• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christian Preaching in Office. Is it acceptable?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My young cousin who had just started working seems to be targeted by some Christians in her office.

She is in her early 20s and recently she told my aunt that she wants to covert to Christianity. She said that it is her calling and does not want to listen to anyone in her family.

I found out that the person trying to convert her is her female superior.

Is it acceptable? Like this can complain or not? Is this a form of abuse of power as the superior is in a position to influence and there is an indirect pressure to comply.

What would you do in such cases har?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first of all, as an adult, she should know how to say no...unless her superior is threatening no promotions / bias treatment unless she converts- then she has case to bring up to her superior's superior.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course the superior will not say it blatantly but no promise that she will make things difficult for my cousin subsequently.

first of all, as an adult, she should know how to say no...unless her superior is threatening no promotions / bias treatment unless she converts- then she has case to bring up to her superior's superior.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I once worked in a small firm whereby everybody inside is a Christian save for me, i obviously was left out of most things and discussions since i never joined in their Praise the Lord sessions. Thank goodness i didn't stayed there very long. Bunch of wackos

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course the superior will not say it blatantly but no promise that she will make things difficult for my cousin subsequently.
it cant be all are christians in her office under her superior.
she can check out with her colleagues mah.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last yr a Christian couple came to my Front door, After the 1st sentence..I said FUCK OFF AND SLAM THE DOOR ON THEIR FACE. Felt good.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Newly joined staff are the easiest to influence especially when they are young and naive.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
try speak to your cousin or else 20% or more of her wages could landed up in the church fund for the pastor.:eek:
btw, did your cousin tells you which church ah? could it be......:eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
christians now generally behave like pesky salesmen. they are persistent and cannot take NO for an answer. they think they are doing some great deed for their god for converting as many as possible. but it already create unhappiness and a terrible disservice to their faith.

the worst can be witnessed in hospital especially their pestering to a terminally ill and dying patient. where's the simple love they were supposed to have been taught?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last yr a Christian couple came to my Front door, After the 1st sentence..I said FUCK OFF AND SLAM THE DOOR ON THEIR FACE. Felt good.

Two young christian girls came to my door step. Straight away bypassed me and invited my children to their church for christmas party. Like I'm invisible to them. So angry!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask her to talk to drifter :biggrin:

My young cousin who had just started working seems to be targeted by some Christians in her office.

She is in her early 20s and recently she told my aunt that she wants to covert to Christianity. She said that it is her calling and does not want to listen to anyone in her family.

Is it acceptable? Like this can complain or not? Is this a form of abuse of power as the superior is in a position to influence and there is an indirect pressure to comply.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahahaha ..... reminds me of one incident long go ....

I was staying in hdb flat ..... one x'tian girl don't know from what sect .... binya ... and tried to get me interested .... quite cute looking.... since no one at home ... invited her in .... turned out I influenced her ....... finally ended in bed ....:eek::biggrin:

.... 2nd and thereon meetings .... cuffs were used also binya....:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

superior is female eh............looks like a girl-girl relationship to me...........

in her 20's and still so easily influenced................confirm lesbo liao lah..........

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its not so simple....

And no its not acceptable, but its happening not just in the private sector. Look at the Air Force. Birds of a feather flock together.....

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is her religious journey in life and I believe they should let her discover her true faith.
Put yourself in her shoe. Imagine her having to face peer and superior pressure in the office; and family pressures at home.
This type of thing cannot fight one!

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is her religious journey in life and I believe they should let her discover her true faith.
Put yourself in her shoe. Imagine her having to face peer and superior pressure in the office; and family pressures at home.
This type of thing cannot fight one!
u lidat say, many have to succumb to pap leh.