• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

36YrOld SPG Invested $66k in Wine, Got Back Nothing!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Police reports made as wine deal sours
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Upset investors claim UAG has failed to pay promised returns </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Tessa Wong
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A GROUP of disgruntled investors has lodged police reports against a prominent wine investment company for delaying payouts due.
The investors claim that Universal Assets Group (UAG) should have made the promised investment returns, worth several thousands of dollars, several months ago.
The police have confirmed that they are looking into the matter. The Straits Times understands that the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD), which investigates white-collar crime, is on the case.
The investors had got on board a one- year 'buy-back' scheme, under which they purchased bottles of wine, to be left in the care of the company; after a year, they were to sell the wine back to the company at a profit.
They put in between $6,000 and $60,000 each into the scheme after being told of guaranteed returns of between 10 per cent and 12 per cent.
The seven investors who went to the police were expecting payouts in February or March; 10 more investors have not yet filed police reports because their investments are maturing only later this year.
The group claims that UAG has asked them to wait longer; they were told that the company was having difficulties paying its customers as a result of the poor economic climate.
But the investors are tired of waiting. Besides going to the police, the group - formed by UAG customers who had aired their complaints in an online investment forum - is also seeking legal advice for a possible class-action suit.
A 36-year-old investor, who wanted to be known only as Lea, said: 'I don't know whether these repayments will really happen. I've waited for two months, and when I started to chase them, my broker and the UAG management didn't even respond to my calls.'
The human resource executive said she paid $60,000 for 60 bottles of French wine in February last year, and was to have received $66,000 this year. She was sent letters promising her money would arrive in February, and then March, but has not seen any money to date.
UAG's chief executive, Mr Dominic Sim, did not respond to repeated calls to his mobile phone.
A broker with the company, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Mr Sim had said at a staff meeting last month that the wine market was languishing, and that the company needed more time to find willing buyers for their customers' wine stocks.
It is estimated by insiders that UAG has 1,000 clients, a third of them on the 'buy-back' deal. The scheme, in place since 2007, had given regular payouts until February.
Wine investment, while still relatively new, has gained pace recently.
At least five companies have set up shop here in the last five years, offering wine portfolios or opportunities to invest in a wine fund.
Industry experts estimate that there are close to 5,000 wine investors here now, twice the number five years ago.
The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) said it has received 16 complaints against UAG since it was set up in 2005.
Case's executive director Seah Seng Choon, recommending that affected investors seek legal advice, noted that the Small Claims Tribunal would probably not take on their cause because it is an investment product.
He said that if the returns were guaranteed in writing, the investors 'probably have a good chance of getting money'.
He added that consumers should exercise extreme caution with new investment instruments such as this. [email protected]

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
She deserves losing her $60K for being an idiot!

As the recession turns into a Great Depression, expect more con artists to cheat more idiots like her who's looking for high rate of returns on their money.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 36YrOld SPG Invested $66k in Wine, Go66% t Back Nothing!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Police reports made as wine deal sours
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Upset investors claim UAG has failed to pay promised returns </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Tessa Wong
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A GROUP of disgruntled investors has lodged police reports against a prominent wine investment company for delaying payouts due.
The investors claim that Universal Assets Group (UAG) should have made the promised investment returns, worth several thousands of dollars, several months ago.
The police have confirmed that they are looking into the matter. The Straits Times understands that the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD), which investigates white-collar crime, is on the case.
The investors had got on board a one- year 'buy-back' scheme, under which they purchased bottles of wine, to be left in the care of the company; after a year, they were to sell the wine back to the company at a profit.
They put in between $6,000 and $60,000 each into the scheme after being told of guaranteed returns of between 10 per cent and 12 per cent.
The seven investors who went to the police were expecting payouts in February or March; 10 more investors have not yet filed police reports because their investments are maturing only later this year.
The group claims that UAG has asked them to wait longer; they were told that the company was having difficulties paying its customers as a result of the poor economic climate.
But the investors are tired of waiting. Besides going to the police, the group - formed by UAG customers who had aired their complaints in an online investment forum - is also seeking legal advice for a possible class-action suit.
A 36-year-old investor, who wanted to be known only as Lea, said: 'I don't know whether these repayments will really happen. I've waited for two months, and when I started to chase them, my broker and the UAG management didn't even respond to my calls.'
The human resource executive said she paid $60,000 for 60 bottles of French wine in February last year, and was to have received $66,000 this year. She was sent letters promising her money would arrive in February, and then March, but has not seen any money to date.
UAG's chief executive, Mr Dominic Sim, did not respond to repeated calls to his mobile phone.
A broker with the company, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Mr Sim had said at a staff meeting last month that the wine market was languishing, and that the company needed more time to find willing buyers for their customers' wine stocks.
It is estimated by insiders that UAG has 1,000 clients, a third of them on the 'buy-back' deal. The scheme, in place since 2007, had given regular payouts until February.
Wine investment, while still relatively new, has gained pace recently.
At least five companies have set up shop here in the last five years, offering wine portfolios or opportunities to invest in a wine fund.
Industry experts estimate that there are close to 5,000 wine investors here now, twice the number five years ago.
The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) said it has received 16 complaints against UAG since it was set up in 2005.
Case's executive director Seah Seng Choon, recommending that affected investors seek legal advice, noted that the Small Claims Tribunal would probably not take on their cause because it is an investment product.
He said that if the returns were guaranteed in writing, the investors 'probably have a good chance of getting money'.
He added that consumers should exercise extreme caution with new investment instruments such as this. [email protected]

66% invested in properties. What the got is a spammer called makapa who is now talking about wine.
:oIo:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, 10-12% returns, guaranteed too. Guarantee is
only as good as the firm giving it. If its bankrupt, then
join the queue of creditors.

How many brainless people are there who went in with
eyes tightly shut? I'm sure the contract they signed was
airtight.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
all those buy back scheme are just buying time for initiators of such scheme to roll your hard earn money. It would be successul if you goes in at the beginning of the bull run. when you goes in at the peak you may have to wait another 10years

Greentide

Universal Assets Investments (Brokerage)
103 Defu Lane 10 #03-00
BTH Building, Singapore 539223

seems like this BTH building full of scammers. Once I was at the 1st floor for a company named Strategic Wealth, they were trying to get us signing up for their forex management software. $1000 to subscribe and still want a cut of subsequent profits.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The greedy man and the gileynour(cheat) are soon agreed." just like
" Women are the snares of _ _ _ _ _ " (i guess its meant for the 'other' forum )

ChaoAhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
103 Defu Lane 10 #03-00

seems like this BTH building full of scammers. Once I was at the 1st floor for a company named Strategic Wealth, they were trying to get us signing up for their forex management software. $1000 to subscribe and still want a cut of subsequent profits.

Damn funny. maybe some so call white collar Ah beng trying to convince some idiots to let them manage their hard earn saving. hahah. wat a joke. you been there before? alot sporty cars park there. lol :oIo:

trajet

103 Defu Lane 10 #03-00

Did you get conned from Strategic Wealth? Cos it seems profit-sharing is a show of confidence, or are you just blasting off your trumpet?

trajet

103 Defu Lane 10 #03-00

Did you get conned from Strategic Wealth? Cos it seems profit-sharing is a show of confidence, or are you just blasting off your trumpet?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats greed playing a big role...dunno anything abt wines just plonked money. Investment mah..where got guarantee return one...stupid bitch.

She deserve to have her money lost.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
103 Defu Lane 10 #03-00

They must have been tipped off by the mei mei that SG is full of dumbass Chinks ripe for the plucking. $1000 per Chink head and if the loser actually stumbles on a profit they take a cut. Fabulous biz.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB SPH, when private individuals lose 5figure they help to kaopeh kaobu. When Temasex lose billions they keep quiet until they have no choice when foreign media report it and then they also make the jinx look good.

I suggest that parliament declare a bill to give the jinx one billion dollars to go and play bookie by herself and leave public money to the public.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
36 year old still cannot think

wine is long term investment

like british gov keeping wine in cellar for decades to sell for profit and keep some of VIP guest. this is wine investment.

buy wine and sell them back, what kind of nigerian con is that?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCB SPH, when private individuals lose 5figure they help to kaopeh kaobu. When Temasex lose billions they keep quiet until they have no choice when foreign media report it and then they also make the jinx look good.

I suggest that parliament declare a bill to give the jinx one billion dollars to go and play bookie by herself and leave public money to the public.

In this case bigger font will look nicer. :biggrin: