• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal FC 2008/2009 Sign In Here !!!

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
will be good for us,bro longlicky.

unless the Gunners relaxs else they should win it in the end.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gooners played a confident flowing game and deserved the win. In fact they may have scored more goals if they were more clinical. Fergie needs to motivate his attack, Berba, Rooney and Teves were a shadow.

Btw I too am a lifelong Reds fan:smile:

yes. Man u eating shit now. all the way ARS.

48" 2-0 up!

I am a liverpool supporter anyway.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal 3-0 Wigan Athletic in the English Carling Cup.
another good performance by the Young Gunners.
but was expecting a bit more goals like maybe 4-0 or 5-0.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arse set to win Carling after Chelski and the Reds lost this morning......:smile::smile::biggrin:

:eek:A Gabriel Agbonlahor double for Aston Villa ensures the midlands side return home with all three points and leaves Arsene Wenger's Arsenal NINE points behind top spot.

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa:eek:

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ars is the most OVERRATED club.

They can kiss goodbye for this season. Try again next season.

Look at the players at the other top 3 clubs, always not so available for international friendlies or commitment.

mmtja

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I am an Arsenal fan, I must admit that Arsenal don't have a chance to win the EPL this season. Maybe 2 or 3 years later.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ars is the most OVERRATED club.

They can kiss goodbye for this season. Try again next season.

WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINERS AND LOSERS WE HAVE AT THE EMIRATES!!
THIS COMING FROM CAPTAIN BOO HOO HOO BABY HIMSELF.:biggrin:

Gunners captain demands more courage from his team, saying 'we must be soldiers'

By Jason Burt
Friday, 21 November 2008

It is known that Gallas is still smarting after being attacked for his petulant display during the draw against Birmingham City last season

The sense of an enveloping crisis at Arsenal heightened yesterday with an extraordinary attack on his team-mates by William Gallas who revealed this season had been blighted by in-fighting, insults and young players on big salaries who are not "brave enough in battle".

The central defender risked being stripped of the captaincy – something manager Arsène Wenger has been urged to do in the past given the player's petulant behaviour – but also claimed he was considering quitting the club anyway if a trophy was not won.

Most damagingly of all, Gallas detailed two incidents which demonstrated the rifts that exist within the Arsenal squad – and talked about a player who had verbally abused him. Although Gallas did not reveal a name he offered a clue by saying "I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me". The finger of suspicion was immediately pointed at 25-year-old striker Robin van Persie although Emmanuel Eboué and Bacary Sagna are the same age.

Given that Arsenal are trying to rally themselves from a disappointing start to the season and also the severe blow of losing Theo Walcott to injury for three months, then Gallas's timing could not have been worse. He claimed he was speaking out because "there are things that can't be said and can't be tolerated" and because he is fed up with being criticised himself and accused of being a poor captain.

It is known that Gallas is still smarting after being attacked for his petulant display during the draw against Birmingham City last season in which Eduardo was badly injured and Arsenal's title hopes slipped away. Although he now accepts he was right to be criticised, he also believes the incident is being raked over and was not as bad as the way the unnamed team-mate reacted to him during this campaign.

"When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player, complaining about him and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us," Gallas said. "There comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen."

Again Gallas would not reveal the player's name, although he said the incident occurred as Arsenal were attacking. "I am trying to defend myself a bit without giving names. Otherwise I'm taking it all [the blame]. It's very frustrating," he said. Gallas also claimed that he had broken up an argument in the Arsenal dressing room during half-time in the 4-4 draw with Tottenham Hotspur last month. "There was a problem at half-time," Gallas said.

Gallas was speaking in the wake of France's goalless draw against Uruguay on Wednesday evening, in which he played. He went on to accuse Arsenal's much-vaunted youngsters of lacking fight. "We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal," Gallas said. "We are not brave enough in battle. I think we need to be soldiers. We have to be warriors. There are teams who can do it well against us, and we have to be able to face up to these attacks."

Asked if the crop of young players could emulate Manchester United's golden generation of the 1990s, Gallas said: "The problem is the Manchester youngsters have been through something, they've won something." In contrast, he said, Arsenal's players have been rewarded early with lucrative, long-term deals. "That makes the difference, perhaps," he said.

Gallas went on to criticise the midfield – Cesc Fabregas, Denilson, Samir Nasri, Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby – which played in last week's defeat to Aston Villa, contrasting the game with the previous week's victory over United. "Maybe, against Manchester, it was the whole team that fought for victory," Gallas said. "But when you stop fighting together, there comes a time when the midfield will sink, the defenders, unfortunately, can also sink. That's what happened against Villa."

Having won two league titles with Chelsea, before leaving after a fall-out, Gallas said: "I have to win something, Arsenal has to win something." Another season without doing so would be a "kind of failure" which would lead to him considering his future. "We will have to see," he said.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems within the Arsenal camp isn't new. It has been brewing for quite sometime. It was just waiting to implode. I guess Gallas did every Gunner a favor by bringing it out in the open.

The process of healing will only begin when Wenger remove the 'trouble makers' and that includes Gallas.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defeat no. 5. Lose 3-0 to Man City some more. WTF is wrong with them!:mad:

Their weakness is in their beautiful play. Plus low morale, this is the best time to finish off Arsenal. If teams don't do it now, its not often they get a chance like this. And Arsenal has a bunch of whimpy kids who are not strong enough to face physical challenges. They have got to understand 3 points is more important than playing beautiful.

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to understand 3 points more important than beautiful football when I thought wegner himself insists on beautiful football over winning? I think wegner and the players equal to blame.

Can see that almost all the Arsenal players are super inconsistent.

i got friends who support arsenal who also always bemoan the fact arsenal always cant keep form. a mixture of moderate experience, volatile morale and refusal to play defensive football combines to form a very unsteady club

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to understand 3 points more important than beautiful football when I thought wegner himself insists on beautiful football over winning? I think wegner and the players equal to blame.

Can see that almost all the Arsenal players are super inconsistent.

i got friends who support arsenal who also always bemoan the fact arsenal always cant keep form. a mixture of moderate experience, volatile morale and refusal to play defensive football combines to form a very unsteady club

Wenger will quit soon. He will not have the energy to start all over again and the fans in London is expected to demand more. Gate receipts will fall and the strain of falling revenue could just trigger a series of change in the London club.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Say what you will about Wenger, but he is probably the best manager to spot and groom talent and I say this as an old Reds fan. His latest batch of raw talent is quite amazing, sad if he does not see them to fruition at the top level of the game. Btw he could end up as coach of the French national team.