• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Bribery" Singapore Style

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL has spoken. 2010's economy has been good. Civil servants get good bonus and singaporeans can expect goodies in the Mar 2011 budget. To me, they are not goodies..they are "bribes" to make you feel good and cast a pap vote

Singaporeans will feel good...then comes elections..

After that, taxes, levies , hidden charges will go up...

Sinagporeans will be worse off after the elections.

Singaporeans...please wake up and dont be conned by the budget "bribes". If singaporeans are not wise, they will end up paying heavily for the next five years.

Be wise, when the pap offers you budget "bribes" in Mar 2011. Every singaporean has to think how he or she shd react to the "bribes" and dont end up as losers.

Anyone here has any good suggestions on how Singaporeans shd wisely respond and react to the Mar 2011 budget "bribes"?

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP ..left hand give money. Right hand collect money

Citizen ..Left hand take money. right hand vote oposition

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP : gives speeches... talk talk talk... campaign campaign campaign...
CITIZEN, Front door : Clap ! Clap ! Clap ! Clap !
CITIZEN, Back door : Vote PAP OUT !

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL has spoken. 2010's economy has been good. Civil servants get good bonus and singaporeans can expect goodies in the Mar 2011 budget. To me, they are not goodies..they are "bribes" to make you feel good and cast a pap vote

Singaporeans will feel good...then comes elections..

After that, taxes, levies , hidden charges will go up...

Sinagporeans will be worse off after the elections.

Singaporeans...please wake up and dont be conned by the budget "bribes". If singaporeans are not wise, they will end up paying heavily for the next five years.

Be wise, when the pap offers you budget "bribes" in Mar 2011. Every singaporean has to think how he or she shd react to the "bribes" and dont end up as losers.

Anyone here has any good suggestions on how Singaporeans shd wisely respond and react to the Mar 2011 budget "bribes"?

[COLOR="_______"]Economy good? I thought Shit Times just wrote that Tiger babies were down this year because of bad economy, and than there were other news that mentioned Singapore manufacturing output was down in this Quarter. Like I said, whatever LHL or PAP screamed about goodies years ahead, please take it with huge tonnes of salt. Don't forget we were betrayed about Swiss standard of livings and golden years period and the so-called GST to help the "poor" but make everyone poorer in the end. [/COLOR]

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]Economy good? I thought Shit Times just wrote that Tiger babies were down this year because of bad economy, and than there were other news that mentioned Singapore manufacturing output was down in this Quarter. Like I said, whatever LHL or PAP screamed about goodies years ahead, please take it with huge tonnes of salt. Don't forget we were betrayed about Swiss standard of livings and golden years period and the so-called GST to help the "poor" but make everyone poorer in the end. [/COLOR]

didnt lhl claim that economy is good?

BTW, it is interesting for us too speculate what are the "briber\s" the pap will give to singaporeans.

I think they are:

1. Medisave top-up
2. HDB conservancy rebates
3. CPF top-up for the elderly
4 Road tax rebates
5. Cash to adult singaporeans
6. Income tax reduction
7. Edusave top-up

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL has spoken.... Anyone here has any good suggestions on how Singaporeans shd wisely respond and react to the Mar 2011 budget "bribes"?

Yes, vote for more good years. Who can promise you more good years? CSJ? CST? Ravi? J. Gomez? V. Wijeysingha son of former RI principal?

Even though there are some S'poreans who are not much "bribed" because they belong to high income group, the majority of Sporeans have benefitted from all these "goodies" which the gahment shared with the people. The timing - every time the economy is better than expected.

After the last election, many good things have happened : beautiful IRs, Ferris Wheel, HDB flats value gone up, more foreigners interested to buy our flats, more MRT lines, more CPF - so many more to come including beautiful garden by the Bay.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
didnt lhl claim that economy is good?

BTW, it is interesting for us too speculate what are the "briber\s" the pap will give to singaporeans.

I think they are:

1. Medisave top-up
2. HDB conservancy rebates
3. CPF top-up for the elderly
4 Road tax rebates
5. Cash to adult singaporeans
6. Income tax reduction
7. Edusave top-up

Have you forgotten the abalone porridge which mysteriously only comes during GE? Maybe every other day you cannot buy abalone, eh? See, even abalone very smart. They link up with PAP! And PAP ties up with abalone.

They can give you many, many things. But, don't forget this - what you receive will have to be returned with ah long interest rates of at least 20% monthly, not including processing fee, potential late payment fee, transport fee etc.

It happened in the past and bet all your fortune, HDB flats and even your precious life that whatever you receive WILL NOT be sufficient in future increases over many other essential areas. Bet on this!

The strategy is to take what is righfully yours. Then, vote them out.

They make a big issue of HDB upgrading - lift on all floors, covered walkway, handicap access, playground, carpark etc. For God's sake, shouldn't all these be done when the flats were built?

You mean when the flats were under construction, no handicap person existed? No kids in HDB so no playground? No rain or sunshine so no need to have covered walkways? I opine upgrading takes place because of bad planning, period.

By the way, whatever money subsidised for upgrading comes from you people. It did not fall from the skies and bet your life it did not and will not be from the pockets of the MIW. And they had the cheek to offer upgrading as a carrot to win votes in Hougang and PP. Can they get lower and more disgraceful?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, vote for more good years. Who can promise you more good years? CSJ? CST? Ravi? J. Gomez? V. Wijeysingha son of former RI principal?

Even though there are some S'poreans who are not much "bribed" because they belong to high income group, the majority of Sporeans have benefitted from all these "goodies" which the gahment shared with the people. The timing - every time the economy is better than expected.

After the last election, many good things have happened : beautiful IRs, Ferris Wheel, HDB flats value gone up, more foreigners interested to buy our flats, more MRT lines, more CPF - so many more to come including beautiful garden by the Bay.

I guess you belong to the "elites" and are among the few Singaporeans who benefited from PAP's elitist governance. I am happy for you. But I urge you not to be like the pap and, in your blissfulness, ignore the poor and sick.

I hope you can share your blessed and give a helping hand to them.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you forgotten the abalone porridge which mysteriously only comes during GE? Maybe every other day you cannot buy abalone, eh? See, even abalone very smart. They link up with PAP! And PAP ties up with abalone.

/QUOTE]

I remember the abalone porridge. and i also learn from the residents. accept the poridge..thank the pap for their generiosity.. but vote for the opposition...hahahaha

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They can give you many, many things. But, don't forget this - what you receive will have to be returned with ah long interest rates of at least 20% monthly, not including processing fee, potential late payment fee, transport fee etc.

Thank you for the reminder. All singaporeans must remember that the pap will take back over the next five years many times what they give before the election.

we must wise up and act appropriately to the "bribes"

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They make a big issue of HDB upgrading - lift on all floors, covered walkway, handicap access, playground, carpark etc. For God's sake, shouldn't all these be done when the flats were built?

good point..so they are actually patching up their past errors and make a virtue out of necessity and claimed that they r doing the residents a favour?

Actually they are just righting a wrong that they made in the past

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean when the flats were under construction, no handicap person existed? No kids in HDB so no playground? No rain or sunshine so no need to have covered walkways? I opine upgrading takes place because of bad planning, period.

Surely..there were the aged , the sick and the children.

Yes, it was HDB's bad planning

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, whatever money subsidised for upgrading comes from you people. It did not fall from the skies and bet your life it did not and will not be from the pockets of the MIW. And they had the cheek to offer upgrading as a carrot to win votes in Hougang and PP. Can they get lower and more disgraceful?

You have a very good point. the money comes from singaporeans. So all constituencie, regardless of whether it's opposition held, are entitled to the upgrading money.

PP and HG shd be upgraded .

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one will complain for getting too much goodies... I see Sinkies getting another round of Growth Bonus! $$$

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for the reminder. All singaporeans must remember that the pap will take back over the next five years many times what they give before the election

I think our math understanding is different. You say over the next 5 years. I say within 18 months, all will be returned.