• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Cantonese is fluent with HK accent rather than Malaysian Cantonese. Grew up with Cantonese neighbors and Man in the Net serials. Also lived in HK for a year.

For me I've got friends there so it's like catching up with them (they come visit me in Thailand too). I not a shopping guy neither a Dianey or Ocean Park guy.
hello, when u come pattaya har? can give some free consultation to me on my new joint or not?

hehehe. got time then come lah.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. blessing in disguise. took a break from work. :p

today only supervise signboard contractor to take down old signboard of previous tenant.

20130104_161857.jpg

the main road signboard about 5 meters high.saw how the contactor worked on the scaffolding, me also worry for them.

Suggestion: the contractor should consider putting a piece of wood below the upright steel scaffolding to prevent slipping (as well as to level it).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suggestion: the contractor should consider putting a piece of wood below the upright steel scaffolding to prevent slipping (as well as to level it).
hehehe. charlie, work safety concept not popular here but i will remind the workers to be careful if i am around. myself also guilty of unsafe work practices.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello, when u come pattaya har? can give some free consultation to me on my new joint or not?

hehehe. got time then come lah.

can i give u one suggestion?

change ur floor tiles.. it look.. odd.. although thais like those type of design, but if ur joint is to attract young crowds too, change it to become more, er, nice?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

change ur floor tiles.. it look.. odd.. although thais like those type of design, but if ur joint is to attract young crowds too, change it to become more, er, nice?

hey hey hey come to think of it the tiles look like Indian house/shop

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hey hey hey come to think of it the tiles look like Indian house/shop

Hehehe. When took over, wanted to do that but now really running out of time liaoz. Have another 10 days to go before opening. Joint is mainly targeted at the russkie community living around the area. Locals and other ang mohs, think maybe other place more suitable .

The tiles have a kind of nostalgic/retro feel so don't waste lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not posting so often as very busy last whole week. Still waiting for broadband connectivity in the shop. Basically, it's a one man show since I took over late december 2012. Doing all these manual work is a good way of keeping fit. My plan is to get it up soon and to stabilize in 3-4 months before moving on to the next investment. Hopefully, by mid 2013, I can spare some time to balek kampong for a few days.

Not giving myself too much pressure. Just do whatever I can. :smile:

BTW, biz was so good that first 2 cartons (24 bottles) of Chang beer already sold out even before I open shop. Guess who is the customer? :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. When took over, wanted to do that but now really running out of time liaoz. Have another 10 days to go before opening. Joint is mainly targeted at the russkie community living around the area. Locals and other ang mohs, think maybe other place more suitable .

The tiles have a kind of nostalgic/retro feel so don't waste lah.

I was really just kidding about the "Indian tiles" I kinda like it cos its got a colonial feel.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdeekrup eveveryone

Was away for a week, was surprised to find this morning thermometer in garden read 21 degC. Really nice. Wonder how's Pattaya?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. this is the original color. but have found out the type of paint. not sure available here or not.

20130105_134028.jpg

now at soi 8. dutch fren dio dai zhi so accompany him to mata house.i wait at here lah. knn, haven't gin khao
20130105_193319.jpg

me wait outside mata house. :p