• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Bro Swee Keat Wants Parliament To Impeach WP Oppies For Being Dishonest Bastards!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's if there is only ONE genuine oppo candidate in each constituency which is highly unlikely in most constituencies.

The other thing you have to factor in is that if no party wins an outright majority in Parliament then the gerrymandering will commence to form a coalition government and the PAP has far more in its arsenal to twist the arms of the opposition parties.
refer to your post #317. Now you are backtracking and talking abt coalition.

My post #318 was to refute your silly post #317 abt a clean sweep with 40% of the votes

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
refer to your post #317. Now you are backtracking and talking abt coalition.

My post #318 was to refute your silly post #317 abt a clean sweep with 40% of the votes

I'll repeat what I said.

In a first past the post system the PAP can make a clean sweep of all seats even with just 40% of the vote or perhaps even less unless the oppies agree not to split the vote.

Even if the oppies come up with an agreement the PAP can still put a spanner in the works like they did in the previous PE where Tan Cheng Bok would have won had the PAP not fielded their stooge in the form of Tan Kim Lian.

I was not making a prediction. I was merely stating what can happen in a first past the post scenario.

The 2011 presidential election was a perfect example of what can happen in many constituencies Tony Tan got only 35% of the vote but he won the PE.

With a fair system there would be a run off until one candidate has an absolute majority and I can guarantee you it would not have been Tony Tan

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll repeat what I said.

In a first past the post system the PAP can make a clean sweep of all seats even with just 40% of the vote or perhaps even less unless the oppies agree not to split the vote.

Even if the oppies come up with an agreement the PAP can still put a spanner in the works like they did in the previous PE where Tan Cheng Bok would have won had the PAP not fielded their stooge in the form of Tan Kim Lian.

I was not making a prediction. I was merely stating what can happen in a first past the post scenario.

The 2011 presidential election was a perfect example of what can happen in many constituencies Tony Tan got only 35% of the vote but he won the PE.

With a fair system there would be a run off until one candidate has an absolute majority and I can guarantee you it would not have been Tony Tan
It is like you stating "the sun can rise from the west tomorrow". No one will stop you making such a statement. It just shows how silly you are

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

tan Jee say was the stooge lah, not TKL. U notice TJS no squeak from him anymore after the he did his job to sabo TCB for that PE.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is like you stating "the sun can rise from the west tomorrow". No one will stop you making such a statement. It just shows how silly you are

I would have thought you'd learn to be a bit more humble after you made such a fool of yourself predicing the last GE result.

Some people never learn and that is why the PAP will remain victorious for decades to come.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
tan Jee say was the stooge lah, not TKL. U notice TJS no squeak from him anymore after the he did his job to sabo TCB for that PE.

Would be good if true but you are wrong on this count. He founded singaporean first party to hammer more nails into the opposition coffin.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Would be good if true but you are wrong on this count. He founded singaporean first party to hammer more nails into the opposition coffin.

He founded sinkie first party to split more oppo votes and fragment the oppo further. For sure he is a PAP stooge

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TJS is one confused soul. Wants to be MP, wants to be President, wants to lead a political party - when even the larger parties face challenges in mustering basic support infrastructure. Alas, EGO at stake.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
TJS is one confused soul. Wants to be MP, wants to be President, wants to lead a political party - when even the larger parties face challenges in mustering basic support infrastructure. Alas, EGO at stake.

There is no ego. He is on the PAP payroll and does what he is ordered. He was the Principal Private secretary to Wooden. Do you know how much he was vetted and what clearances he had to go to, to enter the inner sanctum of the PMO? If his dog was a PAP hater, he would not have had that post. He is privy on an intimate level to all the shits that go on in the PAP cabinet, he knows which MP and Minister is who fucking who, which Minister's wife got what business, what MPs and Minister owns what company and properties, etc. You don't even see him open his fucking mouth to expose anything at all.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to look a this thing statistically. Statistically, 30% have always voted against the PAP. Some elections, it rises to 40%. But they never win because the rest vote for the PAP. That means that if you look around you. Whether in your office among colleagues, whether in uni among fellow students, whether in a factory among workers, you will see that statistically 7 out of 10 people will vote for the PAP. If you are one of the 30%, make it your mission to convince just one person who is a PAP supporter to go over to the oppo side. It does not matter which oppo party they vote, as long as their vote gets changed from the PAP to an oppo party. If everyone of the 30% convinces just one other voter NOT to vote PAP anymore, then they will have double the count to 60% votes and the PAP will have the other 40%.

Is this enough to win the election for the oppo. Probably not, not even with 60% of the vote. The reason is that the oppo is fragmented, and all the oppo votes will not go to one oppo party. However, when the PAP sees they have less then 50% of the popular vote, I guarantee you 100% that they will shit in their pants. Plus they would have lost high paying MP seats to other parties and it will hurt them financially and in their ability to place balls licking cronies into the PArliament. This is enough to force them to make changes. They cannot afford not to accommodote the population request for less FTs, lower cost of housing, health care, etc. It could force them to release CPF earlier or it could force them to reduce NS length, etc. We don't know what will happen, but something will happen for sure.

I agree.
Please convey this to all the loyal and patriotic Singaporeans.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is finding that it is harder to govern SG now as compared to LKY's era.

The usual distract, divert, confuse tactics are getting less effective. So be in for a surprise

In addition, nowadays, there is internet and multi media, which prevents the PAP from relying on controlling the printed press.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no ego. He is on the PAP payroll and does what he is ordered. He was the Principal Private secretary to Wooden. Do you know how much he was vetted and what clearances he had to go to, to enter the inner sanctum of the PMO? If his dog was a PAP hater, he would not have had that post. He is privy on an intimate level to all the shits that go on in the PAP cabinet, he knows which MP and Minister is who fucking who, which Minister's wife got what business, what MPs and Minister owns what company and properties, etc. You don't even see him open his fucking mouth to expose anything at all.

TJS appears to be a vote spoiler

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
what an inept and embarrassing performance by HSK. He lacks depth, knowledge, charisma and leadership.

When we get real opposition into parliament like CJS, Paul Tambyah and TCB, HSK will shiver in his pants.
Heng Swee Keat speaks like a chao ah kua!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leedership renewal: from cancer to stroke. :cool:

IGHyCgp.jpg
i like your quotes "from cancer to stroke" haha!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll repeat what I said.

When the Elections Department reports to the PM, how can fair election occur?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
He must have signed a confidentiality agreement. Common amongst companies

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He must have signed a confidentiality agreement. Common amongst companies

Confidentiality agreement don't mean shit, and there is no such thing in the civil service/political office. Its all covered under OSA. He can claim OSA as the reason he is not spilling the beans. But OSA does not cover illegal acts. If he saw a Minister's wife's company receive a govt contract through some influence peddling, he has to blow the whistle. Its corruption and conflict of interest. I am sure he saw many such examples during his time in the PMO.

Last edited: