• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A woman still needs a man

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of the men really believe that a man must never hit a woman under all circumstances. Also, a few of them are deeply invested in the 'turn the other cheek' philosophy. :wink:
I remembered whacking a very cocky girl in class on the head with my textbook during my secondary school days right in front of the teacher, and many female classmates thanked me afterwards in private because they also buay tahan her. From then on I became popular with them....One of them became so friend with me that she passed me my very first X-rated video tape. :sneaky:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
She told The Straits Times yesterday that she had recently renewed her contract to continue as adviser and wants to continue to serve "until age 113. I expect to live till 118. I worked on human resource, finance and the core business, which is what made us successful".
Is that why I am consistently not impressed with the service levels at The Hour Glass? Knn these clowns only talk and put ppl in interest lists of limited watches for fun. Never bother to call one la.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Jannie Chan starts jail term for contempt​

Hour Glass co-founder Jannie Chan knew she was in contempt by sending out the e-mails, said the court.

Hour Glass co-founder Jannie Chan knew she was in contempt by sending out the e-mails, said the court.
selinalum.png

Selina Lum
Law Correspondent

SEP 10, 2019

Prominent businesswoman Jannie Chan started serving a two-week jail term for contempt of court yesterday after losing her appeal against an order for the sentence, imposed in 2017, to take effect.
During the hearing, the 74-year-old, who argued her own case, spoke of grievances against her former husband Henry Tay, with whom she co-founded luxury watch retailer The Hour Glass. She also stressed that she was a divorced woman and was suffering from depression.
Dr Tay started contempt proceedings against her after she flouted a court order that restrained her from defaming and harassing him by sending out e-mails. The recipients included ministers, employees and her grandchildren's school teachers.
Yesterday, the Court of Appeal dismissed her arguments, saying that two weeks' jail was "rather lenient", given her "total and continued disregard for and defiance of the court's order".
Judge of Appeal Tay Yong Kwang said that despite the fact that Chan was depressed and distressed by her problems, she knew she was in contempt by sending out the e-mails. "It has been emphasised to her over and over again that this 'non-legal' route was in fact an unlawful one and that she should stop her destructive actions," said the court, which also comprised Justices Belinda Ang and Quentin Loh.
"Her recalcitrant conduct was persistent and pernicious despite the many opportunities given to her to simply stop."

After her appeal was dismissed, Chan blamed her former husband for using "legal technicalities" against her. "My daughter is in jail. I'm happy to go to jail," she said, referring to the 22-month prison term imposed on Audrey Tay May Li, 45, for drug charges last October.

Dr Tay and Chan ended their 41-year marriage in 2010. He sued her in 2014 for sending 1,265 e-mails that he said harassed him or were defamatory. The lawsuit was settled in 2016, and Chan was ordered to stop harassing and defaming Dr Tay. But she persisted in flouting the order.
Dr Tay then took out contempt proceedings against her, the third time he had taken such legal action. He dropped the case the first time after she apologised, and she was fined $30,000 the second time.
In 2017, the High Court sentenced Chan to two weeks' jail, but suspended the sentence for a year, on the condition that she stop flouting the order and attend monthly psychiatric sessions. She breached the conditions, resulting in the court lifting the suspension in April last year.
I thought she had a 小白脸 keeping her company as well, probably suck her dry and left her

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man got $2k from convicted 'Ferrari woman' after claiming he could help make her prison life 'easier'​

mi_shikayee_100122_0.jpg

Shi Ka Yee gave the man $2,000 in cash on Oct 19, 2018, before she started serving her sentence six days later. PHOTO: ST FILE
shaffiq_alkhatib.png

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Court Correspondent

JAN 10, 2022

SINGAPORE - A man told an elderly woman, who was sentenced to six weeks' jail in 2018 over offences including those linked to her Ferrari, that he had contacts who could help ensure her life behind bars would be easier.
The woman, Shi Ka Yee, then 73, fell for Francis Ng Wee Keng's untruths and gave him $2,000 in cash on Oct 19 that year before she started serving her sentence six days later.
On Oct 28, 2018, the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) found out about what Ng had done, and he pleaded guilty in a district court last week.
He is expected to be sentenced on Jan 18.
The 48-year-old Singaporean admitted to six charges, including graft and house trespass to commit theft.
Court documents do not state if Shi, a retired interior designer, has been dealt with in court over this graft case.
She made the headlines earlier for committing a string of offences including punching a motorist after he refused to let her Ferrari pass in 2014.

The following year, she trapped a worker in the bucket of a crane.
In 2016, she stopped her car in the middle of Orchard Road, causing a jam after another motorist sounded his horn at her.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Magdalene Huang said: "Her case was widely published by the local newspapers and (Ng) read about her offences and the criminal proceedings against her when he was serving his sentence in prison some time in the middle of 2018."

He was later released from prison and contacted Shi in early October 2018.
They met in a hotel and he told her that he knew some prison officers who could "look out" for her when she served her sentence.
The prosecutor added: "The truth was that the accused did not know any prison officer personally who could help Shi. The accused and Shi then exchanged contact numbers.
"(Between Oct 8 and 17, 2018), the accused updated Shi about the favours he had done for her, such as calling and speaking to the Commissioner of Prison about her case and arranging for Shi to meet up with two senior female prison officers, which he admitted to the CPIB were lies."
Later that month, Ng sent Shi messages via WhatsApp to ask for cash so that he could "entertain prison officers in order to build rapport with them".
He claimed that he could tell them to help ensure her life behind bars would be "easier", that she could keep her hair long and that she would not get bullied by other inmates.

The court heard that she passed him $2,000 on Oct 19, 2018, and he used the money for personal expenses. She started serving her sentence on Oct 25 that year.
In an unrelated case, Ng entered a man's home in Jalan Sultan near Beach Road in December 2019 and made off with $650 in cash.
A closed-circuit television camera caught him getting into the unit and the victim alerted the police.
Officers raided Ng's home on Jan 3, 2020, and he was found to be in possession of items including multiple pieces of jewellery.
The prosecutor said these were "reasonably suspected" of being stolen and he "failed to account satisfactorily" how he got hold of them.
For graft, an offender can be jailed up to five years and fined up to $100,000.
For house trespass to commit theft, an offender can be jailed up to seven years.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Celest Chong Is Single Again After Divorcing Her Canadian Husband; Says Women Don’t Need A Man To Be Considered “Worthy”​

The Toronto-based actress’ last role in Singapore was in 2009 Mediacorp drama Your Hand in Mine.
1.5-min read
Tammi Tan

BY TAMMI TAN
24 NOV 2021 20:00

celest chong 1
If you were a fan of local entertainment in the noughties, you would probably remember Celest Chong, the sultry model-singer-actress who left the Singapore showbiz scene — and Singapore itself — to marry her Canadian husband in 2012.

Actually, it turns out that he’s her Canadian ex-husband now, as she recently confessed to local Chinese media outlets.

However, Celest, who was the star of 2001 Mediacorp drama You Light Up My Life and whose last project here was 2009 long-form drama Your Hand in Mine, declined to share more details about the relationship, such as when they divorced and why.
When asked if she is open to finding love again, Celest, who has been based in Toronto for almost 10 years, laughed and said that she is perfectly happy living with her two pet dogs.

1/3
celest chong 2
Celest Chong did a number of steamy swimsuit shoots back in the day

2/3
celest chong 3 data
She was also in Ch 5 drama Red Thread in 2009
Celest also got candid about her views on marriage while giving an interview on Mediacorp’s Capital 958, saying: “It’s quite unfair ‘cos many people still think that if a woman over 30 is unmarried and has no children, then her life is ‘finished’ and she can no longer sing or pursue her dreams.”
“A woman doesn’t have to be loved by a man her whole life in order to be considered ‘worthy’ of being ‘human’,” she continued. “If a man stops loving us, that does that mean our life is over? That’s actually a huge deception.”
“I don’t believe women should be affected by these old mindsets and just take control of their own lives and ideas, and not let all their hard work go to waste.”

3/3
celest chong 4 data
Preach, sister
In other news, Celest lamented about being homesick and really missing Singapore, which she used to visit three times a year before the pandemic.
Leaving a shoutout to her fans, she said: “Singapore will always be my home and Singaporean fans will always be my family. The support and encouragement that they have given me is so important, and I wouldn’t be as strong or be doing as well without them, so thank you very much.”
Unlike other erstwhile local TV stars who have moved overseas and mostly stayed away from continuing their showbiz career, Celest has still been busy dabbling in both acting and singing.
In addition to making music, she has made guest appearances in two superhero serials, Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy and DC Comics adaptation Titans.
She recently picked up Best Actress at the inaugural Great Canadian Sci-Fi Film Festival for her role in short film Moore’s Void.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was the divorce a major contribution to her depression?

Elderly Ferrari driver's depression not a contributing factor to her committing assault: Judge​

Shi Ka Yee (above), 72, was convicted of assaulting a BMW driver Raphael Chong Yen Ping on Aug 17, 2017. Mr Chong was left with a cut above his right eyebrow.
Nope. Its the lack of cash flow.
Husband would not have left if she did not nag about monetary problems everyday.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Egg freezing carries risks and has social implications​

Apr 8, 2022

The recent policy change to allow elective egg freezing has stirred up mixed emotions in me, as I have personally benefited from it and also suffered its risks (Singapore to allow women, including singles, to freeze their eggs for non-medical reasons, March 28).
Where I live in San Francisco, egg freezing is common, as it is often offered as a work benefit.
Under-regulated and lucrative, egg freezing has led to many unintended consequences that I hope my experience can shed light on.
Disease and divorce derailed my motherhood plans. By my mid-30s, facing declining fertility, being single and with a medical condition that made pregnancy unsafe most of the time, I decided on egg freezing when my employer offered it.
While egg freezing has prolonged women's fertility, it also prolonged "mendolescence" - when men realise they can date longer before committing to marriage.
After feeling strung along in a few unsuccessful relationships, I learnt that it is not just about meeting Mr Right - Mr Right also has to be Mr Right, soon.
I did meet and marry him and we, with a large team of professionals, are trying to fulfil our baby dreams.

Sadly, botched egg freezing also left me infertile.
The fertility clinics here are oversubscribed due to the high demand. Unlike my first successful egg retrieval attempt, my second round was not accompanied by post-operative antibiotics.
I came down with a pelvic infection and lost my right ovary and fallopian tube after several surgical operations.
Egg freezing remains an invasive procedure with serious risks that should not be taken lightly.
Thus age is an important consideration. For someone too young, its risks may not be worth the marginal benefit; for someone too old, she risks extracting many more eggs for a successful birth, if at all.
Lastly, this is not solely a woman's responsibility.
While we strive for gender equality, the reality is that fertility treatments put unequal burdens and risks on women.
Normalising egg freezing may expose women to unnecessary harm, and should not be considered as an option of first resort.
Despite my ordeal, I am very grateful to have had access to egg freezing, but most of all, to have a very decent husband who accepts me as I am and stepped up to be Mr Right soon enough.

Low Yen Sia

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam Shi Ka Yee seems badly affected by her divorce hence at times her violent eccentric behaviour. I'm sure who ever can make this rich Lau Kway Bu happy and help cure her of her depression, that chap will be set for life.
The problem is getting an erection when it’s time for you to get banged by her. How the fuck does one get a hardon with that?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Market rigger John Soh called involvement with Quah Su-Ling a '10-year-old infrastructure'​

ac_panie_080522.jpg

John Soh Chee Wen and Quah Su-Ling clicked despite their disparate backgrounds. PHOTO: ST FILE
graceleong.png

Grace Leong
Senior Business Correspondent

MAY 8, 2022

SINGAPORE - He was the son of a shopkeeper in a rubber estate, while she came from old money in Malaysia.
In contrast to John Soh Chee Wen's relatively humble beginnings, Quah Su-Ling was from one of the old wealthy Penang families with her own network of ultra high net worth individuals stretching across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong, according to The Edge Singapore.
But despite their disparate backgrounds, the two had clicked.
They met in Jakarta in 2001 or 2002, thanks to her distant cousin, Tamin Sjafei, a "comical, boisterous character who was everywhere", Soh, 62, testified during trial, and entered into a relationship about a decade later, around 2012 to 2013, after his wife died.
On May 5, the pair were convicted over manipulating the share prices of Blumont Group, Asiasons Capital and LionGold Corp - known collectively as BAL - between August 2012 and October 2013, through a web of 187 trading accounts held with 20 financial institutions in the names of 58 individuals and companies.
The 194-day trial helped shed light on the duo's modus operandi - how they monitored, managed, and coordinated the many moving pieces of their elaborate scheme. That they were convicted on all the market manipulation and cheating charges, and a majority of 162 deception charges is significant.
Soh had testified in trial that he was impressed by Quah's "very strong views on many things", according to The Edge Singapore.

Her "pet peeve", according to Soh, were directors or CEOs of money-losing companies who paid themselves handsomely and with many perks. "She was one of the first original shareholders' activists," Soh said in the report.
He was also wowed by Quah, 57, after he convinced her to take his side in a takeover battle.
"As the hostilities went on, we had to have people with some people skills to start calling shareholders - even those you don't know - to try to get their proxies. And that's how I came to know her well. She was very good at winning people over to the cause she was selling," Soh said in The Edge Singapore's report.

By the time they became a couple, she was already separated from her husband, while Soh's wife had died.
Soh was also in a relationship with another woman Adeline Cheng Jo-Ee, while being involved with Quah, the report said.

Ms Cheng had said she was "unhappy" to be "in a love triangle with Soh and Quah" because she "felt Soh preferred Quah to her", the report said.
But in a recorded conversation between Soh and Ms Cheng, Soh described his involvement with Quah as a "10-year-old infrastructure", the prosecution said during trial.
"The core of the case is about a network. It's an entire infrastructure of numerous trading accounts set up to create a false market in BAL shares. There is overwhelming evidence that (Soh and Quah) were in control of a vast network of nominee accounts," the prosecution said.
The prosecution argued that the pair drew on personal and business relationships to control trading accounts belonging to family, friends, associates and companies related to them, and "exploited contra trading to serve their nefarious ends".
Among the nominee account holders were Ms Cheng, Soh's two sons, Quah's mother, her brother-in-law, and former independent director at Annica Holdings and ITE Electric Goh Hin Calm.
Goh, who helped to manage the finances, among other things, pleaded guilty to abetting Soh and Quah in the scheme and was sentenced to three years' jail in 2019.

Just who is John Soh?
He has been described as a tycoon, corporate bigwig and dealmaker, and was once one of Malaysia's biggest stock market investors. His fortunes soared in 1996 from a partnership with Mr Ling Hee Liong, son of former Malaysian transport minister and former Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) president Ling Liong Sik. They subsequently fell out.
He started out as a salesman and claimed to have made his first million at the age of 22.
Soh later cut his teeth on restructuring troubled companies and went on to build several companies in construction and hospitality.
Formerly a top member of the MCA, Soh had been linked to listed Malaysian entities, including Promet and Kelanamas Industries, most of which went under during the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis.
Prior to his conviction in Singapore, Soh had been convicted in Malaysia.
In 1998, Malaysia's Securities Commission launched an investigation into whether Soh used nominees to gain control of brokerage firm Omega Securities, violating a Malaysian law that forbids anyone from owning more than one brokerage without government approval. He already controlled at least one other brokerage.
In 1999, there was an arrest warrant put out on him, when he was out of the country.
He returned to Malaysia in 2002 and was arrested. Charged and convicted in 2007, Soh admitted to abetting former TA Securities boss Tiah Thee Kian to provide false statements to the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange involving shares of Omega Securities in 1997. He was given the maximum fine of RM6 million.
Nearly a decade after his conviction in Malaysia, Soh was probed by Singapore authorities for his "significant role" in the penny stock crash.
In a January 2016 interview with The Straits Times, he said he has "survived worse", after news broke that he was assisting with investigations.
Soh, who has been in remand since November 2016, declined to comment after the verdict.

About the case​

Malaysian John Soh Chee Wen and his girlfriend Quah Su-Ling, the masterminds of Singapore’s most serious case of market manipulation that wiped out more than $8 billion from the stock market in October 2013, were convicted on 349 counts of market manipulation, deception and cheating financial institutions.
High Court judge Hoo Sheau Peng on Thursday found Soh guilty of 180 charges of the 188 he was facing, while Quah was convicted on 169 charges of 177 she faced.
The verdict came after 194 days of trial over the past three years, with close to 100 prosecution witnesses giving testimony. Both were acquitted of eight deception charges.
Their sentencing will take place at a later date.
The pair were convicted of manipulating the share prices of Blumont Group, Asiasons Capital and LionGold Corp – known collectively as BAL – between August 2012 and October 2013, through a web of 187 trading accounts held with 20 financial institutions.
The accounts were in the names of 58 individuals and companies.
The duo manipulated the market and price of BAL shares by controlling and using the 187 trading accounts to make thousands of manipulative trades in each of the three stocks.
“In particular, the trades between the controlled accounts were conducted to generate artificial liquidity and demand for these shares, to cause the (BAL) share prices to rise over time,” the police said.
They revealed that during investigations, the authorities raided over 50 locations, interviewed more than 70 people and went through more than two million e-mails and half a million trade orders.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She is more educated than her husband and that is okay for more couples in S'pore​

sv_education_150722.jpg

A total of 5,157 women who wed last year had higher educational qualifications than their grooms. PHOTO ILLUSTRATION: PEXELS
theresa_tan.png

Theresa Tan
Senior Social Affairs Correspondent

July 20, 2022

SINGAPORE - Patricia is a university graduate who earns about three times more than her husband, an army regular with a diploma.
She holds a highly specialised professional job, which she declines to name, that pays her well. Both of them are 36-years-old.
Patricia (not her real name) said the difference between their educational levels and income was not a concern at all for her.
"Our chemistry is more important. It's how we click and hit it off. If you want true love, you have to look past these superficial things," she said.
"I think people have this impression that if you are not a graduate, you are not smart, but my husband is very intelligent, reads a lot and can hold a good conversation."
The couple, who met through a dating app, tied the knot last month after dating for five years.
Like Patricia, more women here are marrying men who are less educated than them.

A total of 5,157 women who wed last year had higher educational qualifications than their grooms, an 8 per cent increase from the 4,768 such women who tied the knot in 2011.
The share of marriages involving a woman who is better educated than her husband was 18.2 per cent of all marriages last year, up from 17.5 per cent in 2011.
Meanwhile, fewer grooms are better educated than their wives.

The proportion of grooms with brides who have less education than them fell from 16.3 per cent of marriages in 2011 to 12.3 per cent last year.
Of the men who married last year, 3,479 of them have higher educational qualifications than their wives - 22 per cent fewer than the 4,445 men who wed in 2011.
However, most couples have similar educational levels. Some 69.5 per cent of couples who wed last year fell into this category, up from 66.2 per cent in 2011.

The Department of Statistics highlighted the educational differential at marriage in the Statistics on Marriages and Divorces 2021 report published on July 6.
Singapore Management University sociology professor Paulin Straughan explained that under a patriarchal system, it was more acceptable for a woman to marry a man who is more educated, more established in his career or who has a higher socioeconomic status than herself - which is known as marrying up.
And the men - who are traditionally the head of the household and breadwinner - would typically marry a woman of equal or lower educational levels than themselves. But gender roles and expectations are changing, she noted.
She said: "But now we see the gap closing as women are more educated, more capable and women don't need to marry to gain social mobility."

Other experts interviewed said the number of female university graduates rose significantly in the past decade and half of the resident population aged 25 and older with university qualifications last year are women.
This has led to more men marrying a woman with similar educational levels and fewer men with a less educated wife, they pointed out.
However, educational qualifications may not necessarily be a good indicator of income and that income is still a key concern for Singaporeans while selecting partners, those interviewed pointed out.
Ms Alicia Boo, principal counsellor at Focus on the Family Singapore, said couples often share that their complementarity in personalities, values, future aspirations and outlook on life are key factors for their choice of partner, rather than their educational levels.
Ms Teo Seok Bee, deputy group head at Touch Community Services, said that as women are more educated and liberated, many couples no longer subscribe to traditional gender roles and views about family life.
She said: "There is greater openness and acceptance of women as an equal and valued partner in all aspects of life, be it in relationships, education or workplaces.
"This changing trend is likely to give way to greater openness and acceptance of an egalitarian relationship between the husband and wife where both will be joint providers, decision-makers, parents and disciplinarians et cetera."

As for Patricia, she said the older generation cares a lot more about a woman marrying up, but not so for the younger crowd.
She comes from a wealthy upper-class family, while her husband joined the workforce after earning a diploma to support his family.
While Patricia's businessman father and housewife mother did not explicitly object to their marriage, she could sense their concerns about the disparity in their social-economic backgrounds. But in the end, her parents gave their blessings.
She said: "I made it very clear to my parents that this is the guy I want to marry."
Her husband's family is supportive of their union, even though her mother-in-law once told her husband he would be less stressed if he married someone of the same socio-economic status.
But their socio-economic status differences do not bother her husband, she said.
"He is confident and not someone who really cares what others think of him. People always say he is so lucky to have met me, but they don't know his worth," she said, adding that her husband is now pursuing a degree in psychology.
The couple split the household bills 50-50, but Patricia says she would not mind paying for a larger share such as for their future children's education since she earns more money.
"The most important thing in a successful marriage is respect and communication - which is far more important than socio-economic status. And respect is earned, it is not a given," she said.
"I have seen people with similar socio-economic status who are unhappily married or their marriages don't work out. So what is the point?"

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's a hawker, she's a director of a PR firm, but love triumphs over this couple's differences​

ac_pairmet_200722.jpg

The pair met while both were working part-time at a bar - he was the bartender, while she was the cashier. ST PHOTO: EUGENE GOH
theresa_tan.png

Theresa Tan
Senior Social Affairs Correspondent

July 20, 2022

SINGAPORE - For Mr Lee Yong Wen, a hawker, and Ms Shazlin Shamsudin, a director in a public relations firm, love triumphs over the differences in their backgrounds.
Ms Shamsudin , 31, is a graduate while her 30-year-old husband is not.
She has a sociology degree from the Nanyang Technological University, while Mr Lee's highest qualification is a diploma in psychology from the Management Development Institute of Singapore.
Neither was their race an issue in their nine-year-long romance.
He is Chinese, while she is Malay.
Mr Lee, who runs three hawker stalls selling noodles and Mookata with his partners, said: "We are extremely lucky as my parents are very open and accepting."
Ms Shamsudin said her family is very supportive of their union too.

The pair met while both were working part-time at a bar - he was the bartender, while she was the cashier.
She said: "We can definitely click. He is very real and not pretentious and I appreciate that about him. Our life goals are also aligned."
Mr Lee describes his wife as someone whom he finds easy to talk to and a woman who "shares the same frequency" as him.

The couple wanted to build their careers first, before tying the knot last month after dating for nine years.
Mr Lee went into hawking in 2018 as he wants to run his own business instead of being a salaried worker. He used to manage the operations in a bar.
His income is unstable, given the vagaries in the food business, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic, but he says he earns "a bit" less than his wife.
The pair contributes whatever they can each afford to their joint bank account every month, which they tap to pay household bills.
He said: "I'm not a calculative person. It's very tiring being calculative."
ac_pairmetx2_200722.jpg

Ms Shazlin Binte Shamsudin, a director in a public relations firm, and Mr Lee Yong Wen, a hawker, with their cat Toro. ST PHOTO: EUGENE GOH
Ms Shamsudin said she is not bothered by their difference in educational level or income as she doesn't compare herself with her husband.
Mr Lee added: "In this day and age, how much we earn and our race are irrelevant. At the end of the day, it's about being happy."
But one question Mr Lee is often asked is this: Did he convert to Islam to marry Ms Shamsudin?
His answer is no.
Ms Shamsudin said: "I'm not a religious person, so one of the first things we talked about (when we were dating) is that if we marry, it will be a civil marriage."
"I'm really very thankful that people are now more accepting of differences in race, religion and educational levels. I'm glad things have changed for the better," she added.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When woman start screaming,all hell break loose.

Screaming ones are okay, they seldom bear grudges. They prefer to hash out any differences and move on.

Beware the silent, plotting, conniving ones. The so-called 'shy shy' types. :sneaky:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A woman needs a man to nag. Otherwise, life is meaningless.

'I just wanted her to keep quiet,' says S'porean on trial in UK for suffocating wife with pillow​

sv_husbandwife_020822.jpg

Fong Soong Hert said he had "no memory whatsoever" and had diminished responsibility for allegedly killing his wife. PHOTO: ALEXIS FONG
jean_iau_0.png

Jean Iau

AUG 3, 2022,

SINGAPORE - A 51-year-old Singaporean accused of murdering his wife in a hotel while on holiday in Britain last year is said to have suffocated her with a pillow after she nagged at him.
Fong Soong Hert denied murdering Madam Pek Ying Ling, 51, and the jury in Newcastle Crown Court heard on Monday (Aug 1) that he had "no memory whatsoever of the killing but accepts that he must have placed a pillow over his wife's face and smothered her to death".
Prosecutor Peter Makepeace, in his opening note, said Madam Pek was unhappy with Fong as he continued to smoke while he was unwell on their trip and refused to go to hospital despite repeatedly falling.
Madam Pek was pronounced dead at the County Aparthotel in Newcastle at 7.32am on Dec 6, 2021.
The Straits Times earlier reported that the couple, who had been married for 27 years, have three adult sons in their 20s.
ST understands that at least one of their sons is currently in Newcastle for the trial.
The Newcastle Crown Court heard that at about 7.10am on Dec 6, Fong called their eldest son, then 26, who was studying in a university in Newcastle.

He told his son he had hurt his mother and added: "She's gone. She's dead. I just lost it. I tried to cover her mouth to shush her. I just lost it."
Mr Makepeace said the son sent his father several text messages advising him to stay put and wait for him and the police.
Fong replied that he was sorry and wanted to die.

When his son tried to reassure him that it was OK, Fong replied, "Not OK, I love your mum."
The couple had earlier returned from the hospital on the night of Dec 5, after Fong had fallen and an ambulance was called.
Closed-circuit television footage taken from the hotel shows them entering their room at 12.17am on Dec 6. Neither of them left the room until the police arrived the next morning.
Madam Pek's last message was sent to their son at 1.22am.

During police questioning, Fong said: "I just wanted her to keep quiet."
He has denied murdering Madam Pek but pleaded guilty to manslaughter, arguing that he did not intend to kill her or cause her really serious bodily harm.
The prosecutor told the court that there was no known history of violence between the couple but that according to one son, Madam Pek was known to scold her husband.
Fong had injured himself in a fall during their stay on Isle of Skye, an island off the coast of Scotland, and visited a hospital.
He fell several times after that in Newcastle, which led to Madam Pek "scolding him for not taking care of himself", said the prosecutor.
Mr Makepeace told the court that Fong may have knelt on his wife's shoulders during the attack to achieve the required force to kill her.
Madam Pek was found by emergency services lying with her legs hanging over the bottom of the bed and a pillow over her face.

ST reported earlier that the couple left Singapore on Oct 24 last year and travelled to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, Croatia and Scotland, before arriving in Newcastle, where they met their eldest son on Dec 3 that year.
The couple watched a football match between Newcastle United and Burnley, their youngest son told ST in an exclusive interview.
They had planned to meet their second and youngest sons during their trip, which would have concluded in Germany on Jan 13.
Family members ST spoke to earlier described the couple as very loving.
The trial started on Monday and is expected to conclude next Tuesday.