• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam might repeat the 1991 giant killing feat in Bishan -ToaPayoh

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like Chiam's unexplained yet legendary magnetic pull might pull Bishan-TP from PAP's orbit.

I had doubts about him taking on two ultra-strong ministers in a GRC that has not been contested for 20 years and the fact that he is frail and not in good health. That did not seem to be case at his rally speech. As others have mentioned in this forum and others - Chiam ability to connect with aunties, uncles, the young ones, the various races as well as those who cut across the educational spectrum is again surfacing.

In 1991, no one expected Chiam to pull 3 seats out of PAP's orbit. It was blamed on a Minister of State that washes her hands but Chiam did not receive much credit.

In 1991, he did it with 2 chaps, one of whom turned out to be a clown. This time around he has Ben Pwee who has solid credentials. It also appears that Ben has picked up grassroots cultivation skills from his dad, courtesy of PAP.

Lets put it this way - anything less than 55% by the PAP is slap in the face for WKS and if it turns out to be a loss, guess who will be on suicide watch.

You re-sat for your o level English to obtain a credit and you did. You then went to Teachers Training College and became a teacher. Posted to Kuantan, you were admired for your diligence and passion. Your students from both sides of the causeway remember you. You saved up and went to NZ to obtain your tertiary education. You did not stop and persevered and became a lawyer and an officer of the Supreme Court. Nearly 30 years ago, a little VW putted away in Cainhill with your Mrs in tow. You distributed flyers and you spoke to residents. You again persevered. After repeated attempts the residents of Potong Pasir saw a man that could deliver and you did.

In parliament, you made the Minister of National Development sweat at every session. You made old man apologise that no other opposition member has ever done. You also sued 2 cabinet minister successfully which again no other person has managed. In 1991, you delivered 3 seats which again has yet to be repeated. In all these years, no harsh word for anyone. In parliament you chastised a PAP member for using racist and bigoted comment against the Indian community. The irony was not lost as none of the PAP Indian members stood up to defend their own community. This led to unrest and the PM of the day, Goh Chok Tong had to explain to parliament that the senior most PAP Indian member and cabinet Minister Jayakumar wanted to rise to object but Chiam beat him to it. Talk about overpaid heavy asses.

The young may not remember you but the parents do. May the force be with you Singaporeans are. You served this country well and the country still needs you.

May the force be with you Mr Chiam as the rest of Singapore seem to be.

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I am not actually a brave man, but I love Singapore and I love Singaporeans", Chiam See Tong

Dear voters of Bishan/Toa Payoh GRC,

Come polling day on May 7, please give your generous support for this truly, uniquely Singaporeans' Politician who selflessly soldiered on despite his poor health to fight for a worthy cause so that Singaporeans can secure our future!

Get him into parliament (for this maybe his last time) to fulfill his unselfish wish!

Vote for SPP!

Last edited:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much though i detest the elf that is decked in white, i am sad that pp in B-TP vote with their wallets.

PP there are "enlightened" self-centred bastards.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me and my household have 3 votes for CST confirmed, reconfirmed and guaranteed. On May 7, these votes will be signed, sealed and delivered.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
215263_1899231715317_1077370635_2172061_325518_n.jpg

babachai

Alfrescian
Loyal
People of Bishan-Toa Payoh, GCT ahve given you the blessing to vote out WKS as WKS have screw up in the MKS case. That's what GCT says.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me and my household have 3 votes for CST confirmed, reconfirmed and guaranteed. On May 7, these votes will be signed, sealed and delivered.
Please do. This man deserves my respect and he is the only politician I admire, even compared with worldwide.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have voted for Chiam since 1984. My parents, who are no longer with us, voted for him in the previous election when he lost to the PAP's Howe Yoong Chong in Potong Pasir. My brothers and sisters have voted for him along the years when they came of age.

This year, we will vote for the spirit that he embodies, by standing by his wife.

I sincerely hope that the majority of citizens in Bishan-Toa Payoh vote for that same spirit. My heart is telling me its possible but my head is saying its only probable...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
4 votes frm us are going to Mr Chiam. U 1 us 2 chg our mind...can...gun us down n run our bloody dead finger over the voting slip. :smile:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Before I attended the SPP rally on monday, I only knew of Mr. Chiam from down here and reading on him. Please don't get me wrong, I have never met him in person and I only know him as Singapore's longest serving opposition MP and has the support of Potong Pasir for 27 years.

After reading and looking at how frail CST is on the news, I began to be intrigued. Why is he still doing this? Is he trying to establish a legacy, to leave a long lasting name? I decided to go to a SPP rally and find out who really is this man?

The crowd on monday at Bishan Stadium went wild when CST came at around 9pm. When he spoke, everyone went quiet to listen very intently to what was he saying. It was obvious that CST was struggling to form words on the podium, let alone standing on it. As he spoke, my heart wept. Any lesser man would have stopped what he is doing now and yet he still soldier on. Mr. Chiam is the true Father of Singapore democracy as he has never stop working for her and her citizens irregardless of whether he knows you or not and whether you agree with him or not.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone close to me knew Mr Chiam personally a long time ago -- before he went into politics. I was told many times that even then, he had a strong sense of righteousness. Mr Chiam went in to politics during a period when opposition was a taboo. He lost many friends because they had to distanced themselves from an enemy of PAP.

Mr Chiam walked in to parliament and stayed on for 27 years despite all the odds stacked against him. Seeing him still rallying at B-TP in this state of health just breaks my heart.

I hope Singaporeans finally acknowledge what Mr Chiam See Tong stands for in the local politics scene - a lone beacon of human compassion and courage against injustice in the system.

I hope Singaporeans finally understand why he, despite all the years of bullying, never stopped serving his residents of Potong Pasir. In his little office, Mr Chiam has upheld the political rights of all Singaporeans for the past 27 years.

Win or lose on 7 May, Mr Chiam See Tong is already a champion.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...what an emotional send-off for CST in PP tonite after rally....
chanting crowd following him in a procession taking the road (Poodles lan lan)
walking all the way to PP TC......
again I am impressed...young and old, boys and gals, black and yellow....
CST walked all the way......
i think he has a real chance in B-TPY given that WKS andHen are not really that popular ministars.
Lena Chiam should also be a close call.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
And dogs will say he did it for the MP salary. Compare to his income as a lawyer? Let me return to Goh Chok Tong his Hen income lost remark.

"Then he is stupid."

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With so many good people as opposition candidates, if the PAP wins all the seats, Singapore is totally lost. Time for me to shake a leg and move out for it can only get worse. With characters like the present ones that fuel our anger, add CCS, TPL and OTK, I do not wish to be around any longer.

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let the god bless Mr Chiam.
Pls give mr Chiam CT the fullest support.
Although I am not on ur GRC but I sincerely
wish you can slaughter the "biggest 2 dragrons"
On 7th May , SPP will trump!

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of them knew Chiam is the founded of Singapore Democratic Party in 1980, and was the party's Secretary-General (leader) until 1993, why and what happend? ask the cheebye lor!