• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheap beer but surprisingly very nice to drink ....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the difference between heineken and calsberg ?
somehow i prefer heineken... calsberg bit strong ?

Carlsberg not that strong unless u drink special brew/gold.

Heineken have the taste of beer or malt. Still prefer Heineken among all the major beer.
My 1st choice Heineken, 2nd Carlsberg Gold, 3rd Carlsberg
Now Tiger/Cralsberg all try to cut cost by reduce the actual ingredient.
Skol not bad so do the Anchor.
Dont ever try Jazz/Beck all taste like water or more like Chang/Bintang beer very light.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I luv Heineken with some salt while watching soccer, some cashew nuts to go along! For steamboat session, I take the Chinese "Er Wou tou". Exceptionally good for chilly weather....slurp, slurp!!! Hahaha.....

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carlsberg not that strong unless u drink special brew/gold.

Heineken have the taste of beer or malt. Still prefer Heineken among all the major beer...

Thanks for the info.
Last year bought 2 dozens of calsberg for CNY...
This year will try Heneiken... :biggrin:

In US they always advertise LIGHT BUDS...
here dont have... duno how great it is... :confused:

oh ya.. Calsberg Gold not bad too... better alot than normal Calsberg.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can significantly improve the taste of Chang and Leo by making it into a "lite" beer.

Mix in 2 part Chang/Leo with 1 part soda water.

The result is a very drinkable Chang/Leo "lite".

Plus point is that it lower the cost per can significantly since soda water is only 60 cents a can.

Many madmen around here. Beer mix with soda? :confused:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Many madmen around here. Beer mix with soda? :confused:

I have never try that, only dilute with ice. What I do appreciate is lite beer, which is not available here, except Anchor and Raffles light (4.5%) and recently some China beer that is below 5% alcohol.

Generally lite beer is sweeter and nicer to the taste, they can range from alcohol content of 4.5, 3.5, 2,5 or even 1.5%. You drink for their taste.

At the other end is very strong beer, which I think the taste is yaks. But then those that drink it are for the alcohol effect.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want a good mix, try Irish whiskey, coffee with whiskey. Served hot, not cold, 1 part to 2 parts in 10 depending on your taste for alcohol. Don't go above that, for above that, you might as well just drink the whiskey straight.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never try that, only dilute with ice. What I do appreciate is lite beer, which is not available here, except Anchor and Raffles light (4.5%) and recently some China beer that is below 5% alcohol.

Generally lite beer is sweeter and nicer to the taste, they can range from alcohol content of 4.5, 3.5, 2,5 or even 1.5%. You drink for their taste.

At the other end is very strong beer, which I think the taste is yaks. But then those that drink it are for the alcohol effect.

San Miguel Lite and Tsing Tao lite are my 2 fav lite beers. Sadly not widely available here so no choice but to do experiment to get equivalent.

Soda is better that ice to soften strong beers like Chang and Leo as if you use ice, it tends to make the beer taste like it has gone flat.

The way I drink it is to chill the beers, mix them and drink without any ice. Preferably of course with a beer mug frosted in the freezer.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info.
Last year bought 2 dozens of calsberg for CNY...
This year will try Heneiken... :biggrin:

In US they always advertise LIGHT BUDS...
here dont have... duno how great it is... :confused:

oh ya.. Calsberg Gold not bad too... better alot than normal Calsberg.

Careful with Carlsberg Gold .... better don't drink too much .....:o

You can get violent after drinking too much at a go ...... serious ....:eek:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think homebrewing beer is worth the while. Might as well brew rice wine. I've seen before as a kid at my grandma's neighbour's home, when I stayed at my grandma's home during school holidays. Roughly, it's about fermenting glutinous rice cakes. Not much equipment required except regular kitchen utensils and sealable jars. Sometimes she gave friendly gift jars to my grandma, for my grandpa to enjoy after coming home from work. As a naughty kid, I sometimes asked my grandpa for a sip or two. He'd allow as long as my grandma wasn't looking. Then I went knocked out sleeping like a baby. :biggrin:

Now you make me feel like checking out those old secondary school chemistry shops to set up my own still. If you ferment the rice cakes and then distill it using those secondary school chemistry techniques, maybe the result will be some nice home made sake.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This beer is the best.

BundabergRootbeer.jpg