• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can PAP live up to its 70% Victory!!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
12000851_958094310895761_1413217122850844698_o.jpg

It’s time for the Mid-Autumn Festival – a time of reunion. Weather permitting, I hope that families can bring their little ones out to enjoy the full moon.

In Singapore, we celebrate our festivals in multi-cultural ways. Two weeks ago in Tampines, we had all races coming together, to make and enjoy mooncakes as well as delicacies of our various cultures. Uniquely Singapore!

BE GRATEFUL THAT WE SINGAPOREANS HAVE A VERY ENLIGHTENED PAP GOVERNMENT!!! PAP MESTI BOLEH LAH!!!!!!!!!!MAJULAH PAP!!! MAJULAH SINGAPURA!!!!!!!!!

11249163_979678292094877_473907313532641100_o.jpg

A VERY HAPPY PM SURROUNDED BY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL SINGAPOREANS AT THE BISHAN PARK MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL CELEBRATION !!! MAJULAH SINGAPURA!!!!!!!!

A PEOPLES' PM ...SO SIMPLE, SO HUMBLE AND SO DOWN TO EARTH!!! MAJULAH PM LHL !!!!!!!

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Two weeks after his ruling party’s victory at the polls, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (Sep 28) named his new Cabinet in what he called a “bold move” to get a team ready to take over soon after the next General Election.

“It is a transition team, so it is bigger than usual. More ministries will see a change of ministers,” said Mr Lee of the slate of 37 office holders, up from the previous 33. Of these, 20 are full or acting Ministers.

“We don’t have time to lose,” said Mr Lee, adding that he would “aggressively prepare a new team to take Singapore forward”.

“To that end, I have given heavy responsibilities to the next generation of leaders. They will be stretched and tested, they must learn to work together and gel as a team.”

“It is a bold move. I am pushing the timetable. I have a deadline to meet. I want to have a team ready to take over soon after the next election,” the Prime Minister added.

He noted it was “most likely” that his own successor was within this Cabinet. He also made note of the fact that half of the office holders are aged 50 and below; while half of the Cabinet team are under 55 years of age.

cabinet-pt1-data.jpg

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
23731708.jpg

SINGAPORE — On a two-day working visit to Indonesia that began today (Sept 28), Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen discussed the haze situation in Indonesia with his Indonesian counterpart and reiterated that the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) was ready to support Indonesia’s haze mitigation efforts, if and when activated.

During his meeting with Indonesian Defence Minister General (Rtd) Ryamizard Ryacudu, the two ministers also reaffirmed the close and long standing bilateral defence relations between Indonesia and Singapore and discussed ways to enhance bilateral defence cooperation.

The details of the meeting were released in a statement by the Ministry of Defence today.

Singapore and Indonesia engage in regular professional exchanges and long standing bilateral exercises such as Exercise Elang Indopura, Exercise Safkar Indopura and Exercise Eagle Indopura.

As part of the visit, Dr Ng today called on Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs General (Rtd) Luhut Pandjaitan. He also inspected a Guard of Honour with Gen Ryacudu

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
12038999_10153173026077934_7151547262847530052_o.jpg

RECAP: Ministers of State Maliki Osman, Sim Ann and Desmond Lee will be promoted to Senior Ministers of State. bit.Iy/1VieYk4

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulations to minister grace fu !!!

12002790_877402065669203_2707275206229398265_n.jpg

CULTURE, COMMUNITY AND YOUTH
Ms Grace Fu - Minister
Ms Sim Ann - Senior Minister of State
Mr Baey Yam Keng - Parliamentary Secretary

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
12019980_908217769252519_7173242491117301613_n.jpg

superlady!!! mrs Josephine teo!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM Lee Hsien Loong has announced his Cabinet line-up; he has expanded my portfolio from two ministries (Finance and Transport) to three (Transport, Foreign Affairs and PMO – National Population and Talent Division).

I’m energised by these assignments – let me briefly share why.

Minister Khaw Boon Wan has lost no time in getting his feet wet as Transport Minister. Joining him in MOT is Ng Chee Meng 黄志明 who will also be Acting Minister for Education. As it turns out, Chee Meng and I are both born in 1968, exactly one month apart (shy to say I’m very slightly older)! In the last few days, emails have been bouncing back and forth. And earlier today, over a simple meal, we met to discuss our priorities in the Ministry of Transport, Singapore team (see photo). Having been in MOT for 4+ years and learnt so much, I can say with conviction that our plans have the potential to bring much benefits to fellow Singaporeans. Minister Khaw will say more in due course, in his signature style.

I’m sad to leave Ministry of Finance (Singapore). What a thrilling journey it has been, working with some of the best minds in the public sector up and down the line, to bring programmes like the #PioneerGeneration Package to fruition! And the friendships made with so many members of the corporate community…. I hope we stay in touch.

But the move is necessary if I’m to have sufficient bandwidth to support Minister Vivian Balakrishnan in Foreign Affairs. In my past interactions with our Foreign Service team, I’ve been impressed by their professionalism and passion for holding our flag high, against odds that most of us cannot imagine. Successive generations of Ministers and diplomats have also raised the international profile of our little red-dot and expanded our economic space. At a time when global developments increasingly impact Singapore, there’s much to do to build on their good work and position ourselves for the future.

Last but certainly not least, NPTD. The work in NPTD has very long-term implications for #Singapore and requires a deep strategic orientation. It will shape the composition of our society, our people’s sense of identity and indeed, our future together as one united people. Tomorrow, I will meet with DPM Teo Chee Hean to similarly discuss our priorities.

I’m proud to be part of a team that cares deeply about Singapore and fellow Singaporeans. Our assignments may change from time to time, but that does not change our commitment to serve, and to make Singapore the best home for all of us.

- Jo Teo

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Photo-of-Ng-Chee-Meng-from-The-Straits-Times.jpg

congratulations!!!

Former Air Force General and first term PAP MP Ng Chee Meng is our new Senior Minister of State in Transport.

major-general-ng-chee-data.jpg

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
23730479.jpg

SINGAPORE — Taking over the hottest seat in town and what some analysts had described as a poisoned chalice, Transport Minister-designate Khaw Boon Wan today (Sept 28) was quick to make clear that he did not volunteer to take on the role this time — in contrast to how he had put himself forward for the national development portfolio in the aftermath of the 2011 General Election.

“I think you volunteer once, that’s enough. One should not keep on volunteering you know, people will misunderstand (and question) ‘what are you trying to prove?’” said Mr Khaw, who has been credited with turning the housing situation around during his four-year tenure as National Development Minister.

If my term turns out to be a thankless job, the loss is personal. But if we succeed collectively in transforming the city, the benefits will go to millions of Singaporeans. In such a cost-benefit equation, I will be selfish to say ‘no’ to PM. I just hope that my heart, my own body train, can withstand the stress and do not breakdown.

From October, Mr Khaw will become the fourth minister to helm the transport ministry since 2006.

Today, he said that his first order of business is to improve rail reliability and encourage a “car-light lifestyle”. A major objective is to “further raise the quality of life for Singaporeans — make it easier for them to move about on feet, bicycle, bus, train and occasionally some driverless cars”, he said. “We are not there yet, so the question is how to move from here to that destination.”

Adding that he will be sharing some of his ideas in the coming weeks or months, he noted that the public has to be realistic about the MRT system. Even for Hong Kong, which has been touted as having the best rail operator, there were 12 major disruptions last year, he said.

Since his time as Health Minister, Mr Khaw has been blogging about his work. Writing in his first blog post as transport minister, Mr Khaw said that he was advised by “many friends” against taking on the new portfolio. But he agreed to Mr Lee’s request because of his “strong beliefs” in raising Singaporeans’ quality of life further, and making the MRT lines more reliable. He added: “I believe that a united Team Singapore can tackle any problem, daunting as it may seem. That was how we tackled SARS, and the 2011 housing crisis. That is what I will bring to the table.”

Seeking “understanding and patience” from the public, Mr Khaw said: “In housing you gave me four years. I hope that I will have some ‘honeymoon’ period too, as I dive into the details, know the people, learn from them, and especially those many unsung heroes, toiling away at night, over weekends, and behind the scene. You can be sure that I will be in the trenches with you.”

Mr Khaw will also be Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure — a role where he would need to “tie together closely the different aspects of urban planning and infrastructure provision — housing, commercial and industrial development, road and rail networks, even our IT infrastructure”, in Mr Lee’s words.

Analysts felt Mr Khaw’s success as National Development Minister possibly played a part in his new appointments, which they noted would enable him to ensure better coordination between traffic and land use planning.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
23733162.jpg

SINGAPORE — On Thursday (Oct 1), a piece of history will be written when Ms Grace Fu is sworn in as Singapore’s first female full minister to helm a ministry.

Ms Fu, 51, who was appointed Minister in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in 2012, will take over the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) from Mr Lawrence Wong, who will move to the National Development Ministry.

Ms Fu said she was humbled by the Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s confidence in her. On her priorities at MCCY, Ms Fu said that she would engage the various stakeholders “to build an even more engaged and committed community in Singapore”.

Ms Fu also notched another first: It was announced that she has been appointed by the Prime Minister as the Leader of the House, making her the first woman to hold that role in Singapore’s history. With Mr Lee intending to nominate Madam Halimah Yacob again as Speaker of Parliament when Parliament convenes again in January, the two most senior positions in the House will be occupied by women.

Ms Fu takes over from Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen as Leader of the House, who is responsible for the arrangement of government business and the legislative programme of Parliament. The Leader also proposes appropriate actions to be taken on any procedural matters arising in Parliament, and moves procedural motions relating to the business of the House during sittings, such as to extend the times of sittings beyond the usual time as set out in the Standing Orders.

During her stint in PMO, Ms Fu was also Second Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, as well as for Foreign Affairs.

Before her, Mrs Lim Hwee Hua was a Minister in PMO and also Second Minister for Finance and Transport. In 1991, Dr Seet Ai Mee rose to become Acting Minister for Community Development, but she lost her Parliamentary seat shortly after in a General Election held the same year.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
12039300_848712098540301_1868470521022729305_n.jpg

12036844_848712141873630_607807053179231968_n.jpg

Thank You Minister Teo for your kind concern and welfare for the residents!!! Majulah PAP!!!

Where are all the OPPO Dogs??? All run away, all fall down, all nursing their wounds, all neglecting their supporters...all habiskan.,