• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A 'REAL' Man's Game!! I Love This Time Of Year!!

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between the end of September and beginning of March, I tend to start going a little stir crazy. The withdrawal symptoms kick-in. Why can't the Aussie Rules and Rugby League footy seasons run for 12 months of the year?

Anyway - it's starting again (thank God for the Australian network on Ch170)... and the 2009 NRL rugby league promotional video is just sensational. Remember, this is a 'real' man's game - not like soccer, where the players lie down crying at the first sign of physical contact... nor is it like American football, where the players protect themselves with body armour and helmets. This is real contact sport for true warriors, where only the tough survive!!

<embed src="http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/promotions/2009/launch/tvc.swf" quality="High" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315"></embed>

LET'S GO BRONCOS!! - 2009 Broncos Fixtures Week-By-Week

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinks you're in the wrong country...LOL...sorry...had to rub it in...
Hehe - you know I can watch more live footy here each weekend on the Australia network than I can in Australia...

Throughout the weekend during the seaon, they usually play around 5 aussie rules games and 4 rugby league games (a few of these live)... the trick is not getting into trouble from my wife (although she's become a little addicted to the footy too... she understands all the rules now and can name many of the players in various teams).

This year I'll be missing out at least one day each weekend, because I'm going back to playing Aussie Rules myself this year with the Singapore Wombats (surprisingly high quality here) in the Asia Championships competition. :biggrin: