• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've only been to bkk chinatown twice. In 2004, when i reached the place being driven from a fren's car some stupid woman beggar on wheels just automatically approached me for money. During dinner time while waiting for food some dumb mute gal approached my fren for money. I visited there again in 2007 and i suppose the place looked better, i'm not really sure though.

Just curious though how is the crime and being harrassed by beggars and road side sellers like? Just last month when i was there the rd side sellers selling flowers and wiping ppl's cars were still there.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've only been to bkk chinatown twice. In 2004, when i reached the place being driven from a fren's car some stupid woman beggar on wheels just automatically approached me for money. During dinner time while waiting for food some dumb mute gal approached my fren for money. I visited there again in 2007 and i suppose the place looked better, i'm not really sure though.

Just curious though how is the crime and being harrassed by beggars and road side sellers like? Just last month when i was there the rd side sellers selling flowers and wiping ppl's cars were still there.

So Thais do tout as well. And you're bothered with that. But you're not bothered with Chinese touts. The issue is touting, not race. Yes, I mentioned Chinese only because I'm mostlty touted and harrassed them, but the issue is still touting. So is Chinese touting OK just becaue Thais, Italians and Greeks also tout?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ramintra Soi 19 started to flood. Water creeping in at around noon time. 4-5cm only. This is very close to my house. Just next soi.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid peasants mixing tap water source with flood water. Stupid !!!

Khlong Prapa dyke destroyed

* Published: 29/10/2011 at 05:58 PM
* Online news:

A TV report said that some residents of flooded Wat Nawong, Khlong Hok in Don Mueang area were so frustrated seeing rising water that they decided to destroy Khlong Prapa canal dyke with a mistaken belief that this could lessen the flood in their area. It did not.

Later the concerned authority and Pathum Thani MP came to convince them that it would not work and that Khlong Prapa is essential for producing tap water which they also rely on. Convinced, they stopped their action.

The authority has repaired the damaged dyke section.

This foolish action makes Khlong Prapa water quality bad as all the rubbish and dirt in the area were swept into the canal.

No wonder this morning, the old reporter reported blackish water of Khlong Prapa at Chaeng Wattana Rd.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been monitoring the water level @ Khlong Saen Saep. I'm beginning to think that it's all bullshit and they will not release water into inner Bangkok. The water will bypass inner Bangkok and move via East and West channels into Samut Prakarn.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to Pattaya North bus station. Staff told me go BKK no problem, come back Pattaya big problem so did not make the trip. Anyway, managed to get an alternative in Pattaya, Cuba cigar for a friend.

Pattaya updates: Sunny all day today. :smile:

And the Bangkok exodus continue. BKK registered cars continue to enter Pattaya causing massive jams. News reported that 85% of hotels are full but you can still get cheap accomodation in Pattaya (THB 3000/month) without car parking lots. Most parked their cars in BigC or Tesco Lotus and take motorcycle taxis to and fro their rented apartments. Posted this before, BKK sao sao really know how to make up and dress well even when running road. :smile:

KYP, I believe the channel you are talking is Thai PBS. Yes, it is one of the more political neutral stations. TV3 not bad. TV5 and TV7, OK. Forget about MCOT and Nation Channel. Eastern BKK confirm dua dai ji. Parts of Cha ChengSao already flooded. Minburi and Lat Krabang is next.

Will update once get any news.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkok is gone case. I kept saying and telling people run road since two weeks ago. You cannot fight and defend against flood like that. Let it flood then return after it's over.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkok is gone case. I kept saying and telling people run road since two weeks ago. You cannot fight and defend against flood like that. Let it flood then return after it's over.

Agree cannot fight flood unless build 2m high wall barrier will take few year to build but too late.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree cannot fight flood unless build 2m high wall barrier will take few year to build but too late.

If you build a 2 or 3m wall around Bangkok, the rest of the surrounding provinces would be drowned. See? The water must pass through Bangkok and be drained into the sea.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet my last Luang Por Johnny, Inner BKK da da bo dai ji (Dry dry no problem). Eastern and western BKK, Chok Dee.