• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Austin Heights/Adda Heights

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Austin Hgts price lower than Adda Hgts

i think definitely can find tenant, just that how much you can get in rental and also how long you have to wait for tenant. why should there be a problem to hire m'sian drive to drive to singapore daily? you can daily hire a cab, even. as long as willing to pay, you will find that service. however i have to caution against commuting for work, cos the jams are bad at the CIQ / Woodland checkpoint. Unless your working time is flexible (i.e need to go in 1-2 day a week, can work from home, can drive in at 10am and back at 3pm), it won't be fun getting stuck in jams everyday. I have been driving in on and off, at 3pm back to singapore (BKE dairy farm exit) from AH area takes about 45 mins. distance is about 19km from AH to CIQ. jams were at jln mas utama, tebrau highway. EDL and CIQ smooth! then stuck at woodlands checkpoint 15 mins. and this is non-peak hour.

Thx for sharing. My job hrs and location r flexible, so mebbe can work at woodlands 10 to 2 pm hopefully, then can avoid the jams.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks but I know rental can be difficult sometimes too tho my agent keeps trying to reassure me that it should be no problem. For those of you staying there and working in Spore, how long does it take to travel?

minimum 20mins from there to CIQ considered no jam at all...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

minimum 20mins from there to CIQ considered no jam at all...

Thx for sharing...do u stay there and commute to work in singapore? Would be keen to hear from forumers doing that.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thx for sharing...do u stay there and commute to work in singapore? Would be keen to hear from forumers doing that.

I am staying at tebrau area and I had been traveling in and out for many many years... so I am very cleared abt the traffic condition surround especially during peak hours....

Most ppl especially foreigners vested in this area they are simply too new or knowing too little abt the condition here..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am staying at tebrau area and I had been traveling in and out for many many years... so I am very cleared abt the traffic condition surround especially during peak hours....

Most ppl especially foreigners vested in this area they are simply too new or knowing too little abt the condition here..

they like to keep u warm in tebrau... dun worry too much :biggrin:

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

i saw all of the austin heights houses remain the original color.... is it the management disallowing residents to repaint their house with other colours?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, just wondering if any of you staying near Austin Heights and traveling to Singapore daily would be open to carpooling? Am wondering if I should move there and rent out my Singapore terrace if it cannot be rented out at Austin Heights. Still considering whether to put my children in international school there or study in Singapore if I live there.

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, just wondering if any of you staying near Austin Heights and traveling to Singapore daily would be open to carpooling? Am wondering if I should move there and rent out my Singapore terrace if it cannot be rented out at Austin Heights. Still considering whether to put my children in international school there or study in Singapore if I live there.

depend on your working time and whether you can stress thru the traffic jam about 5hours daily.... but since you are already staying landed house in singapore, why move out? if i can afford to buy a landed in singapore, i will only treat johor house as a weekend home...

not really too sure austin heights easy to rent out or not, but i saw a lot of adda heights units couldnt find tenant for more than 1 year and thus the owner resell again their unit.... really a 50-50 for johor rental market specially for landed properties...

by the way, i think austin heights is really the best place in johor for SPRs like me.... future when have kids, can just send kids to int'l school nearby.... most importantly, the security in austin heights used to be tip top... staying landeds but still enjoying some condo facilities in the club house.... just nice... but worry on the traffic later after the water park is UP...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

depend on your working time and whether you can stress thru the traffic jam about 5hours daily.... but since you are already staying landed house in singapore, why move out? if i can afford to buy a landed in singapore, i will only treat johor house as a weekend home...

not really too sure austin heights easy to rent out or not, but i saw a lot of adda heights units couldnt find tenant for more than 1 year and thus the owner resell again their unit.... really a 50-50 for johor rental market specially for landed properties...

by the way, i think austin heights is really the best place in johor for SPRs like me.... future when have kids, can just send kids to int'l school nearby.... most importantly, the security in austin heights used to be tip top... staying landeds but still enjoying some condo facilities in the club house.... just nice... but worry on the traffic later after the water park is UP...

Yeah, probably will end up treating it as weekend home if cannot rent out as the commute is really too troublesome. Glad to know that SPR like Austin Heights, hopefully I will have a good resale market 10 years later, if not probably use it as a retirement home when kids are grown up.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, probably will end up treating it as weekend home if cannot rent out as the commute is really too troublesome. Glad to know that SPR like Austin Heights, hopefully I will have a good resale market 10 years later, if not probably use it as a retirement home when kids are grown up.

these days, Austin heights no longer cheap. cluster house 1M.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I presume you either work in Malaysia or get off from work in SG around 430 pm? Because assuming you get off from work in SG around 6 - 7pm, by the time you cross Woodlands Customs, there's no jam in Malaysia liao whether in Tebrau or EDL, since the Malaysians dont work OT.....haha

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

... assuming you get off from work in SG around 6 - 7pm, by the time you cross Woodlands Customs, there's no jam in Malaysia liao whether in Tebrau or EDL, since the Malaysians dont work OT.....haha

is that because you will actually cross the customs only at 9pm? seriously, i am allergic to jams and never tried crossing over at 6pm. Has anyone tried , on a working day (Sing- JB) recently, at 6Pm. How long to clear both customs?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

is that because you will actually cross the customs only at 9pm? seriously, i am allergic to jams and never tried crossing over at 6pm. Has anyone tried , on a working day (Sing- JB) recently, at 6Pm. How long to clear both customs?

hahaha.......no lah. Let say u get off from work in SG around 6-630 pm and reach Woodlands Customs at 7 pm. You should make it past JB customs by 815pm (except Fri when the jam gets unpredictable). There's no jam at all at JB customs side, because SG has closed 2 car lanes (out of 4) to cater to motorbikes. So this will cause a big jam at Woodlands but none at JB, since a limited no. of cars can pass through Woodlands.

At 815pm, there's no jam at Tebrau or EDL liao, since the Malaysians are off from work by 530 pm liao.... That has been my experience, travelling in and out to supervise my current renovation works at Taman Molek.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha.......no lah. Let say u get off from work in SG around 6-630 pm and reach Woodlands Customs at 7 pm. You should make it past JB customs by 815pm (except Fri when the jam gets unpredictable). There's no jam at all at JB customs side, because SG has closed 2 car lanes (out of 4) to cater to motorbikes. So this will cause a big jam at Woodlands but none at JB, since a limited no. of cars can pass through Woodlands.

At 815pm, there's no jam at Tebrau or EDL liao, since the Malaysians are off from work by 530 pm liao.... That has been my experience, travelling in and out to supervise my current renovation works at Taman Molek.

so basically stuck for 1 hour 15 min on average. that's still pretty bad. thanks for the info. ! ever tried going by 2nd link, perling highway, pasir gudang highway? btw, happy renovating...

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi anyone tried going out of JB to Woodlands in the morning around 7-8 am ? How is the jam ? Thanks.

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi anyone tried going out of JB to Woodlands in the morning around 7-8 am ? How is the jam ? Thanks.

uncertain............

monday morning is the worst which it takes more than 1.25hour for sure...
the rest of the weekdays, around 1hour on the bridge.....

for me, i cant really go thru all this jam... spending 5hours on road per day is like wasting your life... jb home gonna be my weekend home only... seriously, during weekdays after work, what do you guys do? still hanging around outside? or you just need a bed and a pc to online? not neccesary to travel so far away to find a bed.... :smile: IMHO la....

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

can you guys give some opinions..... will you choose austin height unit with some renovation (6years old) or adda height original unit (3years old) with same size and same price? which area you prefer?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

so basically stuck for 1 hour 15 min on average. that's still pretty bad. thanks for the info. ! ever tried going by 2nd link, perling highway, pasir gudang highway? btw, happy renovating...

The Woodlands jam is v unpredictable in the evening. I have experienced betw 45 mins to 1.5 hours to clear both sides on weekdays. I work in Woodlands, so it really doesnt make sense for me to go via 2nd link to the Tebrau region......I have to pay higher toll fees and depending on Woodlands Traffic conditions, it may not even be a faster option.....

FYI, my fastest record from Taman Molek to reach Woodlands Town Centre (midnight travel) was ard 20 mins, without speeding....haha

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

uncertain............

monday morning is the worst which it takes more than 1.25hour for sure...
the rest of the weekdays, around 1hour on the bridge.....

for me, i cant really go thru all this jam... spending 5hours on road per day is like wasting your life... jb home gonna be my weekend home only... seriously, during weekdays after work, what do you guys do? still hanging around outside? or you just need a bed and a pc to online? not neccesary to travel so far away to find a bed.... :smile: IMHO la....
i agree with you, but remember, the 5 hours on the road per day is not a waste if you can rent out your sgp home. in fact, the commute torture earns you a tidy rental per month, in sing dollars. just saying. i am same as you, i won't be commuting to work from jb after my house is ready. i'm sure i can't take it.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

can you guys give some opinions..... will you choose austin height unit with some renovation (6years old) or adda height original unit (3years old) with same size and same price? which area you prefer?

all else other than the above being equal, i would choose austin height. definitely. even if the Austin H one has little or no reno. the main reason why i didn't buy austin h because it was over my budget.

Last edited: