• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$600 for Alaska king crab

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
At $24 per 100g with a total price of $600. The crab is around 2.5kg? Not very big. She should have been able to calculate from there.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bros here ate these Alaskan crabs before? Is it really nice?

Think its a bit silly to spend so much for a crab.. You can hook up these giant crabs at our local waters using a kind of trap..

You can easily buy one at those fishing shops at Changi Village for $10 for a set..

Just use few fish heads as a bait and throw the trap down the jetty by using a rope as an extension.. I managed to land few big crabs using this method at Pulau Ubin..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My neighbour was even better; he bought some fish heads and Leave them to rot overnight.Next day
he wouLd tie these stinky fish heads via the traps into our nearby tidaL canaL; and in no time he wouLd sureLy end up with a coupLe of Huge 2kgs+ of m&d crabs in no time.That's when he caLLs it
a day onLy after a 2 hrs session max.. :smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My neighbour was even better; he bought some fish heads and Leave them to rot overnight.Next day
he wouLd tie these stinky fish heads via the traps into our nearby tidaL canaL; and in no time he wouLd sureLy end up with a coupLe of Huge 2kgs+ of m&d crabs in no time.That's when he caLLs it
a day onLy after a 2 hrs session max.. :smile:

Yes the trick is to let the fish heads rot overnight..

One of the good baits would be the head of a Red Snapper..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had another OLd hand who toLd me he used to hang rotten rats which he killed the night before ! ! :eek::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference more bland than sea and m&d crabs that we have. Our sea crabs are sweeter while the m&d crab has a better taste. Th flesh for the Alaskan crab is also streaky.

Any bros here ate these Alaskan crabs before? Is it really nice?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonder which bros here ever heard of our LocaL 'Thunder crab'; which i beLieve have aLready been
extinction.It have a bright red rounded body with 2 Over-siZed bLack pincers.OnLy the pincers are edibLe.Legend had it that it wouLd onLy reLease it's victims upon the cLasp of a thunder.
Last got a coupLe of them trapped in my bubu back in Late 70's then.:cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I only have this at Long Beach Dempsey. Half white pepper the other half black pepper. Really nice the way they cook it. Yes each crab cost around 500 bucks but I feel its worth every cent because I like the sweetness of the meat that's similar to live flower crab. Overseas I had this twice in states its like half the price there. Japan has their king crab thats similar had one in an Otaru market that went for only 9000yen per kilo just select the crab snd they'll boil it on the spot.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The difference more bland than sea and m&d crabs that we have. Our sea crabs are sweeter while the m&d crab has a better taste. Th flesh for the Alaskan crab is also streaky.

Thanks for the info.. Hmm maybe thats why those Alaskan fishermen braved the danger and the atrocious weather to find these crabs.. Once chatted with this US tourist at a Changi kopitiam.. Heard the profits they make catching these crabs are quite huge..

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I only have this at Long Beach Dempsey. Half white pepper the other half black pepper. Really nice the way they cook it. Yes each crab cost around 500 bucks but I feel its worth every cent because I like the sweetness of the meat that's similar to live flower crab. Overseas I had this twice in states its like half the price there. Japan has their king crab thats similar had one in an Otaru market that went for only 9000yen per kilo just select the crab snd they'll boil it on the spot.

Someone is going to say you're flaunting your wealth here again :biggrin:

Last edited: