• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee asks about YOG during walkabout, Bala evades

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4531-chee-asks-about-yog-during-walkabout-bala-evades-

Chee asks about YOG during walkabout, Bala evades
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Singapore Democrats

vb_bukittimah1.jpg

During our weekend walkabout this morning at the Bukit Timah Food and Market Centre, the Singapore Democrats chanced upon a bunch of PAP ministers and members who were also out for their campaign.

Billed as a 'ministerial visit', no less than four ministers descended upon the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC to meet with the morning crowd. Joining Dr Vivian Balakrishnan and Mr Lim Swee Say (who are MPs at the GRC) were Mr Ng Eng Hen (Education Minister) and Ms Yu-Foo Yee Shoon (Minister of State for Community, Youth and Sports).

Coursing through the tables at the hawker centre, the Ministers did their utmost to avoid a face-to-face encounter with the Democrats who were out selling our newspaper The New Democrat.

At one point, however, Minister for MCYS Dr Vivian Balakrishnan came in front of Dr Chee Soon Juan and the two men exchanged pleasantries. Dr Balakrishnan then asked if the SDP was going to contest in the GRC.

"It looks like it," Dr Chee replied. "I think there are some issues that the voters here would be concerned about, don't you think?"

The PAP man did know what Dr Chee was referring to.

"I'm talking about the YOG and how you mishandled it so badly," Dr Chee clarified.

"We'll talk about it at the appropriate time," Dr Balakrishnan evaded.

"I'm sure we will," Dr Chee assured before resuming his rounds.

Also present were SPH reporters who were, of course, on hand to report on the ministers' rounds. Several asked if the SDP was going to contest Holland-Bukit Timah.

They also repeatedly asked if we knew that the ministers were visitng the area this morning. It may come as a surprise, but the SDP has its own programme which doesn't quite revolve around where the ministers go. The Singapore Democrats have been visiting the various areas in the Holland-Bukit Timah and Bishan-Toa Payoh GRCs for the last couple of years in preparation for the coming general elections.

We continue to work hard on the ground to get our message across to the electorate. Singaporeans need a party in Parliament that is not afraid to ask the hard and necessary questions about policies that harm the people and this nation. These include the continuing escalation of the cost of living in Singapore and the immigration policy that encourages the displacement of Singaporean workers by foreigners.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all these years he has never learnt his lesson. No wonder the PAP is out to get his blood. He still does not know that he has to get the voters to vote for him and then he can take the fight to parliament. Nobody likes rude confrontation like this. You never see this in the 1st world. You only see this in Taiwan.

In western democracies, the cut and thrust in parliament is ruthless and deadly. It is the appropriate forum.

This guy still goes to the Chicken Rice stall and orders wanton mee. Then he wonders why the wanton mee taste differently. And he is also surrounded by idiots including a clown who went to a polytechnic in the UK and claims to be OMS.

Must get their school principal to settle this matter amicably. Discipline master to stand-by. Btw, principal happens to be MM's bro-in-law. The same person who coached LWL in GP.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
"he(Dr Chee) is also surrounded by idiots including a clown who went to a polytechnic in the UK and claims to be OMS. "

Yes,I agree!

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where's Chee's loudhailer. He should be shouting to Vivian: "Where's our $300m? Vivian, Come here! Where's our $300m!!!"

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"I'm talking about the YOG and how you mishandled it so badly," Dr Chee clarified.
We'll talk about it at the appropriate time," Dr Balakrishnan evaded.

Well done, Dr Chee!!! Please keep up the good work of keeping the PAP in check. Their days are numbered. The voters will support you and thank you for your effort. You are the voice for the people.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
His wife is a Taiwanese and I suppose that is where he learns his political engagement skills.

After all these years he has never learnt his lesson. No wonder the PAP is out to get his blood. He still does not know that he has to get the voters to vote for him and then he can take the fight to parliament. Nobody likes rude confrontation like this. You never see this in the 1st world. You only see this in Taiwan.

In western democracies, the cut and thrust in parliament is ruthless and deadly. It is the appropriate forum.

This guy still goes to the Chicken Rice stall and orders wanton mee. Then he wonders why the wanton mee taste differently. And he is also surrounded by idiots including a clown who went to a polytechnic in the UK and claims to be OMS.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
What check?

He is just a spectator wanting to get into the game but kept on doing things wrong. What is the point of creating ruckus in public? He should be asking these questions in Parliament (if he can get in).

Well done, Dr Chee!!! Please keep up the good work of keeping the PAP in check. Their days are numbered. The voters will support you and thank you for your effort. You are the voice for the people.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What check?

He is just a spectator wanting to get into the game but kept on doing things wrong. What is the point of creating ruckus in public? He should be asking these questions in Parliament (if he can get in).

Hey sinkie.. Beside licking your masters ball daily, what else do you know? And i remember you are the one who create post that tell sinkies to follow what ever PAP commands. WAHAHHAH!!!

I just love the way Dr Chee do things. To you he is a huge threat, to me and others, he is an idol of real democracy. Your master plan to jail him while you guys start your election so he will be left out.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
His wife is a Taiwanese and I suppose that is where he learns his political engagement skills.
DPP played the game when Lee KY was a pupil of late General Chiang.

DPP has changed strategy under LSE graduate Ms Tsai Ing-wen,the old leaders with the old mindset are all being pharsed OUT!

I do not think Dr Chee is that stupid,but the point about him being hijacked by his supporters is very true.

Compared to LKY,LKY hijacked all including the pro-communist faction!

That was how he came up with many brilliant supporters,such as Dr Goh KS and Toh CC,Dr Chee & Kenneth really need that.

We shall see how it is being play out.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I got lost in the forest of words, Your point?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is SDP the Singapore's versio9n of Lord Ha Ha Party in UK? Always asking the dumbest question or brought up issues that no one really care about?

YOG, despite the overspending and underestimation of the situation, was a success in both organisation as well as display. Its the first time Singapore organise an event of such scale and by itself, its the first event of its kind by IOC. To demand instant success is itself not posible and I dont think anyone would realistically expect that, apart from those who did nothing but make noise.

I would like to see Chee and SDP use YOG as their election topic and watch how many people walk away during the rallies.

he seriously never learnt his lesson.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is SDP the Singapore's versio9n of Lord Ha Ha Party in UK? Always asking the dumbest question or brought up issues that no one really care about?

YOG, despite the overspending and underestimation of the situation, was a success in both organisation as well as display. Its the first time Singapore organise an event of such scale and by itself, its the first event of its kind by IOC. To demand instant success is itself not posible and I dont think anyone would realistically expect that, apart from those who did nothing but make noise.

I would like to see Chee and SDP use YOG as their election topic and watch how many people walk away during the rallies.

he seriously never learnt his lesson.
It is beri difficult to agree with you ref:SUCCESS OF YOG,Sir

But well,to each his own

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all these years he has never learnt his lesson. No wonder the PAP is out to get his blood. He still does not know that he has to get the voters to vote for him and then he can take the fight to parliament.

Just want to be clear about where you are coming from. How do you suggest he does this? By showing the voters what benefits he can bring to them?

Nobody likes rude confrontation like this. You never see this in the 1st world. You only see this in Taiwan.

The problem is the incumbent controls the gateways to Parliament.

Look at Aung San Suu Kyi, she won an election and what did they do? Or what happened to JBJ when he finally won a seat? Singapore isn't quite Burma, but I'm sure you see my point.

he has to get the voters to vote for him

If you ask me, the voters are the problem. They have their heads stuck too far up their arse.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Man

Obviously being rude and confrontfuckingtational does not win votes. If he does not like the voters, if the voters have it wrong then he should just fucking migrate and go taiwan where his antics would be better applauded and where he would be a hero and not a zero.

Its a different world today, avoid the PAP traps, get in, avoid lawsuits and grow ur base and party. Past PAP antics would cut no ice in the present

Locke

Last edited: