• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Paid Govt in World, But 'Too Busy' to Handle Case

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 29 Apr 2012
Car dented in hit-and-run, but authorities say they are too busy to help

car_dented_in_hit_and_run_but_investigator_has_too-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Edwin is upset that none of the authorities he contacted to help in his hit and run case appear able to help, as they have 'many cases to handle'.

The STOMPer wrote:

"I parked my car at Anchorpoint Shopping Centre at Alexandra on Friday (Apr 27) at around 7pm.

"I went for dinner and then shopped around, returning to my car at around 9.10pm.

"I discovered that the front bonnet and the top part of the grille area were crashed into by another vehicle, causing two big dents and many deep gashes that peeled away the paint.

"Sad to say the driver who crashed into my car was nowhere in sight. From the location of the damage caused, I can conclude it was caused by a lorry.

"I wanted to view the CCTV footage, hoping to get the vehicle plate numbers of lorries, but it became a nightmare as the shopping centre security pushed the responsibility to carpark security, who pushed it to carpark management, who in turn pushed it to the Police.

"It was subsequently pushed again to the Traffic Police. But I was told by their call centre operator that their 'investigation' process is slow and will take some time. I was also told that there was no point in speaking to the officer now as he also has many other cases handle, and many procedures to follow.

"The reason why I want to speak to the officer is to share information with him or her, including the fact that there was a high possibility that the vehicle involved is a lorry.

"As a tax payer I am disappointed to receive this kind of of service. At the end of the day the pushing around of responsibility from all the parties involved was even worse than my car getting damaged."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: hit and run
<!--<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
LOL
3%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Cute
1%

Shiok
6%

Fail
6%

OMG
1%

Bochup
18%

Ewww!
1%

So Sad
11%

Enraged
53%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's such a minor issue. I can't understand what all the fuss is about. No injuries, no deaths, no missing body parts.

If a little dent on a fancy car is the biggest problem he faces in life, I must say he's a very luck man.

In some countries, people are worried where the next meal is coming from.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
of course there is no comparison....but this guy still has a right to feel aggreived. If what he says is true, the runaround and stonewalling caused as

much annoyance as the damage.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
of course there is no comparison....but this guy still has a right to feel aggreived.

If value system in Singapore wasn't so distorted, it would have been a non-issue. My car is covered in dents and scratches. Some were caused by me. Most were caused by someone else.

Does the sight of a new dent every few months upset me?... not at all. It goes with the territory. Unless you keep your car locked in a garage, it's going to get dented.

Sinkies should stop worrying about their material possessions and concentrate on what really matters ie family, friends and achieving financial independence.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
very true what you say...but this car could have been Edwin's 'baby '. His values could very well be different ..each person is different. Also he could be more
annoyed with the follow up than with the incident.

If value system in Singapore wasn't so distorted, it would have been a non-issue. My car is covered in dents and scratches. Some were caused by me. Most were caused by someone else.

Does the sight of a new dent every few months upset me?... not at all. It goes with the territory. Unless you keep your car locked in a garage, it's going to get dented.

Sinkies should stop worrying about their material possessions and concentrate on what really matters ie family, friends and achieving financial independence.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
very true what you say...but this car could have been Edwin's 'baby '. His values could very well be different ..each person is different. Also he could be more
annoyed with the follow up than with the incident.

yes , sam biscyle also no seat , he also never say anything :wink: his " values " very different from others :wink:

backtocheong

if you voted for the incumbent, then you suck thumb. if not i feel sorry for u. this is police case definitely. i wish i can help but police rejected my application to be a cop despite my above average IQ, so lan lan.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This stomper should just go fuck spider. Only minor accident but expect murder scene investigation.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The title also wrong "Best Paid Govt in World, But 'Too Busy' to Handle Case". If this is police case, but police will tell you that they not paid world class leh.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree with this.
Sinkies pay money to 'buy' worries.
Stay HDB buy new car but worry constantly about car getting scratch.
Buy car not to enjoy but add on to burden of worries.

Last edited: