and spirtis.they are alive!

who say old pp no wet dreams ? i also dream i fuck guan ying mah :wink: i dont have mantras and i also dont scare :wink: