• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder whether they asked Zorro the same questions when he left stat board to become a ministar who spends his time stating the obvious and making motherhood statements.

The two cannot be compared. One survived and succeeded on his own overseas. World class lawyer. The another needs to be sheltered and spoon-fed. The latter won't even survive in an SME on his own.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They both have engaged in PR opportunties. That is common sense and that is the reality of getting into politics. OKY overdid the soccer with malay orphans. Too small and playing to the Malay camp. A bit of a stretch.

CSM was smarter, ice kachang cuts across all races, hawker centre common to the working class and again all races and he is known to do it all the time. OKY never once played soccer with these guys or with similar ilk. He also categorigally labelled English Ed as dishonest.

The messaging for one was right, the other went the wrong way. Its does not take much intelligence why one worked and the other did not.

Ha when OYK pictured playing soccer with local kids, it must be posed. But when CSM was posed with with a hawker centre it was sending all the right messages.
I urge everyone to look beyond the pictures and look at their work, what they stand for etc.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suddenly i realized, with Chen Sow Mao's charisma, i won't be surprised sometimes even prostitutes fall into love helplessly with their clients ....

It happened before in the many lorongs in Geylang when M'sian pros fell in love with their clients. Not because of their $$$, but feelings can develope even in the absence of $$$. Some call it fate. Others, destiny.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry did not see this. Agree.

Notice they been giving more coverage to WP after the BE. My personal take, it just PR exercise to correct public perception that MSM are pro-PAP. Especially at this time when media objectivity is under the spotlight. In the long run, nothing will change.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They both have engaged in PR opportunties. That is common sense and that is the reality of getting into politics. OKY overdid the soccer with malay orphans. Too small and playing to the Malay camp. A bit of a stretch.

CSM was smarter, ice kachang cuts across all races, hawker centre common to the working class and again all races and he is known to do it all the time. OKY never once played soccer with these guys or with similar ilk. He also categorigally labelled English Ed as dishonest.

The messaging for one was right, the other went the wrong way. Its does not take much intelligence why one worked and the other did not.

Instead of soccer with Malay orphans, OKY would have been better off strumming guitar with the Malays in the void decks. Read he plays the guitar.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The late VP ACS, Ernest Lau tutored him in the English language. Ernest also coached LWL when the latter had to take her GP. Btw, he and Lau Lee bro-in-laws.

Wonder who else was coached by Ernest. Another super high flier?

Do not downgrade the esteemed Ernest Lau. Which government school principal would bother to coach students individually?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have sang praises about Ken more than anyone else in this forum and over many moons. if SPH want to hang it hook on a single individual its quite a stretch.

By the way this forum and society can only succeed if we keep discussions going on a regular basis, whether views are skewed, cynical, slanted or pure vitriol. The cream will always rise to the top. The trick is to have the forum in the first place and keeping it busy with contribution even at times of an event drought

Occasional forays though tempting to carve out an image of self righteousness, being objective, on a separate plane of being a higher being does no one any good except for one's ego.

In essence don't worry too much about the person but wait for the occasional gems to make for good argument and a way forward.

If forums like this do not exist or if those who posts are are only the objective ones, we will all be queueing up to drink from the monopoly called SPH. Knowledge after all is food for thought and we cannot be picky when we are hungry. Something the PAP knows full well.

Name me one other than Ken Kwek and show his or her content over the years . It will let the rest know that SPH is not what I paint it out to be.

One of the most poetic & crystal piece of writing I am struck with coming from this kopitiam...

kudos kingrant, love yr use of 'abundance mentality' which sadly lots of cynics here from chaopappy to scroobal sadly yet understandly have become under the yoke of the party in white....

Seeing possibilities in spite of all the evil reports require a certain cause-driven consciousness.

Any can bitch, some even do so eloquently and caustically with wit to boot. But what next? More cursing & swearing of papzis/pappies/bastards etc etc...

Incidentally, Scroo, this place you called Braddell Brothel... Sigh, i have mixed feelings with this term since good men have walked down their corridors like Ken Kuek etc... I understand the revulsive contempt as well....

Suddenly i realized, with Chen Sow Mao's charisma, i won't be surprised sometimes even prostitutes fall into love helplessly with their clients .... With run-off-the-mill clients like ministars etc, once in a blue moon, a gem appears... Prostitutes occasionally have a heart you know, even if they prostitute for money in cowardice...

maxxieb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still surprised that this article was written in this manner and passed the editors desk.

This happen only after LTK hoot MSM on the by-election conference...so now they just trying very hard to be neutral as all eyes are in them now!!!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reservist was not called because MINDEF found him too expensive to recall otherwise he would not be
able to clear his application to stand for election.

SIAM is Thailand and a misrepresentation.

Not true. My fren salary 18k also do reservist. He served as CBL storeman in my unit.
The diff is, Chen chosed to stay and work overseas and siamed all reservist. Its his choice. He chosed not to serve. Service is a privildge and not a scarifice he said?
Don't listen to what people say, look at what they did.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. My fren salary 18k also do reservist. He served as CBL storeman in my unit.
The diff is, Chen chosed to stay and work overseas and siamed all reservist. Its his choice. He chosed not to serve. Service is a privildge and not a scarifice he said?

All i want to say is that your FREN is VERY UNLUCKY !

LOL

Cheers ! :biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have sang praises about Ken more than anyone else in this forum and over many moons. Trueif SPH want to hang it hook on a single individual its quite a stretch.

By the way this forum and society can only succeed if we keep discussions going on a regular basis, whether views are skewed, cynical, slanted or pure vitriol. The cream will always rise to the top. The trick is to have the forum in the first place and keeping it busy with contribution even at times of an event droughtagree

Occasional forays though tempting to carve out an image of self righteousness, being objective, on a separate plane of being a higher being does no one any good except for one's ego i steer clear from the rascist/non rascist sparring... Vexatious

In essence don't worry too much about the person but wait for the occasional gems to make for good argument and a way forward. True

Name me one other than Ken Kwek and show his or her content over the years . It will let the rest know that SPH is not what I paint it out to be.
you got me here ... The scholars r out... Gang Han, Sumiko, chua sis-es, that andy guy & indian rohith something ... Vebose n convulated occasionally ok, KP Ho op-ed once in a while he is not staff,
jenadas Devan too arty farty snoot for me...

Tough call, brothel i hv no issue, most familiar with the regular kind...
so this term describing times house or sph, well, kind of doing injustice to the term & my lovely chickens
:-)
no issues mate...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are permanent residents of other countries do not have to return to do their NS. They will apply for exit permit which needs to be renewed. The are many Singaporeans who work for GLC and the Govt and are based overseas and they do not return for reservists.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All right bro, got you. Did you have bring up Janadas and spoil the last hours of the weekend. Once on the advice of a forummer here, I cast aside my bias (or least I thought I could) and read one of his articles. It was sheer excruciating pain. SPH staffers have little choice but to carry him on their books - that is common knowledge.

I have sang praises about Ken more than anyone else in this forum and over many moons. Trueif SPH want to hang it hook on a single individual its quite a stretch.

By the way this forum and society can only succeed if we keep discussions going on a regular basis, whether views are skewed, cynical, slanted or pure vitriol. The cream will always rise to the top. The trick is to have the forum in the first place and keeping it busy with contribution even at times of an event droughtagree

Occasional forays though tempting to carve out an image of self righteousness, being objective, on a separate plane of being a higher being does no one any good except for one's ego i steer clear from the rascist/non rascist sparring... Vexatious

In essence don't worry too much about the person but wait for the occasional gems to make for good argument and a way forward. True

you got me here ... The scholars r out... Gang Han, Sumiko, chua sis-es, that andy guy & indian rohith something ... Vebose n convulated occasionally ok, KP Ho op-ed once in a while he is not staff,
jenadas Devan too arty farty snoot for me...

Tough call, brothel i hv no issue, most familiar with the regular kind...
so this term describing times house or sph, well, kind of doing injustice to the term & my lovely chickens
:-)
no issues mate...

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are permanent residents of other countries do not have to return to do their NS. They will apply for exit permit which needs to be renewed. The are many Singaporeans who work for GLC and the Govt and are based overseas and they do not return for reservists.

Well, they can choose to serve or not serve, its up to them. In the case of Chen, he chose not to serve because its costs him too much to serve.
Service is a privilege? Not a burden?
Don't listen to what they say, look at what they did.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well, they can choose to serve or not serve, its up to them. In the case of Chen, he chose not to serve because its costs him too much to serve.
Kanina, have you taken your medicine? Weather very hot! Easy to go cuckoo bananas:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you been wiping yr mouth with the toilet paper you used to wipe your master's backside?

You may be infected with the pappyloccus e coli.

Last edited:

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah don't twist his words leh... He said PUBLIC service is a privilege.. Leave out 1 word can have drastic implications..

Look at what LHL did before GE.. Offer an "if wrong" apology.. who does that if he's sincere??
"listen to what they say and look at what they do".. :p