• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, raw onions taste nice and spicy! i love the breath stopping portion, something like eating wasabi.

in my opinion, raw bean sprouts taste yucks! i always ask for no bean sprouts in every dish. cooked ones are ok.
have, have. i can arrange for tow gay with giam hee (salted fish). :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a typical mobile som tam stall. taken outside my new office.

20130206_155311_zps9b156d28.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20130206_181356_zps217d0605.jpg
traditional deep fryer versus new air fryer. who win?

20130206_181710_zps490e9eed.jpg

hehehe. visit me in sin city to find out and taste the difference.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
traditional deep fryer versus new air fryer. who win?

hehehe. visit me in sin city to find out and taste the difference.

Air fryer more healthy

Air fryer though a lot more healthy, is also less pang.

I've tried chicken wings and tau kwah from air fryer, the shiokness not there. But then again after many drinks, don't think many will notice the difference in taste. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ja, don't go there ..somethings you don't wanna know (or what chon's up to) :p:wink:

What Pii Chon is up to you asking? Read below -

Godfather of Chonburi goes to jail… for now
By Bangkok Pundit Jan 31, 2013 3:35PM UTC

Police were able to arrest fugitive Somchai Khunpluem after receiving a tip-off about two months ago that he was visiting Samitivej Hospital for medical treatment, an informed source claimed Wednesday.

The tip was later confirmed with the source adding that Somchai used the name Kim sae Tang when he consulted his doctors.
The police investigation revealed he usually changed routes to and from the hospital to avoid police though he regularly used the motorway.
The source claimed the investigation showed Somchai has no passport, causing police to believe that he did not flee abroad but instead remained at his residence in Bang Saen, Chon Buri. It had earlier been speculated that Somchai had escaped to Cambodia.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe big news un chonburi. the real godfather of chonburi was on the run for 30 years and 5 months. he is the real deal.

me only tua kang. hehehe

jw5

Loyal
hehehe big news un chonburi. the real godfather of chonburi was on the run for 30 years and 5 months. he is the real deal.

me only tua kang. hehehe

This reminds me that u never told us who u were referring to as tua kang yao siu.................................

And please continue to post food pics (before eating), thanks man.................................

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Does this plan work? Survive on SGD 2500 in LOS for me and my partner. I have a place to live in LOS, relative's place, no rental needed. I am 46 this year. Bro who are thai residents can advise?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This reminds me that u never told us who u were referring to as tua kang yao siu.................................

And please continue to post food pics (before eating), thanks man.................................

hehehe let go liaoz. but pap ib and cronies. me no let go. opposite side of table. die die also hoot.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Does this plan work? Survive on SGD 2500 in LOS for me and my partner. I have a place to live in LOS, relative's place, no rental needed. I am 46 this year. Bro who are thai residents can advise?

can lah. on my most humble days. me survive on less than that.

hokkien saying, want or dont want nia.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. tonight not bad lah but have to drink some sang som. sang som is thai rum. this one i get mao easily.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah lau eh!! 2500sgd = approx 60,000baht!! cb! even bank managers don't earn so much in LOS!!

before we continue, u must specify where ur relatives stay mah. cos rural places like surin, kalasin etc sure cheaper.

u say no need pay rent, but ok la, we include a token amount for ur relatives, say 2,000baht?

so its 60k-2k = 58k baht.

58k baht / 30 days = average u 1 day got 2k baht to spend.

2k baht = approx 80 sgd.

i in sg with my wife, 1 day also never spend $80!!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehhehe u need to know about the neighborhood first. when the neighbourhood treat u as kakilang, u can start.anytime.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

yo bro joeyts,

i'm reaching BKK on the 18th this month. will be spending 1 night in BKK before proceed to mountain side. want to bring me out eat with my wife? but don't go too expensive place, me on tight budget!!

and bro chunburi,

estimated i will reach patt( yes! pattaya!) on 22nd or 23rd. where is ur lan ah haan? i go there got special discount and extra portion or not :smile: also can bring me around patt see-look? i bring chivas drink together la.

bro joeyts,

if u free, can also join us in patt?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You seriously DON'T need $2,500, I've posted here somewhere its definitely much lower. I am sure even with $1,500 its more than enough for 2. of course everything budget depends on your lifestyle. But then even how you spend I still think $2,000 can be way too much for here.