• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loom: Be careful with wage expectations

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>Mick

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 am Post subject: PM Lee: Be careful with wage expectations</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>dun expect too much hor...
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Quote:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>The Straits Times
Aug 29, 2010
PM'S NATIONAL DAY RALLY
Be careful of wage rise

THE Prime Minister on Sunday sought to temper wage expectations of Singaporeans who are looking forward to higher wages and good bonuses arising from the robust economic growth in the first half year.

PM Lee said while workers deserve fair recognition and reward for last year's sacrifices and their contribution to the strong recovery, they must stay competitive and keep the wage system flexible to ensure continuing growth.

Speaking at the National Day Rally at the University Cultural Central against a more upbeat backdrop compared to last year when Singapore was battling its worst recession since independence, Mr Lee said Singapore has come through the economic crisis much better than expected, with the combined efforts of the unions, workers, employers and the government.

'Thank you all for a job well done!' said Mr Lee, who began his address in English by declaring that the economy has shaken off the recession and 'is now booming'.

Singapore's economy grew 18 per cent in the first half year from a year earlier, with lots of jobs opening up. For the whole year, the forecast is for a 13 to 15 per cent growth.

But amid the optimism, PM Lee struck a sobering note: Don't expect Singapore's economy to grow like this in the long term.

In fact, when taken over three years, Mr Lee said the economy expanded by an average of 5 per cent year - 1 per cent in 2008, minus 1 per cent in 2009 and a projected 15 per cent this year.

'This is a realistic target of what we can sustain,' he said, adding that a 3 to 5 per cent growth would be considered 'good' in future. 'Hence, please be careful with wage expectations.'

Raising productivity, upgrading workers' knowledge and skills to do a wider range of tasks will help Singapore to keep growing and enable each Singaporean to have a secure job, and a good standard of living, said Mr Lee. And this requires efforts at all levels. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
This doesn't sound too fair from a man that makes a total compensation of $4 million dollars a year :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This doesn't sound too fair from a man that makes a total compensation of $4 million dollars a year :(

From multi-million $$$ salary, monopoly on power.....

How can you take someone who doesn't even practise what he preaches seriously :confused:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
From multi-million $$$ salary, monopoly on power.....

How can you take someone who doesn't even practise what he preaches seriously :confused:

I suggest we peg his salary to President Obama's and give PM Lee a retirement bonus of 66% of Obama's future book sales.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest we peg his salary to President Obama's and give PM Lee a retirement bonus of 66% of Obama's future book sales.

I doubt he has to pay for anything mundane like utility, food, medical costs ..... I'm sure he gets allowances, perks & bonuses covering all that. Not forgetting that he's getting various directorships of the various GLCs,.

Can anyone verify if he's already getting the 2nd income stream from his pension :confused:

If you minus his PMs pay I bet he still makes more than Obama :eek: Years ago I heard rumours that he sold all his private propeties(30 or more) before the introduction of the new rules to cool off the Spore property market.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you have it last few weeks . I mention he hints that
Singaporean should not expect pay increase when they report higher GDP .