• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Sinkie gave up on SGP!!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we don't work at it, and sit by the sidelines and criticize or condemn our own home, then who do you expect will build it? Your children?

Pappies gave up on the idea that sinkee gonna build their own home long ago.

Reality is Sinkapore is not America. Pappies make all the decisions on building sinkapore.

You can help with the process if you have money. If not bend over.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, I am sorry you have such a poor impression of Singapore. I invite you to San Francisco, and watch the line of homeless people sleeping on the streets, urinating at the entrance of nice condominiums, and lining up for free soup at community run soup kitchens. In SF, I can't even go out and run with my $300 iPhone at night, whilst I can do that with my $900 Nokia N91 at ECP at 1am after I finish work in Singapore and know that I will make it back without getting mugged. Lets face it, Singapore has almost no poor, or homeless people and almost no crime. (disclaimer: I said almost!)

If the Sinkee's ideas are not heard, then the Sinkee is not shouting loud enough, or his ideas are not good enough (another faster better cheaper option perhaps?)

Dont blame it on the system. Remember the famous saying about the lousy carpenter who blames his tools?

Without FT, who is going to build your HDB flat and keep the void deck clean? How do you get your brand new Honda Civic hand-cleaned for $5?

Terence, will you stop posting already? Obviously, you are a winner. You don't belong here. Shoo! You have much more important things to do than talk to us losers here. Geez, i am sorry for wasting your time.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, I am sorry you have such a poor impression of Singapore. I invite you to San Francisco, and watch the line of homeless people sleeping on the streets, urinating at the entrance of nice condominiums, and lining up for free soup at community run soup kitchens. In SF, I can't even go out and run with my $300 iPhone at night, whilst I can do that with my $900 Nokia N91 at ECP at 1am after I finish work in Singapore and know that I will make it back without getting mugged. Lets face it, Singapore has almost no poor, or homeless people and almost no crime. (disclaimer: I said almost!)

If the Sinkee's ideas are not heard, then the Sinkee is not shouting loud enough, or his ideas are not good enough (another faster better cheaper option perhaps?)

Dont blame it on the system. Remember the famous saying about the lousy carpenter who blames his tools?

Without FT, who is going to build your HDB flat and keep the void deck clean? How do you get your brand new Honda Civic hand-cleaned for $5?

Ha ha those homeless in SF are by choice my friend. Those sinkees who are homeless no choice.

You of all people should know the maths behind the country the size of USA.

What tools? Pappies took away the tools and gave it to cheaper worker la.
Don't kid yourself. Even hawker center wiping cloths are snatched away from the elderly.

By the way, the prices of hdb flats is enough to cover non bangla worker wages. So I do not think money is an issue to us sinkee. Only pappies got issue with money.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terence, will you stop posting already? Obviously, you are a winner. You don't belong here. Shoo! You have much more important things to do than talk to us losers here. Geez, i am sorry for wasting your time.

I agree with you. He should give his ideas to first world citizens and business leaders in his field.

He should also not forget to tell about his view on cheap labour and authoritarian government is the best way to go in creating the best minds and building cheap flats but sold expensively.

The losers comments here is nothing compared to what he will receive overseas.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comparing things like faster visa processing between USA and Sinkapore is downrite stupid.

USA have alot more to protect. Sinkeeland prostitutes itself to any Tom, Dick and Harry.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
oh ok.. didn't read the post properly. swee is sure a winner. Not bad at all.. And very unsinkified as well.

Last edited:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Terence,

After reading your posting I began to feel doubt about the real you unless otherwise proven.

Here the thing I want to ask;

1. You mentioned that you have completed reservist duty 13 cycles, and you have NUS Degree. I believed you are holding senior officer rank in the army, how is that possible you are liable just for 13 cycles not more (If you are an officer).

Plus, as you are CEO and a co-founder, I assumed that your annual income (Excluding whatever allowance you gain) is over $100k, is singapore government willing to pay for your reservist and IPPT salary claim?

Sorry, I'm not in the army, I came from Police force and my appointment is ASP (NS) rank which reservist will end at age of 50 years old.

2. You just registered in SBF this month? Concidence?

3. Engineering student write good english, but yours seem.... "different", perhaps you are indeed fake Terence Swee?

4. The way you described in your posting, its more like someone that I have been fucking before in the SBF forum, in case you really dont know, the nick known as "Division1".

Division1 forummer is a LKY dick blower, the way he blows no one can ever win.

You might want to prove us?

Until then, I give you a benefit of doubt for who you are.
Concidence again? perhaps yes, but not necessarily not.

Just for your info, I have some friends who are in a way associated with Muvee Technologies software industry.

Awaits for your reply.

Regards,
NIssanViP

Last edited:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many video editing products in the market, how are you going to carve out a niche for your company stand out from your competitors?

Do you hire Singaporeans? What's your turnover rate in SGP office? Does the SGP govt have some share in your company?

Why discourage other people? Your pestors and "Goat" taught you that in church every weekend? :eek:

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
TerenceSwee (if this is the real Terence, lol), let's meet up next time I'm over in Cali. US-sbf are usually nice people, and I love the Bay.

terenceswee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TerenceSwee (if this is the real Terence, lol), let's meet up next time I'm over in Cali. US-sbf are usually nice people, and I love the Bay.

Looking forward to meet. You should be able to find my contact details online easily (google/FB/linked). Whilst I am based in SF, I still travel a lot, so I hope I am in town when you swing by.

terenceswee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Terence,

After reading your posting I began to feel doubt about the real you unless otherwise proven.

Here the thing I want to ask;

1. You mentioned that you have completed reservist duty 13 cycles, and you have NUS Degree. I believed you are holding senior officer rank in the army, how is that possible you are liable just for 13 cycles not more (If you are an officer).

Plus, as you are CEO and a co-founder, I assumed that your annual income (Excluding whatever allowance you gain) is over $100k, is singapore government willing to pay for your reservist and IPPT salary claim?

Sorry, I'm not in the army, I came from Police force and my appointment is ASP (NS) rank which reservist will end at age of 50 years old.

2. You just registered in SBF this month? Concidence?

3. Engineering student write good english, but yours seem.... "different", perhaps you are indeed fake Terence Swee?

4. The way you described in your posting, its more like someone that I have been fucking before in the SBF forum, in case you really dont know, the nick known as "Division1".

Division1 forummer is a LKY dick blower, the way he blows no one can ever win.

You might want to prove us?

Until then, I give you a benefit of doubt for who you are.
Concidence again? perhaps yes, but not necessarily not.

Just for your info, I have some friends who are in a way associated with Muvee Technologies software industry.

Awaits for your reply.

Regards,
NIssanViP

NissanVIP, you make me laugh. Perhaps hiding behind the anonymity of the internet does heighten one's cyncism and insecurity eh?

I registered with SBF yesterday only after I saw the thread referencing the SF Business Times article about muvee's setting up of a US team and my moving here to make that happen. I wanted to set the record straight, and that muvee is not "abandoning" Singapore as the title of this thread seems to suggest.

I personally, have no agenda or things to prove, whether its to SBForummers or to Singapore Inc. at large. My duty is to the 60 people who work at muvee (Singapore) and the handful of people we have in Tokyo, Seoul and Silicon Valley, who come in each morning and put their best into our products and the company.

I know its very unfashionable to say so, but I happen to actually be very very proud to be from Singapore. The system has worked, so long as you are hardworking. I am not saying it will work in the US, or anywhere else, but its worked for me, and I am not special. My father dosen't even have 'O' levels, and started as a busboy in a hotel. When I was born, we lived in a rental one room HDB flat in Toa Payoh. My parents managed to put me through (neighbourhood) school, upgraded to larger HDB flats along the way and later put a deposit on a Proton Saga when mom strike a bit of 4D money. (I now share a Mazda3 with my parents)

Since you have connections to muvee, then you can easily verify if this is me :-)

As for whether my england is powderful or not (not sure which you were insinuating) my only excuse is that most of these posts were done at 2am San Francisco time after a 16hr day (which is typical since I cover two timezones here.)

terenceswee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comparing things like faster visa processing between USA and Sinkapore is downrite stupid.

USA have alot more to protect. Sinkeeland prostitutes itself to any Tom, Dick and Harry.

...and we are one of the richest nations in the world, with one of the lowest taxes, violence, crime and terrorist attacks. Did not happen by accident.

terenceswee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alright SBForummers. I am gonna take STUCK_HERE's advice and get the hell out of here. This has been very educational for me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and entertaining my responses. Unless I see something I need to set right for muvee, you should not have to put up with my noises here.

Gotta get back to supporting the 60 people who tries hard everyday to help muvee win.

One last question: if you are so unhappy, what are you doing about it? Last time I checked, bitching about it ain't gonna help.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
NissanVIP, you make me laugh. Perhaps hiding behind the anonymity of the internet does heighten one's cyncism and insecurity eh?

cynicism is totally justified on the internet, like in the world today.

taking cheap shots at people isnt. it tells a lot about your character.

smart and successful people who can rise above usually don't see the flaws in the system.

just remember that not everyone is as smart as you.

hopefully you will not be too smug about it, or you're just another shithead, no matter how successful you may be.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
...and we are one of the richest nations in the world, with one of the lowest taxes, violence, crime and terrorist attacks. Did not happen by accident.

i wonder if you pay any cpf? seeing that you are based in sf.

a valid and interesting question, by the way.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pleased to see you Terence.

Everyone, pls understand that muvee was funded under a business incubator in sinkeepore, and they will look bad if they are "seen" abandoning sinkapore. If I were the CEO I'd say the same things. But right here, I'll opening avow that should I own a company I won't consider the sg market first or set my world HQ here.

As for Terence's views of SF, regardless of whether this is the real McCoy, I'd found that different people have different views of sg policies. In fact most sinkees I know still like coming back here, even after they live in Europe and North America. Most forummers here (incl me) are liberal and hate life in sinkapore, but I think they're a minority in this country.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cynicism is totally justified on the internet, like in the world today.

taking cheap shots at people isnt. it tells a lot about your character.

smart and successful people who can rise above usually don't see the flaws in the system.

just remember that not everyone is as smart as you.

hopefully you will not be too smug about it, or you're just another shithead, no matter how successful you may be.

There is nothing wrong in being successful. When a successful person makes some comments, a slight joke can be seen as anything serious and jealousy source. hiazzzzz....