• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COE Prices in the next few months

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just scrapped my car and am intending to get a new one but I am not in a hurry. I notice that car deaers are coming up with hefty discounts. For instance, Borneo Motors is charging $6K less for its Vios models. It is advertising them at $56K.
The market talk is that the number of COEs will be gradually reduced and prices will go up. And car dealers fear this will lead to a sales slump and hence they are offering heavy discounts now.
However, one source told me that the COE will come down after the Chinese New Year cos the General Election is on the cards. Moreover, many would have already bought new cars before CNY.

What do you all think?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe possible! :biggrin:

I just scrapped my car and am intending to get a new one but I am not in a hurry. I notice that car deaers are coming up with hefty discounts. For instance, Borneo Motors is charging $6K less for its Vios models. It is advertising them at $56K.
The market talk is that the number of COEs will be gradually reduced and prices will go up. And car dealers fear this will lead to a sales slump and hence they are offering heavy discounts now.
However, one source told me that the COE will come down after the Chinese New Year cos the General Election is on the cards. Moreover, many would have already bought new cars before CNY.

What do you all think?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What do you all think?

Yes. The GE will be in May.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you all think?

Car ownersjip is like having a child, its a long term term investment.

For sure the elections are comming & the gov't will try to sweeten the ground by lowering costs of this & that. However think what will happen AFTER the elections.

Expect lots & lots of increases. Those billions lost by Ho Ching needs to be recovered from somewhere. With the poor & uncertain economic situation you might even want to consider joining the other sardines in our packed trains :rolleyes:

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you all think?

Have you considered buying a 2nd hand vehicle?
They are selling them very very cheaply in JB.
One car wash there is offering to sell a brown 2 year old Mercedes car worth S$180K for only RM$100K. It comes with SG number plates :p

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does price of COE have anything to do with the general election? I am inclined to wait since everyone is rushing to buy