• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All schools are good schools? Don't believe that shit.

Taylorshit

Alfrescian
Loyal
images.jpg

By effjaypee

I was from a "branded" girls' school (A), then transferred to a co-ed neighbourhood school (T) in primary 5.

It was a huge culture shock to be honest. I realized there were glaring differences in the way students in A behave compared to T. I personally felt that girls from A conducted themselves in a somewhat "high SES" manner, like there was some form of "polish" applied to the manner in which they acted and carried themselves. However in T, people there were just... rowdy as f***. Many adopted the "aiya aiya DON'T CARE LA" attitude towards most things. I remembered the very first day I stepped into T, I was literally taken aback by the badly vandalized tables, dirty floors, rusty windows etc.... it was akin to a blasphemy as this would absolutely have NEVER occurred in A. My classmates shouting "EH BANGLA" from the 4th floor which echoed down to the HDB carpark, carving their names on desks..... I was speechless.

In A, I was just an average student with very average grades. However, when I transferred to T, I kept topping classes without much effort and eventually topped the entire level in certain subjects as well. Classmates in T were like, "Eh did you pass? did you pass?" and for me I was like, what do you mean "pass"? Just a "pass" aka 50/100 was never acceptable given where I came from previously. Like in A, we never ever discussed who passed, it was more like, did you score an A? Even when I got a 65/100 in A I'd be very upset, much less anything lower than that. But yeah, when it came to grades, I sensed that expectations were not as high in T as compared to A.

This brings me to the point whereby our ministers claim that "ALL SCHOOLS ARE GOOD SCHOOOOLS" no. No. NO. Don't believe that shit. For someone who has experienced both extremes, the environment you study in and the people you hang out with shapes you. Now I'm not trying to say that neighbourhood schools are bad. There are always stuff about them which are certainly better, such as the kampong spirit and strength of bonding among students. NOT FORGETTING THE DEDICATED TEACHERS. I also felt that the teachers in T were more passionate about teaching and genuinely concerned about the well-being of their students as compared to A. When I was in A, all I remembered was that the teacher flung my workbook across the floor for some reason I can't recall HAHA.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/all-schools-are-good-schools-dont.html

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ruling partie MPees should send their kids to schools in the GRCees that erected them. Put money where their mouth is. Such a drag to claim you care for the poor constitency, visit their schools when your brats goto elite schools in Bukit Timah

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol, 70% sinkies fon know even teachers in neighbour schools are consider outcast,lol, so to make sinkies children dumb n don hv smart brain,so will vote fir pap,in this world when rulers are not intelligent they must make sure the citizens n their descendants must be brought up dumb,lol

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP spends more money on elite schools than normal schools as their children gets to be in these classes.
The rest will get serf education directed to become serf employees.