• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee asks Yeo if minister salaries are justified

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">Chee asks if Yeo feels minister salaries are justified </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td class="createdate" valign="top"> Tuesday, 11 August 2009 </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Singapore Democrats
georgeyeo.jpg
Dear Dr Chee

It is precisely because I don't want to involve my Ministry or the PAP that I prefer to avoid policy debate in FB.

On general considerations, I'm prepared to give my views, but not on details of policy like why SDP and CASE shd be treated differently. For this, I suggest you write MHA or get an MP to raise it in Parliament.

On Temasek, the key jobs are protected by the President and there are elaborate safeguards. Not in our interest to let the market know all our moves.

On minimum wages, this was a matter I considered in MTI. The higher it is, the greater the unemployment. Beyond a point, investors go elsewhere. Like it or not, there is an international labour market. But, within limits, we give our workers a leg up through foreign worker levies and citizen wage rebates.

I'm bumping into the 5000 ceiling on my FB account. Please feel free to become a supporter on my public page.

George​
Dear George,

Again I note and appreciate your response. I do want to address the points you raised.

Before that, however, I would like to go back to the question I asked about ministerial salaries and salaries of our working poor which you didn't address in your reply.

I had asked you if you felt you deserved your salary. This does not require details of policy. It is a simple yes or no, and perhaps a few words about why you feel the way you do. I also asked if you thought it was economically or morally justified that our ministers are the highest paid in the world and yet our poor cannot eke out a decent living. Would like your thoughts on this, please.

I ask you these questions not to put you in a tight spot. It is the basis upon which our society functions; it forms the moral fabric of our nation – factors that will determine the future direction of Singapore. Your answer would, hopefully, give us a starting point in addressing these concerns.

By the way what exactly is your salary? I hope you don't feel that I am prying but you must acknowledge that you are a public servant and because of that, Singaporeans have the right to know how much ministers are paid especially if you are the ones determining your own salaries.

So if you don't mind, I'd like you to give some thought to my questions before we move on to the other points.

Soon Juan
Read the previous exchange here.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
seee beeeh booooh leeooww!

keep arguing day in day out...

focus on the issue, not the person...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">Chee asks if Yeo feels minister salaries are justified </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td class="createdate" valign="top"> Tuesday, 11 August 2009 </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Singapore Democrats
georgeyeo.jpg
Dear Dr Chee

It is precisely because I don't want to involve my Ministry or the PAP that I prefer to avoid policy debate in FB.

On general considerations, I'm prepared to give my views, but not on details of policy like why SDP and CASE shd be treated differently. For this, I suggest you write MHA or get an MP to raise it in Parliament.

On Temasek, the key jobs are protected by the President and there are elaborate safeguards. Not in our interest to let the market know all our moves.

On minimum wages, this was a matter I considered in MTI. The higher it is, the greater the unemployment. Beyond a point, investors go elsewhere. Like it or not, there is an international labour market. But, within limits, we give our workers a leg up through foreign worker levies and citizen wage rebates.

I'm bumping into the 5000 ceiling on my FB account. Please feel free to become a supporter on my public page.

George​
Dear George,

Again I note and appreciate your response. I do want to address the points you raised.

Before that, however, I would like to go back to the question I asked about ministerial salaries and salaries of our working poor which you didn't address in your reply.

I had asked you if you felt you deserved your salary. This does not require details of policy. It is a simple yes or no, and perhaps a few words about why you feel the way you do. I also asked if you thought it was economically or morally justified that our ministers are the highest paid in the world and yet our poor cannot eke out a decent living. Would like your thoughts on this, please.

I ask you these questions not to put you in a tight spot. It is the basis upon which our society functions; it forms the moral fabric of our nation – factors that will determine the future direction of Singapore. Your answer would, hopefully, give us a starting point in addressing these concerns.

By the way what exactly is your salary? I hope you don't feel that I am prying but you must acknowledge that you are a public servant and because of that, Singaporeans have the right to know how much ministers are paid especially if you are the ones determining your own salaries.

So if you don't mind, I'd like you to give some thought to my questions before we move on to the other points.

Soon Juan
Read the previous exchange here.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

let's repost this question back to u, NGEJAY.

IS NUS PAYING U THE SCHOLARSHIP JUSTIFIED AND WORTH IT? why do they still wanna conitnue to pay u to bite the hands that feed u? if without te gov, do u think academically u could have come so far?

what does SDP give u, nerd? to longkang, to longkang to play with their filths?:mad:

would u dare to answer this question of WORTH, WORTHINESS AND WORTHLESSNESS?:rolleyes:

and please do not send in your nasty clones. that definitely CANNOT answer anything but just expose your cowardly self further.:oIo:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee asks if Yeo feels minister salaries are justified

why people still don't get it....

if people keep on bringing up this question...it's already not justified...