• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 60 Subway branches in Singapore have stopped selling pork

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subway should change their name in Singapore, to "Noway"....Pork, no way!... why should an eatery that is International is catering to a minority by not selling pork?. There are those who like bacon, ham or....but to deny the customer what they require, they are driving away customer & starting a problem for themselves.

They will have to buy their chicken products etc...from a HALAL supplier & will their staff be require to 'potong' or not? Buying from 'speciality' suppliers drive up costs. According to the report not all don't carry pork....so, you arrive one & you want bacon with your rye bread..they tell you this is HALAL restaurant..so, wtf! So don't eat SUBWAY !

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must get MUIS certification?...for Minah, any lap cheong will do...all minah want is just DUIT...duit bodoh!... ha ha ha ha
ringgit or sing dollar? do it and sing-it with sing dollar is what they want as it's more powderful than ring-it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Subway should change their name in Singapore, to "Noway"....Pork, no way!... why should an eatery that is International is catering to a minority by not selling pork?. There are those who like bacon, ham or....but to deny the customer what they require, they are driving away customer & starting a problem for themselves.

They will have to buy their chicken products etc...from a HALAL supplier & will their staff be require to 'potong' or not? Buying from 'speciality' suppliers drive up costs. According to the report not all don't carry pork....so, you arrive one & you want bacon with your rye bread..they tell you this is HALAL restaurant..so, wtf! So don't eat SUBWAY !

Subway is doing what they feel is best for their business interests. People always cater for the majority or the vocal minority. If people show stronger demand for non-halal food than muslims' demanding for halal food, businesses will adjust their operations to meet customer demands.

The switch of chain bbq places into halal eateries had allowed korean bbq places serving pork to spring up like mushrooms. There's nothing to stop new fast food chains from setting up shop here selling pork. However, I don't see fast food places offering pork as a main ingredient unlike beef, fish or chicken. So most fast food places don't see much harm in switching to non-pork entirely.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ridiculous shit. Everywhere we see F&B fuckers trying to expand their market by making their offerings halal, but alienating a core who enjoys pork.

Will just boycott this shit Subway. Its sandwiches are rubbish anyway.
So 70% eat pork but you think you are going to make more money caterjng to minorities? This isnt johor

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So 70% eat pork but you think you are going to make more money caterjng to minorities? This isnt johor

The majority who eat pork are also fine with not eating pork occasionally. MacDonald's is doing fine despite serving halal food for years.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next thing we know....Subway will have separate seating areas for the male and female customers.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its good news if they are going to send all these Pinoys working in Subway home and replace them with local malays.
I call this doing good together.
I rarely eat at Subway as I see too many Pinoys there but will now make it a point to eat there if served by locals.
I give up eating at Kenny Rogers although I like the food there because the place was 100% staffed by foreigners (in this case Pinoys)
SUPPORT LOCAL EMPLOYMENT

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the food should be non halal. If u want halal good...goo halal restaurant

...shld say..go Mac..KfC..PIZZA hut...fish n co..long john...at least we can enjoy most food..like bak ku teh..bak chor mee...law bak...quietly w/o them ...yummmy

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
subway should learn from long john silver, biz plummet after become halal.

MacDonalds and KFC's business improved after turning halal. LJS's business plummeted because their food sucked anyway. Subway is taking the easy way out of turning halal instead of improving their menu. As far as fastfood is concerned, I stopped eating at subway's a long time ago. Their food is not as tasty as MacDonald's. If I wanted healthy food, I would eat home cooked food or just eat the Mac burgers without the fries and soft drink.