• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Austin Heights/Adda Heights

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Austin Hgts price lower than Adda Hgts

The Woodlands jam is v unpredictable in the evening. I have experienced betw 45 mins to 1.5 hours to clear both sides on weekdays. I work in Woodlands, so it really doesnt make sense for me to go via 2nd link to the Tebrau region......I have to pay higher toll fees and depending on Woodlands Traffic conditions, it may not even be a faster option.....

FYI, my fastest record from Taman Molek to reach Woodlands Town Centre (midnight travel) was ard 20 mins, without speeding....haha

if i worked in woodland, my whole plan would be totally different! 20 mins at midnight on a week night, i believe that. without the checkpoint jams, JB becomes a very practical and attractive option.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

if i worked in woodland, my whole plan would be totally different! 20 mins at midnight on a week night, i believe that. without the checkpoint jams, JB becomes a very practical and attractive option.

Took me an hour to clear both customs yesterday night at around 8 pm (from SG to JB). Today, I took 45 mins to clear both customs (from JB to SG) at 830am....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Took me an hour to clear both customs yesterday night at around 8 pm (from SG to JB). Today, I took 45 mins to clear both customs (from JB to SG) at 830am....

wah.. not bad huh. so your family moving over to molek soon? i going there on monday morning to sign ocbc LOO. any good food to recommend there for breakfast?

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah.. not bad huh. so your family moving over to molek soon? i going there on monday morning to sign ocbc LOO. any good food to recommend there for breakfast?

We planning to use it as a weekend home for now, as wife works in town area. Maybe things will change when the RTS is up. Molek is more about restaurants and cafes leh. The good and cheap food is at neighouring Johor Jaya. Haha.

http://johorkaki.blogspot.sg/search/label/Taman Johor Jaya

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

johorkaki has lost some taste bugs.. shi...shi..dun let him see tis. :p

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

We planning to use it as a weekend home for now, as wife works in town area. Maybe things will change when the RTS is up. Molek is more about restaurants and cafes leh. The good and cheap food is at neighouring Johor Jaya. Haha.

http://johorkaki.blogspot.sg/search/label/Taman Johor Jaya

yeah, i quite like molek. feels upmarket, very hardly can find in JB! good choice. reminds me a bit of damansara utama or TTDI in PJ.

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi

Just to share photos of a few units which had major renovations. ... I know quite a number of owners spent a large amount (more than the price of the original house) on reno.

Original Corner Semi-D
DSC_0500.jpg

Renovated :

DSC_0505.jpgDSC_0499.jpgDSC_0504.jpgDSC_0501.jpg

i saw all of the austin heights houses remain the original color.... is it the management disallowing residents to repaint their house with other colours?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously thinking of moving to stay in Austin Heights and rent out my terrace in Singapore if the AH unit cannot be rented out. As i have schooldoing children, may i ask what time i need to leave to get him to school by 730 am? Anyone living near here doing the daily commute with children?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously thinking of moving to stay in Austin Heights and rent out my terrace in Singapore if the AH unit cannot be rented out. As i have schooldoing children, may i ask what time i need to leave to get him to school by 730 am? Anyone living near here doing the daily commute with children?

don't think you can leave the house later than 530am bro.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
International school in JB may be a better option. The daily 1-hr+ each way commute can be very tiring.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
International school in JB may be a better option. The daily 1-hr+ each way commute can be very tiring.

Thought of that too, asp. the Austin Heights International School right at our doorstep but spouse thinks standards are lower than in Singapore. Also we had moved house to get him into this above average primary school in Singapore so it seems a waste to take him out and what if things don't work out, can we put him back in? So am in a dilemma...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
the dilemma is only man made ... if one thinks about it spiritually there is no dilemma .. :smile:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG education depends heavily on enrichment courses n parent guidance. Over there, if u can provide these add ons, shd b ok.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG education depends heavily on enrichment courses n parent guidance. Over there, if u can provide these add ons, shd b ok.

But as I am Singaporean, the school fees are much cheaper as subsidised in Singapore compared to International school fees. And they may face difficulty getting into local Singapore uni in future which is also subsidised.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very cheem leh, I don't understand...
ok.. maybe i was too vague or my analgy no good..

but what is my meaning is... your dilemma is not whether you should move to JB, but how to rent out your AH house, and whether the rental is really worth it. since you're already owner of a singapore landed home, financially it can't be that much of a burden to own a house in JB (equity loan and so on). so why even think about moving to JB and all the logistical problems that come with it (your original dilemma) - including putting your kid to the trouble of getting up early, or moving his education to malaysia? At most, you rent out your AH home cheap just to cover some of the interest payments. why twist your whole life into a pretzel just to accomodate what should purely be a minor (to you) financial issue?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
But as I am Singaporean, the school fees are much cheaper as subsidised in Singapore compared to International school fees. And they may face difficulty getting into local Singapore uni in future which is also subsidised.

do you know i have a m'sian classmate who sold his house, his car, quit his job, his wife quit her job, to relocate here, ... just so that his son can get a singaporean education. you're doing the opposite. i'm not criticizing your decision cos all this is personal, but.. just think about it.