• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are local Malays angry with FTs in SG ?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Are local Malays angry with FTs in SG ?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Spearmint000 (Spearmint888) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:22 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20003.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Today, I met up with one of my old buddies and had kopi with him. He a Chinese converted to a Muslim as he married a Malay lady. We were chatting and started to talk about the foreign trash in SG. We all knew about the problem and I told him frankly that I think that the FTs shit deal has the biggest impact on the local Malay community.
He told me yes, he said that many Malays are very frustrated with the situation. He cited one example was his brother in law. He is Malay and was working as a restaurant manager and earns about basic $1800/ mth excluding OT and tips. He lost his job last year because he was replaced by a cheaper foreign trash. Now his brother in law then have trouble getting a new job because many restaurants are hiring foreign trash with lower wages. Sadly, now he part times drives taxi and do odd jobs to feed his family. He said that the local Malays are less vocal but are equally frustrated as the rest of Singapore.
But my friend told me his biggest concern, which really startled. This situation will give JI and those radical Muslim groups a health recruitment environment. He feel that many Malays are being marginalized by cheaper foreign trash and have problem getting jobs that once were theirs and were happy with those jobs.
Our farking short sighted government is unwittingly endangered our national security for short-term economic gain. Previously, I am frustrated with this foreign trash deal but now I am frustrated and afraid.
Am I overly concern?
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this rate, I won't be surprised if a non-muslim joins the JI. Imagine Tan Ter Bu's mugshot appearing in the news for blowing up the PMO together with Nallathamby, John de Souza, Nancy Goh and Mutalib Hassan.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah.How can?How can local Malay angry one.They already gave up lah.We Chinese and Indians swarm Sinkie for 100 years already what.Now its our turn lah.Foreigners swarm local regardless of race language or religion mah.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not that singaporeans dun want to work.....the pay too low in some cases....cos of the FTs.

now the big bosses get to make big money at the expense of paying more for sg....

no wonder the greater divide btw the rich and poor

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not that singaporeans dun want to work.....the pay too low in some cases....cos of the FTs.

now the big bosses get to make big money at the expense of paying more for sg....

no wonder the greater divide btw the rich and poor

It is not really because of the great divide between the rich and poor lah.Technically speaking that is.Oil rich Arab countries for example ; the Sheiks are filthy rich...Sorry , they are extremely filthy floating in $$$$$$$...But the masses depends on the rulers hand outs.Same is Brunei. The Sultan of Brunei is known to give $10k tips to his servants---each time liao!...So the divide you are talking of is actually bottomless in those countries...But their average Joes do not suffer because of that.

Why?

Because the COST OF LIVING is kept low...As a matter of fact their floating population aka foreigners are greater than locals.But the locals do not suffer on that account.In fact they enjoy their lives because of greater input of foreigners who keep their cost of living low low.

So you see the root of our problem is because of PAP fiscal policies.Not because so & so(s) are super duppa rich.