• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Tribute To Good Old Forum Banter

jw5

Loyal
GMS likes eggs. :coffee::wink::tongue:

Goh Meng Seng

7 h ·

When I was very young, I have learned that eggs are very nutritious because eggs have all the basic fundamental nutrients and vitamins for a new life to be formed. Egg Yolks contain the most nutrients and vitamins needed for the formulation of a new born life!

However when I got older, the public narrative started to change and blame eggs for "high cholesterol" and the "Experts" started to "caution" us about Egg Yolks which they claimed to have very "high cholesterol"!

People started to eat eggs WITHOUT the egg yolks but only egg white!

I resisted such trend because I find all these BAD narratives about egg yolks nonsensical.

I love eating eggs since young, sometimes up to 8 eggs per day! I have absolutely no problem with eggs except that eggs are getting more expensive and smaller in size.

Only in recent years, some experts started to talk about the good of eggs and encourage people to take 2 eggs per day. New narrative on good and bad cholesterols are also made public. However this is not widely publicized.

Always trust your own body. Your body will tell you what is good or bad for you.

419104664_10228797424173615_8649861103881362323_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS wants us to be happier. :coffee::wink::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

20 h ·

Straits Time isn't that straight forward in its reporting!

In its FB it wrote "Self Reported well-being fell across 15 life domains measured, including relationships, health and household income", but the title of its news article, it tries to mitigate the negative impact by saying "Singaporeans less happy, but those with balanced approach to life more satisfied"!

What's the reality?

The following is the "happiness index" chart published in ZaoBao which was missing in ST corresponding report!

Under PM Lee HL's leadership, happiness indexes have dropped DRASTICALLY since 2011!

"Life Enjoyment" reduced from 75.7 to 42.5, that's 44% reduction!

"Sense of achievement" dropped by a drastic 56% from 65.8 to 29.6!

"Sense of Happiness" dropped by whopping 60% from 69 to 27.6!!!

All these point to one simple fact, Singaporeans' Quality of Life has dropped DRASTICALLY over the decade of PAP Rule under the leadership of PM Lee HL!

418443542_10228799876754928_6819787054496402280_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS is curious. :unsure::coffee::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

8 h ·

I am curious about the public view of this SimplyGo app and take a look at its reviews in Google Play.

It doesn't look good at all. For some, the app crashes often! What if the server keeps crashing when all people are forced to use it?

Would it mean that the whole public transport network will come to a standstill of chaos?

419591695_10228818927751191_6908182435619298785_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS explains what is wrong. :coffee::wink::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

1 d ·

Do you know what's wrong with this illustration?

Let me go through the contradictions:

1) LTA claims that it's "expensive" to maintain multiple platforms but the truth is, even after 1 June, the public transport system is still maintaining 3 cards usage, aka Simply Go, Nets Prepaid and contactless Visa or bank cards!

2) LTA owns 2 cards aka SimplyGo & EZ link cards. Even after 1 June, Both cards are still functional but EZ can only be used for ERP and carpark! That's a total regression to the past when Nets Cash Card was first pushed out! Most importantly, since Transitlink still runs the two systems for the two cards, what "cost savings" are they talking about?

3) If it's about cost saving, a wallet cards like SimplyGo will need the system to check with the backend server on the availability of funds in the card before users can gain entry while store value cards can show that value instantly. So I wonder how can managing such a simpler system more expensive than the wallet card system?

4) The reason why EZ link card and Nets Flash are the only cards usable for ERP and carpark is precisely because they do not need instant verification of value via network to the backend servers! Those Wallet cards can't be used basically because it will be too expensive and technically challenging for ERP and carpark systems to conduct immediate instant connection for verification.

I really don't know what's going on here. Seriously, something is not right with such decision to replace EZ link and Nets Flash with SimplyGo.

As you can see from the illustration, both EZ link and Nets Flash are the most convenient cards for interchangeability of usage in all three domains currently. PAP gov is really regressive!

420162028_10228826229613733_360564708191757490_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS analyses the plot. :coffee::wink::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

20 h ·

The plot thickens.

According to Iswaran's charge sheet, he took OBS Private Jet fly to Doha, stay one night there in Four Seasons Hotel, then took a Business Class (commercial flight) to fly back Singapore!

He was a full fledged Minister getting highest salary in the world! Was he on leave or holiday or flying on weekend?

Was he on official trip? Why would he need to fly out of Singapore in a private plane while flying back on a commercial plane?

This trip is really unusual. It doesn't sound like an official trip and it doesn't look like a private holiday trip as well... Travel 8hrs to Qatar on private jet just to spend 1 night there and then fly back on commercial flight? That can't really be some holiday.

Most intriguing part is that this trip was fully sponsored by OBS!

420540743_10228832029278721_1893309219669123390_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS asks for some support. :coffee::wink::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

茶天下 Good Tea Alliance

We are finally up in action at Century Square!

Besides our Premium Akbar & Tudor Loose Leaf tea, we are now introducing the special selection of Taiwanese Oolong Tea for this festive season of CNY!

Tea Tasting is available!

Come down support us and bring back a load of Tea Goodness!

We will be here at Century Square till 4 Feb 2024.

421842812_10228850673424813_1941176350857707954_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS makes a few very pointed remarks about Chee Hong. :coffee::wink::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

4 d ·

Chee Hong Tat's "apology", apologizes on behalf of MOT & LTA but wait, wasn't he in charge of MOT aka Ministry of Transport? And LTA is under MOT?

Why he talks as if he is talking of a ministry which is not under him?

He should have said, "I have discussed your concerns and feedback with my team in MOT and LTA ... etc" instead of "I have discussed....with MOT and LTA... etc"

He talks as if he is not responsible of the decision to force people to switch to SimplyGo! He apologizes "on behalf of MOT and LTA" but not for himself?!

As if it's"MOT and LTA made a terrible mistake" but he is just a bystander? He is the Minister of Transport for goodness sake! Whatever faults or mistakes MOT and LTA have made, he will be the one who will be ultimately responsible!

Did PM Lee say he "apologize on behalf of the Covid Committee" or "the government" when they made a U Turn on Universal Masking?

Really cannot make it!

421825735_10228851832173781_5071804398472218600_n.jpg