• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breafdownn of NE MRT

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 4.50pm at Farrer Station I notice that the train heading towards ponggol broke down. All the passengers had to disembark, but with the train blocking the track, how are other trains going to get through :confused:

This is the newest trains in the fleet with the least usage. If they can't even do proper maintenance, what hope is there for the circle line?

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The broken down train will be push or pull by another healthy train to the centre siding and both bound good to go.

Fyi, NEL in not really new and circle line is operating by SMRT not SBST

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah how long has the system been up n running. U think everyday can be so smooth sailing ah? Even people walkinf on the road can trip n fall u think machines cannot once in a while spoil issit?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually MRT broke down can be prevent with good maintenance. Each Train have 6 cart( mean have 6 drive/motor). Even if one breakdown the other 5 still can move but with slower speed/torque.
Cannot be all 6 drive/motor breakdown together right.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually MRT broke down can be prevent with good maintenance. Each Train have 6 cart( mean have 6 drive/motor). Even if one breakdown the other 5 still can move but with slower speed/torque.
Cannot be all 6 drive/motor breakdown together right.

Only one motor each fitted on the leading and trailing train.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
_44388522_pert_piglorry.jpg

MRT are transport for the slaves

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah how long has the system been up n running. U think everyday can be so smooth sailing ah? Even people walkinf on the road can trip n fall u think machines cannot once in a while spoil issit?

Obviously they make lots of profit, so efficiency is not their priority:smile:

I know someone who used to work for SMRT & she would tell me stories about how her group sourced 3rd party parts & supplies for use to service the trains. SMRT could have gotten the "original" supplies from the train manufacturer but they choose to try to save money by going 3rd/4th party lah.

I can compare Torontos with Spore as I have some experience with the Toronto system because I lived there for a while. Spores trains run shorter hours than train in Toronto. Toronto has had their MRT system longer since the 1960's & they run from 6am until 1.30am while in Spore the last train is in 11pm something. No complaints with service in Toronto.

The NE line is less than 10 years & thats considered very young. If they are experiencing breakdowns it is probably due to bad management/maintenance. I take public transport & I've ridden in buses with faulty aircons. Those buses should have been taken out of service but its obviously the Spore way to have faulty buses on the road :rolleyes:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toronto is a very rich and the most luxurious city in Canada. How did you get ousted from such a city of richness and promise?

I know someone who used to work for SMRT & she would tell me stories about how her group sourced 3rd party parts & supplies for use to service the trains. SMRT could have gotten the "original" supplies from the train manufacturer but they choose to try to save money by going 3rd/4th party lah.

I can compare Torontos with Spore as I have some experience with the Toronto system because I lived there for a while. Spores trains run shorter hours than train in Toronto. Toronto has had their MRT system longer since the 1960's & they run from 6am until 1.30am while in Spore the last train is in 11pm something. No complaints with service in Toronto.

The NE line is less than 10 years & thats considered very young. If they are experiencing breakdowns it is probably due to bad management/maintenance. I take public transport & I've ridden in buses with faulty aircons. Those buses should have been taken out of service but its obviously the Spore way to have faulty buses on the road :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toronto is a very rich and the most luxurious city in Canada. How did you get ousted from such a city of richness and promise?

Went to a better place, Alberta :smile:
Went to Edmonton, a really cool place.

Alberta is a nicer place, less crowded, cheaper, friendly place. Unfortunately I made the wrong choice to return to Spore :rolleyes:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to a better place, Alberta :smile:
Went to Edmonton, a really cool place.

Alberta is a nicer place, less crowded, cheaper, friendly place. Unfortunately I made the wrong choice to return to Spore :rolleyes:

Ah. Cool not as in the weather right haha. Why did you head back if you were to regret it so much later? Family? Friends? The Rara show? Or that legendary plate of char kway teow?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah. Cool not as in the weather right haha. Why did you head back if you were to regret it so much later? Family? Friends? The Rara show? Or that legendary plate of char kway teow?

Didn't return to Spore for years & years, didn't realise the Spore reality. Funny thing was what many people asked me, why I returned to Spore :biggrin:

Didn't understand back then but I do now :(

I got a decent job & became "complacent" & didn't go back to Alberta. A common mistake that many returning Sporeans make. A friend who also returned also got trapped by a good job :(

You really realise how much better the escapees are when you see them again, holidaying in Spore. They are much happier & in better health. I might be better dollar wise but they are better off in health & the quality of life they have.

Its getting worse in Spore & I'm working on an exit strategy. :smile:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
_44388522_pert_piglorry.jpg

MRT are transport for the slaves

Wow, then there r slaves in new york, in london, in tokyo, in moscow, hell we have slaves all over the world.

Get ur head out of the well. the world is big and singapore is part of this world, not of the world itself.

by saying such things, your sight is indeed short.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, then there r slaves in new york, in london, in tokyo, in moscow, hell we have slaves all over the world.

Get ur head out of the well. the world is big and singapore is part of this world, not of the world itself.

by saying such things, your sight is indeed short.

No doubt !

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reguarding about the spare parts I do agree with you. They try to cut cost but end up sometimes these parts are very fuck up 1 u know. U got rubber gaskets from original supplier that can tahan 3 yrs and no problem then order from cheaper supplier end up less than 6 months give way.
As for comparing Toronto to Singapore you have to look at a bigger picture and compare how big Toronto system is to Singapore's. Are you aware that thou Toronto system run longer hours once in awhile they shut down the older lines for a few weeks to do major overhaul? Now you try that in SG shut down the orchard strech for just 1 week for major overhaul. I tell you singaporeans will be so crazy mad I won't be surprise they will charge up Oxley rd and rape LHL :biggrin: Hence the alternative is to do it bit by bit.
Let my give you a breakdown how the night crew works. 0130hrs last train enters the the deport for the night and system begins to shut down. Workers rush to site to set up machines and start working at 0200 ends work at around 0430 and rush to get out of the system as system going to be powered up for the 1st pax svc train. So u tell me with 2.5 hrs what kind of work u can do?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let my give you a breakdown how the night crew works. 0130hrs last train enters the the deport for the night and system begins to shut down. Workers rush to site to set up machines and start working at 0200 ends work at around 0430 and rush to get out of the system as system going to be powered up for the 1st pax svc train. So u tell me with 2.5 hrs what kind of work u can do?

They could of course have more service crews but that would be probably mean less profits for the elites. Not likely, the sardines are on their own :rolleyes:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They could of course have more service crews but that would be probably mean less profits for the elites. Not likely, the sardines are on their own :rolleyes:

That does not solve the problem again let me give u an example. It takes 2 men to screw a light bulb. 1 to hold the ladder the other to screw in the bulb right? So if I put in 10 men to do that same job will it go faster? No as 2 will do the job and the rest will just stand and stare.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That does not solve the problem again let me give u an example. It takes 2 men to screw a light bulb. 1 to hold the ladder the other to screw in the bulb right? So if I put in 10 men to do that same job will it go faster? No as 2 will do the job and the rest will just stand and stare.

I understand your arguement about diminishing returns of scale of having too many workers, but we are talking about a GLC :biggrin: GLCs are notorious for having top heavy organisations. :rolleyes:

If they had more svc people they could distribute the workload across the whole MRT network. There must be lots of bulbs that need replacing across the network.

The more often they can carry basic maintenance across the network, the less likely the problems would develop into a severe one requiring down time

With the opening of the circle line, theres going to be an even larger network to maintain. I strongly suspect the management do not have sufficient service personnel doing the real work, let alone experienced personnel.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand your arguement about diminishing returns of scale of having too many workers, but we are talking about a GLC :biggrin: GLCs are notorious for having top heavy organisations. :rolleyes:

If they had more svc people they could distribute the workload across the whole MRT network. There must be lots of bulbs that need replacing across the network.

The more often they can carry basic maintenance across the network, the less likely the problems would develop into a severe one requiring down time

With the opening of the circle line, theres going to be an even larger network to maintain. I strongly suspect the management do not have sufficient service personnel doing the real work, let alone experienced personnel.

Well I for 1 know that in reguards to manpower in some dept there is really a need for more but in some departments the lack of tools and machines are more dire. If top management were to do their job and be more disaplined with themselves and their subs they can really get alot of work done.
What makes me sick is some of these so called high up people are really taking this company as their father's company. I have come across sr officers lining up at a toto booth during working hours, at the sgx doing their personal buying and selling of shares during the bull run, the best is 1 even do part time coaching of tennis during his working hours and another tells his staff that he is going home to sleep and call him if there is something important.