• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese New Year .... a period of stress and quarrels ?? ....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can don't change.
Can don't bau.
Can don't buy.
Can don't wash.
Can don't clear.
Can don't meet.
Can don't visit.
Can don't say.
Can don't cook.
Can don't open the door.
:o:biggrin:
u 4got his last line ... :o

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope Singapore can be less crowded like in the past where foreigners all headed home to celebrate. Anyway, it is just another holiday. My family will cook like any other days except with a little more dishes on Reunion. As for me I will just stay at home and watch DVD from day one to day 3 or go jogging in the park. I don't visit relatives, friends or colleagues. I don't give Ang Bao or receive them. I don't greet my neighbours who are largely foreigners.

No more buying candies, Muah Chee or Jelly pudding because no one in the family like those stuff. All grown up.

As for new cloth, I just buy one piece to wear on CNY to visit my parents, other day I just stayed at home surfing net or download movies. Nevertheless, I still buy a big simple Nian Gao or Huat Kueh and placed them alongside the money plant with some oranges at home for symbolic reason. That is how I treat CNY like a normal festive day. Nothing fanciful really.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another terror stress is old singles receiving ang pow !!:(

One example of old singles counteracting married relatives' question of ... ''eerrr .... when you getting married'' is .....ask them first this question .....''errrr .... you haven't divorce ah ??'':eek:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree with bro myfoot. CNY is just another rest day for me to relax my body and mind. I dont invite friends or relative to my home and i only visit one place for CNY. As for the so call CNY goodies, most are available thru out the year, i wont suddenly crave for them. Like bro myfoot, i just buy one set of new clothing which too can be use for normal workwear for the first day of CNY to visit both my wife & my parents. Then atmost visit my uncle (mom brother) home on the sunday where most of the relatives will be ard. i dun bother with my father siblings as i not close to them. reunion dinner also a simple affair as only three adults and one kid. Was thinking of book a reunion dinner at downstair coffeeshop at $68 but mom rather she cook herself.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNY is stressful. No wonder BusNo.64 is going to Hatyai.

Getting away from relatives during CNY hass been the trend for years :smile:

Unfortunately too many people are doing it, driving the cost of tixs, hotel rooms up during this festive season.

I find it strange that in places like Indonesia, Malaysia,... the new year is when people "balek kampong" but in Spore many are "running away" :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it strange that in places like Indonesia, Malaysia,... the new year is when people "balek kampong" but in Spore many are "running away" :biggrin:

I don't have the CNY tradition and shall just stay home, catch up on some reading and watch TV. :cool:

jw5

Loyal
CNY is the time of year where lots of fxxkers smile, give good wishes and pretend to be nice, all because they want to get lucky. :o :biggrin:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNY is the time of year where lots of fxxkers smile, give good wishes and pretend to be nice, all because they want to get lucky. :o :biggrin:

For me quite stressful ah ..... every cny ..... all relatives use my house as the one stopover because I got biggest house ..... so that no need visit each other .... must prepare food to cater for 50 to 60 people ....prepare beers and whisky .... this year wine also included .....children running around ..... aunties yakking away .....:o:(

some more got one senior MP ..... my cousins' husband .....:o

Got one year lagi classic ..... 2 cousins nearly came to blows ....etc etc:eek:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me quite stressful ah ..... every cny ..... all relatives use my house as the one stopover because I got biggest house ..... so that no need visit each other .... must prepare food to cater for 50 to 60 people ....prepare beers and whisky .... this year wine also included .....children running around ..... aunties yakking away .....:o:(

oi
uncle.. u dun bullshit..
u stay in the tent at ECP.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Soo Khoon and Tan Cheng Bock have already retired. PAP senior MPs are all in the cabinet. I don't see any senior MP in the backbench. Do you mean senior opposition MP?

Senior not as in age wise lah ....

Position wise lah ...... However he is quite polite to me ..... always asking me the same questions year in year out ..... where u go for holidays recently, how your horses doing ..... blah blah blah ...:o

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senior not as in age wise lah ....

Position wise lah ...... However he is quite polite to me ..... always asking me the same questions year in year out ..... where u go for holidays recently, how your horses doing ..... blah blah blah ...:o

Then must be Ong Ah Heng. :eek: :biggrin:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years ago, cny gathering I open 5 to 6 cans of abalone and through the years, this year have to open 15 to 20 cans ...... siow !!!:o

Deep Purple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Singapore can be less crowded like in the past where foreigners all headed home to celebrate. Anyway, it is just another holiday. My family will cook like any other days except with a little more dishes on Reunion.

As for me I will just stay at home and watch DVD from day one to day 3 or go jogging in the park. I don't visit relatives, friends or colleagues. I don't give Ang Bao or receive them. I don't greet my neighbours who are largely foreigners.

Same with me However, in my neighbours case, we operate in different universe.

No more buying candies, Muah Chee or Jelly pudding because no one in the family like those stuff. All grown up.

Agreed

As for new cloth, I just buy one piece to wear on CNY to visit my parents, other day I just stayed at home surfing net or download movies.

Agreed on the second part

Nevertheless, I still buy a big simple Nian Gao or Huat Kueh and placed them alongside the money plant with some oranges at home for symbolic reason. That is how I treat CNY like a normal festive day. Nothing fanciful really.

Muz learn from u here.

jw5

Loyal
Another terror stress is old singles receiving ang pow !!:(

One example of old singles counteracting married relatives' question of ... ''eerrr .... when you getting married'' is .....ask them first this question .....''errrr .... you haven't divorce ah ??'':eek:
Instead of asking specific questions like "When are you getting married?" or "When are you getting divorced?" :o :biggrin:, how about asking a general open ended question like "How's things with you?" and let the person answer as much or as little as he wants?

For those who have no choice but to subject yourself to such niceties, please give your opinion, whether you are the one asking or answering. :p

Last edited: