• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amy Cheong has left S'pore for Perth

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
what Amy wrote is neither "stupid" nor "silly"...

"This confirms what I had long suspected and said: there are deep fault lines in our society, based on race/religion, Her comments reflect a deep seated racist attitude coupled with contempt for those who are less well off, or who wish to spend less."

Referring to a 2002 speech he had made in Parliament, where Mr Shanmugam urged Singaporeans to reflect on the attitudes of non Malays are towards Malays, he added: "We will be a truly civilised society only when we deep in our hearts accept everyone as equal."

Are Malays too sensitive in this case?

Seriously I don't find this is a Chinese-vs-Malay or Malay-vs-Chinese thing.

It's about a stupid woman with no thought filtering process. Even as a Chinese I cringe reading what she wrote for the world to see.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"This confirms what I had long suspected and said: there are deep fault lines in our society, based on race/religion, Her comments reflect a deep seated racist attitude coupled with contempt for those who are less well off, or who wish to spend less."

Referring to a 2002 speech he had made in Parliament, where Mr Shanmugam urged Singaporeans to reflect on the attitudes of non Malays are towards Malays, he added: "We will be a truly civilised society only when we deep in our hearts accept everyone as equal."

In a multi cultural society, there will ALWAYS be faultlines. I am not expecting Malays or Indians to behave like Chinese or vice versa. The key to living in a multi ethnic society is to accept these differences as part of this country's unique culture. It is not easy but we have had years of peaceful and enriching co-existence.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Feel Really Disappointed That Amy Cheong Got Fired From Her Job, A Warning Would Had Been Enough. I Think Those F*ckers Who Intruded Her Privacy Should Be Banned From Facebook. To Be Fair, Part Of Her Statement Is Actually True. Divorce Rates Are High!

Because Numbers Don't Lie, It Been Estimated That Out Of Around 4,000 Muslim Marriages, 70% End Up In Divorce And Out Of 23,000 Non-Muslim Marriages 75% Ends Up In Divorce. That's A Scary Number.

On The Other Hand, She Is Wrong.... There Is Nothing Wrong With Void Deck Events, Maybe The Family Is Poor Or They Just Want To Do It Kampong Style, I Mean Its A F*ckin Wedding Do It The Way You Want! But Given Any Void Deck Event, If It Drags On For Days, Somebody Is Gonna Get Pissed. Nobody Is That Tolerant.

Bottom Line Is, Amy Cheong Is No Racist, Just Simply Arrogant.. So She Dislikes Weddings Under Void Decks.. Is That A Big Deal? Maybe She Dislikes Funerals Under Void Deck.. Theres No Big Deal.. So Why The F*ck Is Every Mother Bastard On Facebook Goin "Fire Amy Cheong" Or "You Dug Your Own Grave Bitch"... Everybody Needs To Grow The F*ck Up And Remember, Its Her F*ckin Facebook Account And You Nosy Degrading F*ckers Are Involved In Her Career Destruction...

Is This What Our Society Has Become? Aren't We Suppose To Educate People Like This About Culture? Rather Then Punishing Them? Won't She Be Racist Towards Malays After The Sack? But I Mean We Won't Care If That Happens Right....

Today We Witness How Shallow Our Society Can Be.. Taking Away Somebody Rice Bowl Because Of Comments Over A F*ckin Poor Mans Wedding.. Congratulations.. "We Are Singapore, Singaporeans" Indeed.. Sing It To The Flag That We Hold So Tightly To Our Hearts... F*ckin Idiots..

Amy Cheong Shouldn't Have Been Fired. Her Comments Weren't Seditious. Our Society Wasn't At The Risk Of Segregation. This Speaks A Lot About Our Society. Everyone Went," Daddy, Daddy. She Called Me Stupid." Then Daddy Did Something.

You Don't Combat A Narrow Mind With A Narrow Solution. Calling For Her Tto Be Fired Was Myopic. A Real Solution Would Be Like The One Used In The Curry Incident. Give Your Neighbour Some Curry. Now If I Had A Wedding, I'd Invite Her.

This Whole Saga Is Retarded. Some Of You Singaporeans Are Obviously Bored As Fuck. Give Me A Nation Worth Protecting.

Joe Chahal

227508_10150184544853145_7104961_n.jpg

http://therealsingapore.com/content/joe-chahals-opinion-amy-cheong-saga

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAHA she will learn the true ozzie way bout being racist. She is now a minority in a red neck country. She will be sideline at her workplace and will have to work in a chinese restaurant or Mcdonalds.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays also like to migrate to Australia. I wonder if these Malays hold noisy wedding outside their house or below their apartment in Australia?

To be honest, property agents and home owners in OZ are reluctant to rent to chinese and indians. I havent heard anything about m&ds from agents in Perth.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
A close collegue of mine who is Ozie and a red neck racist like me told me that OZ is the best place to be if you are a racist. But unfortunately not so good for chinks and keling racist because they are the victims.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why didn't the mata impound her passport since she still has a police case outstanding?

Impounding of passport can only be made upon the order of a judge when the Attorney General has filed a formal charge against her. No formal charge(s) has been filed against her thus far, hence, even the ICA agent at Changi Airport can't stop her from leaving the country.

Now that she's in Perth, she can post as many racist remarks as she wants on her FB account since OZ has freedom of speech provided that she doesn't promote violence in her speech towards a certain race/religion. Making fun or racial slurs against another race/religion are legal. However, if she has any plans to return to Singapore even for visits, she better not make any racist comments again.

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussie will be a better place for freedom of expression. Sinkies do not like liberty

Nobody can touch her now she is in angmoh country.

She can bash as much as she wants without getting all the nonsense bullshit from hypocritical PAP garmen! :biggrin:

Angmoh countries still da best!

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why are you fanning the racial flames? So the malays aren't at fault for being too sensitive? So what do u propose?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You're assuming that the money that he's cashed out has laid dormant under his mattress all these years.

The majority of people don't have an understanding of the concepts of present and future value and the power of compound interest.

I don't know how much pigeon holes have appreciated over the last 20 years but cash in NZ has achieved an annual return of 7% (excluding inflation) over this period which means that $500,000 deposited in the bank will have grown to $2 MILLION over this period.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You watching too many US TV cop shows. The Police can seize her passport and also offer her bail without the person stepping into a court or being charged.

Anyway, it is a minor incident and impounding her passport would be put of proportion.

Impounding of passport can only be made upon the order of a judge when the Attorney General has filed a formal charge against her. No formal charge(s) has been filed against her thus far, hence, even the ICA agent at Changi Airport can't stop her from leaving the country.

Now that she's in Perth, she can post as many racist remarks as she wants on her FB account since OZ has freedom of speech provided that she doesn't promote violence in her speech towards a certain race/religion. Making fun or racial slurs against another race/religion are legal. However, if she has any plans to return to Singapore even for visits, she better not make any racist comments again.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is born in Malaysia but raise in OZ. So she is Aussie

So all this fuss was created by a foreign talent:biggrin:

Not really surprising because the PAP has been pushing a pro foreigner agenda. These foreigners never got the message that they should also adjust to local customs:rolleyes: