• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another car, this time a merc, beats red light and rams into 3 taxis

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same place where the ferrari driver killed the taxi driver.

P1-April16-Tues.jpg

Mercedes driver beats traffic light, crashes into three taxis | The New Paper

27667168%20-%2015_04_2013%20-%20etcrash16-001.jpg

TNP PHOTO: BENJAMIN SEETOR

He was taking his passenger to Tanjong Rhu when he stopped on Victoria Street at its junction with Middle Road when the light turned red.

Cabby Daryl Wee, 51, said it was about 8.30pm yesterday when a Mercedes-Benz pulled up in the “turn right” lane beside him.

It then went straight ahead and swerved to extreme left and went across the junction. There were three women crossing the road at that time and fortunately, it did not hit them.

“I said to my passenger, ‘that guy must be drunk’,” recounted Mr Wee whose onboard camera had captured the Mercedes beating the light.

The Mercedes then collided with two other taxis. Unfortunately for Mr Wee, as he was passing the accident scene, the Mercedes appeared of nowhere and slammed into him.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Tuesday (April 16).

https://twitter.com/ChannelNewsAsia/status/323805783718510592/photo/1

BH5jpQsCQAApTL3.jpg:large

From https://twitter.com/coolkid95_wy/status/323775369784209409/photo/1

BH5H-79CMAA-Fxh.jpg:large

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Traffic Accident at Bugis yesterday

The driver is desperate to get out from the scene. Then again, it would be nothing serious as long as money is not an issue. Maybe just a fine for reckless driving?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lx2vdOf18Ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Traffic Accident at Bugis yesterday

How about endangering pedestrians, other road users, passengers on that SBS Bus?
Probably drunk and looking to avoid a breathalyzer test.

And why is Bugis such a popular place for traffic incidents?

Last edited:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rich people face lesser problem... Things that can be settled thru $$$ aren't problem at all...

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope its some stupid ah sia kia driving without license....let's see what happens.....

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rich people face lesser problem... Things that can be settled thru $$$ aren't problem at all...

Lets hope it is not another ChinaBoy like Ma Chi..or else LTA got a lot of work to do,trying to educate these rich scums....

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The driver is likely drunk and/or does not have a licence or has had his licence suspended, and/or is on drugs or is carrying drugs. That's why he is so desperate to get away.

The penalty he gets for hit-and-run is small compared to the penalties he will get for the above offence.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that Merc had rammed into a cyclist, I'm very sure some morons in this forum will still be adamant to say that "it's best to totally ban cyclists on our roads". WTF?

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes i wonder if all those red light cameras are actually real or just empty shells? The government should make a killing of all those people beating red lights here.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

The driver is likely drunk and/or does not have a licence or has had his licence suspended, and/or is on drugs or is carrying drugs. That's why he is so desperate to get away.

The penalty he gets for hit-and-run is small compared to the penalties he will get for the above offence.

I have seen faces of condemned criminals seated 3 aside on a military truck , leaving the court and bring them to the execution grounds.

This happened in Nanking..the message the court is sending to the people...don:t commit crimes or face the same death sentences..

These are young men age 20+ where stealing of some USD7,500 will get u a bullet in the head.

For the reckless driver, the same should be meted out to them...tie them up to their damaged vehicle and parade them at the crash site for all to see their ugly side of their character.

When will the court help to deliever the right message ..???

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

the important thing is, is the driver arrested?

the article never mentioned any of the driver details, so, is he/her arrested?