• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$600 for Alaska king crab

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Guys I am in Somboon now and looking atbthis crab in front of me I cannoy help to share it with you if you don't mind

20130419_190613.jpg

20130419_184457.jpg

Cheers from Ratchada of course

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I remember sometimes we'd come across them in the mangroves, and they're likely extinct by now. Never ate them before, those we caught were way too small. My dad explained that they'd hold on to the grasp whate Their pinver they gripped for a long long time, and hence the name was appropriate. Their pincers were really distinctively large.

Cheers!

Wonder which bros here ever heard of our LocaL 'Thunder crab'; which i beLieve have aLready been
extinction.It have a bright red rounded body with 2 Over-siZed bLack pincers.OnLy the pincers are edibLe.Legend had it that it wouLd onLy reLease it's victims upon the cLasp of a thunder.
Last got a coupLe of them trapped in my bubu back in Late 70's then.:cool:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes. I remember sometimes we'd come across them in the mangroves, and they're likely extinct by now. Never ate them before, those we caught were way too small. My dad explained that they'd hold on to the grasp whate Their pinver they gripped for a long long time, and hence the name was appropriate. Their pincers were really distinctively large.

Cheers!

Yup.That was the unmistakenLy Thunder Crab..:wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The crabs I know, which cannot be eaten, were once on my shoulders. Bestest of all, the govt paid me decently for that. And, for many years too.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Wonder which bros here ever heard of our LocaL 'Thunder crab'; which i beLieve have aLready been extinction.

looi kong zheem is it? try sungei buloh or kranji mangrove area, may spot one or two if you're lucky :smile::smile::smile:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup, that's the LocaL name probabLy given by some Ah Bengs..but there's another identicaL species
of it that dweLLs in the sea bed..:wink:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yup, that's the LocaL name probabLy given by some Ah Bengs..but there's another identicaL species of it that dweLLs in the sea bed..:wink:

used to see them around pasir ris before the pasir ris park was developed in the late 80s, nearer to sungei api-api mangrove, further inland in the mudflat, there lies the siput :smile::smile::smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok ok ok if last night's crab looks like crap how about tonight's roe crab from Nathong restaurant?

20130420_200218.jpg

20130420_200252.jpg

20130420_200332.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiseh. got eggs some more. crabs expert can advise how to tell which crab got eggs just by looking outside. gamsiah.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii joetys ,

What's the damage ?

This is embarasing. I think I mao liao when I replied you above for the photo I posted yesterday, I thought you asking me damage today. Hey last night's dinner with Japanese supplier they paid, I thought I heard its like 6k+ baht (brandy was 2.4k). As for the seafood I had today I post in Thai thread now.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is embarasing. I think I mao liao when I replied you above for the photo I posted yesterday, I thought you asking me damage today. Hey last night's dinner with Japanese supplier they paid, I thought I heard its like 6k+ baht (brandy was 2.4k). As for the seafood I had today I post in Thai thread now.

Mai pien rai :wink:
Sarm parn hock roy for crab a bit peng lah
:eek: