• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3000 Jobs Reserved for Pinoy & PRC FTrash?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Screening starts for 3,000 Ion jobs
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
b3-1.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Applicants for jobs at Ion Orchard being screened by e2i at the NTUC Building yesterday. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE screening process is under way for about 3,000 jobs at Singapore's newest mall, Ion Orchard, which is slated to open in July.
The mall above Orchard MRT station is the latest outfit to tie up with the Workforce Development Agency and the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), which match and train people for jobs required.
Screening by e2i will pick out job seekers appropriate for the service industry. Then, applicants are given a day-long 'pre-employment' training session to prepare them for job interviews, which are conducted at networking sessions with the mall's tenants.
Since registration opened on April 13, more than 3,000 people have signed up.
Around 500 of them have gone through the assessment rounds three days into the six-day-long recruitment drive, which started on Monday.
Registration ends today at 11.55pm.
Interested job seekers can apply online at www.e2i.com.sg/events_ION_Orchard
They can also call the e2i hotline on 6474-3777 between 9am and 6pm. JESSICA LIM