• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Avoid these 5 places unless…

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My top 5 worth waiting.....

1) Tah Hwa Bak Chor Mee (same as makansutra)
2) Kok Kee Wanton Noodle (Lavender food court)
3) Eng's Wantan Mee (basement, watch out for the fake 1 on the 1st floor, same color signboard, cb Mediacorpse Zhongqing intro the fake 1 instead of the original 1, omg...)
4) Zhao Ji Claypot Rice (the one and only Claypot rice that I will swears by it, come dinner at 7 no more rice liao...)
5) Ah Heng Curry Chicken Beehoon Mee (at Hong Lim)

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i really think only mountain tortoise will go for this wanton mee. its portion small, noodles so-so only, and the milf there is so fierce.
I agree its expensive, many will sulks by the portions, but their mee + their gravy, really no horse run... Eng's, famous for their chillies and Q noodles, not even come close.

dietcoke, relay your quote, if not Ah Leong will find you and infract you...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can never understand people who queue for bak chor mee. I have tasted this Tai Hwa bak chor mee before, no doubt it is nice but NOT miles ahead of others. One can find much better food in Bangkok easily compared to these 5 stalls. I know you don't go to Bangkok everyday but i bet you don't frequent these places as much too.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can never understand people who queue for bak chor mee. I have tasted this Tai Hwa bak chor mee before, no doubt it is nice but NOT miles ahead of others. One can find much better food in Bangkok easily compared to these 5 stalls. I know you don't go to Bangkok everyday but i bet you don't frequent these places as much too.
No everybody can go to BKK mah, just have to lived with it lor :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When it comes to claypot rice, you'd first place your order, then come back later to collect the food.

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
most can call or pre-order

Two weeks ago went to this taiwah bak chor mee waited 1.5 hr with only about 10 person infront of me. Nice n good but not the wait.
Have been eating the chilli mee at golden mile Hawker centre for more than 20 years.
The owner and his wife very polite. always tell you "pai zee boh kwui"tuesday close.
The only one selling this type of mee in singapore.He used the sell only mee and chillies for 10 cents
near chong boon school in the sixtys.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talk about queuing...pity those char bohs...always got to queue for their toilets..LOL

Tiong Bahru wanton mee wah, long queue...but i agree, the char siew is worth queuing but the portion very small, i usually finish in one / two gulps. So have to order extra noodles.

The Yong tau foo at Chinatown hawker centre also long queue & the owner very gualan, will only start selling at 12 plus, fuck care if the queue in front is one km long.

I don't mind queuing if the food is good.

And those who queue for 林志远 bakuas shld also have their brains checked.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometimes with this long Q hawkers i wonder is it their slow speed or really so many customers....
some are really inefficent and others you suspect they purposely make you wait long to form a Q as advertising.
you see it at popular HC like old airport road where there are many Char Kway Teow stalls more or less same standard but some dumb customers will be attracted to the stall with the Q....

Chilli noodles then you know they used to have a rival just next to it........din know what happened to that stall liao.
Beach road HC many famous stalls....Beef noodles, tulang, Chicken rice, claypot rice...etc

Two weeks ago went to this taiwah bak chor mee waited 1.5 hr with only about 10 person infront of me. Nice n good but not the wait.
Have been eating the chilli mee at golden mile Hawker centre for more than 20 years.
The owner and his wife very polite. always tell you "pai zee boh kwui"tuesday close.
The only one selling this type of mee in singapore.He used the sell only mee and chillies for 10 cents
near chong boon school in the sixtys.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chilli noodles then you know they used to have a rival just next to it........din know what happened to that stall liao.
Beach road HC many famous stalls....Beef noodles, tulang, Chicken rice, claypot rice...etc
That stall was managed by a butch who harass and chase off customer near her stall if she dun order her food.

You forgot the yong tau hu at the basement, very nice that 1... and char kway teow...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That stall was managed by a butch who harass and chase off customer near her stall if she dun order her food.

You forgot the yong tau hu at the basement, very nice that 1... and char kway teow...
char kway teow is the green veggie alot type....not my cup of tea....
Got the chinchow stall also and some thai food even......
Alamak uncle, you hang out at the thai beer corner one is it? No money go opposite to drink inside aircon Golden Mile?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
char kway teow is the green veggie alot type....not my cup of tea....
Got the chinchow stall also and some thai food even......
Alamak uncle, you hang out at the thai beer corner one is it? No money go opposite to drink inside aircon Golden Mile?
char kway teow at basement, not the one next to beef noodles stall.

I cant drink.... but yes, I hang out a lot at that area, especially GM, at least twice a week.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
char kway teow at basement, not the one next to beef noodles stall.

I cant drink.... but yes, I hang out a lot at that area, especially GM, at least twice a week.
oic that stall i like to eat the fried beansprouts with hum....
wah uncle then when the time they demolish gm then you go where?