• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Good Fortune Teller around?

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for your input, be it constructive or not.

I feel what some bros out here wrote to be true. It's true there are certain factors which is up to an individual. But as they say, there is only so much one can do. What about the rest which we cannot do?

It's like walking across the road. You either are lucky that cars will not knock you down, or you are unlucky that a car did knock you down, no matter how much precautions you take.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Some People Have All The Luck
by Professor Richard Wiseman, University of Hertfordshire

Why do some people get all the luck while others never get the breaks
they deserve?

A psychologist says he has discovered the answer.

Ten years ago, I set out to examine luck. I wanted to know why some people are always in the right place at the right time, while others consistently experience ill fortune. I placed advertisements in national newspapers asking
for people who felt consistently lucky or unlucky to contact me.

Hundreds of extraordinary men and women volunteered for my research and over the years, I have interviewed them, monitored their lives and had them take part in experiments.

The results reveal that although these people have almost no insight into the causes of their luck, their thoughts and behaviour are responsible for much of their good and bad fortune.

Take the case of seemingly chance opportunities. Lucky people consistently encounter such opportunities, whereas unlucky people do not.

I carried out a simple experiment to discover whether this was due to differences in their ability to spot such opportunities. I gave both lucky and unlucky people a newspaper, and asked them to look through it and tell me how many photographs were inside. I had secretly placed a large message halfway through the newspaper saying: "Tell the experimenter you have seen this and win $50."

This message took up half of the page and was written in type that was more than two inches high. It was staring everyone straight in the face, but the unlucky people tended to miss it and the lucky people tended to spot it.

Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected.

As a result, they miss opportunities because they are too focused on looking for something else. They go to parties' intent on finding their perfect partner and so miss opportunities to make good friends. They look through newspapers determined to find certain types of job advertisements and miss other types of jobs.

Lucky people are more relaxed and open, and therefore see what is there rather than just what they are looking for. My research eventually revealed that lucky people generate good fortune via four principles. They are skilled at creating and noticing chance opportunities, make lucky decisions by listening to their intuition, create self-fulfilling prophesies via positive expectations, and adopt a resilient attitude that transforms bad luck into good.

Towards the end of the work, I wondered whether these principles could be used to create good luck. I asked a group of volunteers to spend a month carrying out exercises designed to help them think and behave like a lucky person.

Dramatic results! These exercises helped them spot chance opportunities, listen to their intuition, expect to be lucky, and be more resilient to bad luck. One month later, the volunteers returned and described what had happened.

The results were dramatic: 80% of people were now happier, more satisfied with their lives and, perhaps most important of all, luckier.

The lucky people had become even luckier and the unlucky had become lucky.

Finally, I had found the elusive "luck factor".

Here are Professor Wiseman's four top tips for becoming lucky:

1) Listen to your gut instincts - they are normally right

2) Be open to new experiences and breaking your normal routine

3) Spend a few moments each day remembering things that went well

4) Visualize yourself being lucky before an important meeting or
telephone call.

Have a Lucky day and work for it.

The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect.

Hi guys,

Am posting this thread to find if anybody here can give constructive comments. Of course, I will be expecting some flames here, but please try your best to help.

I am looking for somebody or someway to change my luck. Has been down with bad luck for the past few years. Was wondering if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks. :o

whystay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heh! Agree fully with the prof.. Its similar to the "law of attraction" (google it, its quite good). However, I find that these kinds of narrations such as by Prof Wiseman (that has to be a pseudonym!) a little on the simplistic side. I dunno if simplistic is the right word though. But what I mean is that I find these kinds of responses such as "its all in your hands", "you can change your fate", etc a little bit condescending.

Its like telling fat people or smokers that all they need is will power. Its easy to say but dismisses everything that they are going through.

Its true that happiness attracts happiness; that being positive attracts good things. But at the same time, claiming don't make it so. In other words, claiming that I am happy doesn't make me happy, I have to feel happy. Its like American Idol..... don't they all say "I'm going to be the next idol?" Like I said, claiming don't make it so.

Here's another true story.... There's this small time white collar type guy here in SG. He did so so in university, joined a tiny firm and worked for ten over years. Salary only mediocre because his company only very small and not so successful. Naturally, he feels kinda down especially when he sees his peers doing very well. He reads the "law of attraction" and within a year or so, he's got his dream job and money is no longer an issue. He is VERY happy with life and pretty much has everything he used to wish for. Remember, this is a true story. Its a friend of a friend. This guy credits his success to following the "law of attraction".

BUT he did say that following the rules of the LOA was the hardest thing he'd ever done! The LOA states that we must always be positive, must be happy blah, blah, blah, kinda like Prof. Wiseman. And from a guy who had done it and succeeded, he knows just how hard it is!

Imagine being down in the dumps. its next to impossible to simply start feeling good. And if you did succeed, can you maintain it? Not so easy. In fact, damn hard!

But Bro Blackhole, you seem to be doing a good job! Much admiration from me! But be careful you don't cross the line of becoming Nihilistic or fatalistic. That would be no good.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect.

Totally true.. Sinkie learn it and stop whining and stop being a wimp.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you had been a phoenix, you will realize that whatever that Professor is saying.

I am, unlike those stories published by The Shitty Times or some crappy government journals that praised those "successful" entrepreneurs in the Spirit of Enterprise, not "successful" in terms of managing a viable business and yearning to be a member of the elite business squad. I have no yearning to rub shoulders with those millionaire entrepreneurs.

Because, I dun have to fear God or believe in Him that I should take the correct path. Rather, I am answerable for all my actions, deeds, or misdeeds. Just like being a phoenix, I have been to hell and back. Along the way, the good brothers in Hades tried to persuade me to stay behind. I am glad that I manage to shake them off...... They know who they are.

Along the way, I learnt how to stay positive, think positive, and count my blessings. Despite all the financial doldrums and dire situation, I am glad that my business is picking up and I thank all my customers for giving me their support and believe in me. Why ?? Because, we have come a LONG WAY.........

To those competitors that smear me behind my back, I am fine with it. Because, I know, I know that their jealousy, negative thoughts and actions will kill them gradually..... Amitabha........

Heh! Agree fully with the prof.. Its similar to the "law of attraction" (google it, its quite good). However, I find that these kinds of narrations such as by Prof Wiseman (that has to be a pseudonym!) a little on the simplistic side. I dunno if simplistic is the right word though. But what I mean is that I find these kinds of responses such as "its all in your hands", "you can change your fate", etc a little bit condescending.

{snipped to save space}

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Along the way, I learnt how to stay positive, think positive, and count my blessings. Despite all the financial doldrums and dire situation, I am glad that my business is picking up and I thank all my customers for giving me their support and believe in me. Why ?? Because, we have come a LONG WAY.........

All right, congrats to you, :smile:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine being down in the dumps. its next to impossible to simply start feeling good. And if you did succeed, can you maintain it? Not so easy. In fact, damn hard!

Dear whystay,

I've read through what you've written, and I can verify and CONFIRM to all readers out there that "LAW of ATTRACTION" or some people may call it fate, or GOOD LUCK, or perhaps some may even call it KARMA...

Whatever you wish to call it, I've chosen "LAW of ATTRACTION" it worked.

As written by TONYCHAT, "You wanna change your luck??? Then unsinkified yourself, You will be blessed and all good luck will come to you."

This statement is so true, and I really believe what TONYCHAT have mentioned about LIAO FAN's way of gaining merit to change luck and destiny.

In a way, if you want to change your luck, you MUST be a GIVER, NOT a receiver, and just hope for things to turn for the better, but YOU MUST have the IMAGES of success, and thinking of what you want.

Well, for example, I'll use my life's story as an example, and perhaps some of you would know me personally, but this is what really happened.

When I graduated in 1999 with a B.Eng degree, I have ambitions and dreams of becoming a successful businessman, and of course being young, the goal set was becoming a Millionaire in Singapore... (How naive then... :p)

Anyways, for the first 5 years of my work life, I faced numerous challenges, and "BAD LUCK CYCLE" which I chose to think of it then... And I have huge resentment, ANGER, pressures, unhappiness, worries, lack of money, depression... girl friend left me... many many things fucked up perpetually, and I lost my dream of becoming a millionaire...

But during that 5 years, I never stop learning, although I was in a negative state of mind...

Just about 4 to 5 years ago, I have changed my mind, and started to listen to the motivation MP3 from Anthony Robbins (for motivation), one of my favourite business teachers in Business Management, Entrepuneurship, Sales & Marketing is Brian Tracy (for Skills Set building), Marketing Mastery from Jay Abraham, Think and Grow Rich from Napolean Hill, Robert Kiyosaki's CASHFLOW QUADRANTS, CASHFLOW 101 game, and many more....

From Brian Tracy's "Ultimate Goal Program" I've set up a 5 year goal plan, and I've envisioned my perfect life 5 years from then...

I've envisioned, that I would be a Millionaire then, would have a fully paid 106 m square apartment, have a BMW Black 5 or 7 series with a Chauffer, wearing HUGO BOSS BLACK SUIT, have a GLOBAL CAREER with trades of over USD 100,000 per trade....

from nothing to... today... I can say, LAW OF ATTRACTION, Changing your luck depends largely on what YOU THINK DAILY, and how you condition your SUB-CONSCIOUS MIND... everyone deserve to be very lucky... and there are indeed many ways to achieve great luck...

Today, I am already doing what I've set 5 years ago... very interesting... except that I do not have a BMW Black 5 or 7 series, although i could afford it, I've decided to use the resource for some money generating asset, like a property :smile:, I have 2 HUGO BOSS SUIT, I have travelled to Latin America, USA, and EUROPE, and of course China, and today, I'm doing business of more than EURO 200,000 per trade... big difference huh?

I am not writing this to brag about myself, but I just want to use myself as an example to prove to all readers out there that "LAW OF ATTRACTION" or changing of your luck do work.

To study in detail on how you can just do that, I have identified 4 GREAT BOOKS as a starter package.

1. THINK and GROW RICH -> Napolean Hill (can be found in internet free of charge)

2. THE SCIENCE of GETTING RICH -> Wallace D. Wattles (FREE OF CHARGE in the internet)

3. YOU WERE BORN RICH -> BOB PROCTOR (FREE OF CHARGE in the internet)

4. THE SECRET -> Rhonda Bryne (NOT FREE but could be bought online)

You see, the secret of success have been always free... but it's only when the seeker is ready... the answers will all be attracted to you...

in 3 words, believe and succeed... may whoever read this article gain a new perspective about life, and may all of you have good wealth, health, and happiness. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LUCK, ONLY IF YOUR MIND BELIEVE IT.

with love & respect to all,

Sperminator :cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not writing this to brag about myself, but I just want to use myself as an example to prove to all readers out there that "LAW OF ATTRACTION" or changing of your luck do work.

Only sinkies will think of you bragging, but for those unsinkified ones, they will praise you and congrats you and will wanna learn from you.

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear whystay,
To study in detail on how you can just do that, I have identified 4 GREAT BOOKS as a starter package.

1. THINK and GROW RICH -> Napolean Hill (can be found in internet free of charge)

2. THE SCIENCE of GETTING RICH -> Wallace D. Wattles (FREE OF CHARGE in the internet)

3. YOU WERE BORN RICH -> BOB PROCTOR (FREE OF CHARGE in the internet)

4. THE SECRET -> Rhonda Bryne (NOT FREE but could be bought online)

You see, the secret of success have been always free... but it's only when the seeker is ready... the answers will all be attracted to you...

in 3 words, believe and succeed... may whoever read this article gain a new perspective about life, and may all of you have good wealth, health, and happiness. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LUCK, ONLY IF YOUR MIND BELIEVE IT.

Thank you for the book recommandation, i think this book will make a good read up.

Anyway, i always find that fortune telling is quite interesting and fun. But don't believe it totally, hear it out. But don't let fortune telling affect how your life should be. The thing about changing your luck, is all in your mind.

A fortune teller could give you a piece of well decorated paper with fanciful writing on it, tell you that this paper will bring you good luck. After you get the paper, you will believe it half-heartily or totally. When good things start to happen to you, you will start to associate them with that piece of paper. As time pass by and you associating more of your luck to the paper, you might become paranoia and totally lose sense of what you can achieve. You will be constantly telling yourself you need a more powerful good luck charm etc. So, as all the other had said. All you need is to be positive and believe in yourself =]

P/s: Is there anyone out there that would recommand me a good book that teach about massaging hands and palmistry? Feel this skill could benefit me one way or the other hehehe :p.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats !! Congrats for being a phoenix yourself !!

Dear whystay,

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats !! Congrats for being a phoenix yourself !!

Dear kuntakinte,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I believe those who have recognised that YOU are your best Fortune Teller will certainly realize that YOU are YOUR very own creator of your fortune to a certain degree of confidence.

I believe kuntakinte is a Phoenix.

And I've been thinking of a Phoenix and Dragon daily :smile:

Talking about Fortune Teller, if you see objectively, if the Fortune Teller is really that good, why then he/she need to establish a business to tell what people already know?

The truth is that FORTUNE TELLING is for the 99% people on earth, those who believe in their ownself will tell you that FORTUNE TELLING is absolutely not necessary to determine your own luck.

The choice is certainly everybody's :smile:

May the Phoenix regenerate, and fly around the world...:cool: