• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christian Preaching in Office. Is it acceptable?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My young cousin who had just started working seems to be targeted by some Christians in her office.

She is in her early 20s and recently she told my aunt that she wants to covert to Christianity. She said that it is her calling and does not want to listen to anyone in her family.

I found out that the person trying to convert her is her female superior.

Is it acceptable? Like this can complain or not? Is this a form of abuse of power as the superior is in a position to influence and there is an indirect pressure to comply.

What would you do in such cases har?

that is the evil of freedom of religion.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the pie is getting smaller. MLM religion becames too saturated, with members touting desparately from other religion liao.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My young cousin who had just started working seems to be targeted by some Christians in her office.

She is in her early 20s and recently she told my aunt that she wants to covert to Christianity. She said that it is her calling and does not want to listen to anyone in her family.

Is it acceptable? Like this can complain or not? Is this a form of abuse of power as the superior is in a position to influence and there is an indirect pressure to comply.

Actually depends on how it is done. Personally I think it is in bad taste to bring religion into the work place. Personally use to bait those converters but after a few tries they pretty much gave up. Joke is it seems that I know more about their religion than they did. :biggrin:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was born Taoist, by 15 yrs old i have so many Taoist Amulets/rings/prayers badges etc all over me, in my wallet, pockets, chain.. I live in fear. I spend time and money worship my Gods
for favour to strike lottery and to gain protection vs ghosts and bad luck.

By 21 yrs old I was converted to Christian. Christian school, friends and girlfriends were my influence. I live with faith & hope. Raise my own family and frequently seeing myself donating my spare
money to my church. After 20 years with no savings and still can't "speak in tongues" or go into trance no matter how focus & sincere i've prayed. I pack my bags and moved into....

The Buddhist camp. Found out that Buddhism is NOT a religion but a philosophy of life. Now I live in peace. I have now a lot more then when i was younger but i've lost interest in most things cos i've learnt not to crave. Wtf ! lol.... That's Life

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was born Taoist, by 15 yrs old i have so many Taoist Amulets/rings/prayers badges etc all over me, in my wallet, pockets, chain.. I live in fear. I spend time and money worship my Gods

By 21 yrs old I was converted to Christian. Christian school, friends and girlfriends were my influence. I live with faith & hope. Raise my own family and frequently seeing myself donating my spare
money to my church. After 20 years with no savings and still can't "speak in tongues" or go into trance no matter how focus & sincere i've prayed. I pack my bags and moved into....

The Buddhist camp. Found out that Buddhism is NOT a religion but a philosophy of life. Now I live in peace. I have now a lot more then when i was younger but i've lost interest in most things cos i've learnt not to crave. Wtf ! lol.... That's Life

It is a spiritual journey. Surprisingly your family no KPKB about it.
What do you mean by going into trance? You mean during your sunday mass.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The power of self-delusion:

[video=youtube;LyJI9xDUYV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJI9xDUYV8[/video]

[video=youtube;Q-jmhd0wKe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-jmhd0wKe4[/video]

[video=youtube;x_ob1dovXMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ob1dovXMY[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your cousin is an adult, in the real world - she should make her own choice.

Around us are all kinds, religious zealots, atheist, commies, fitness buffs, partyers, isolationists, etc. We make our decisions who we want to associate with and what we want to do.

Of course you can give her your advice, but it is she who calls her shots.

At place of work - anything is acceptable as long as it promotes staff cohesion.

If I were in your shoes, I'd tell her to try it out for a while (since she feels compellted) and if it doesn't feel comfortable, to discretely disengage herself.

Cheers

My young cousin who had just started working seems to be trgeted by some Christians in her office.

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
becoz there's no such thing as God..........so i can say God is my Dog...........

just as form is not form.............all living beings are in fact............not living beings..........

you seem to be very the sure about this.whats your evidence abt how all this came into existence?
Did the universe just came into being by chance? LOL

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Preaching to non-believers unethical. Evangelism is unethical. Such practice should be criminalized and practitioners classified under charlatans. Whatever religion, using sales and pressure tactics on people, especially when taking advantage of vulnerable moments of weakness due to unfortunate circumstances, to believe in invisible man or visible statue is an act of charlatanism.

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually hor , the so called taoist you commonly meet should not be called taoist.
what they do is a kind of degenerated , corrupted form of the pure Taoist practice. almost 99% of the mark from the original.
of course you lived in fear because you don't know what you doing and what the real taoist practises.
the real original form emphasise on strict moral conduct , up righteousness , pure living.

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont mind if it's a chiobu colleague preaching to me, if she try's to convert me, I will convert her the other way. :biggrin: