• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 22 year old influencer "humiliated" for online begging.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dublin hotel bans bloggers after heated exchange with 22-year-old influencer

Published January 19, 2018 8:09pm
By AYA TANTIANGCO, GMA News

The owner of a Dublin hotel has announced that his establishment would no longer do business with bloggers after "a social media influencer" claimed that he humiliated her on social media.

Paul Stenson, owner of Charleville Lodge and The White Moose Café, and Ella Darby had a heated public exchange over the social media after the businessman rejected the blogger's proposal that she write about his hotel in exchange for free accommodations.

On Wednesday, Stensons made a decision to "ban all bloggers from our hotel and cafe."

"The sense of entitlement is just too strong in the blogging community and the nastiness, hissy fits and general hate displayed after one of your members was not granted her request for a freebie is giving your whole industry a bad name," Stenson wrote.

"I never thought we would be inundated with negative reviews for the simple reason that somebody was required to pay for goods received or services rendered," he added.

Darby, 22, admitted finding purpose in blogging where she said there are opportunities like "your favorite brand sending you free clothes, your favorite food companies wanting to send you free food" in exchange for exposure.

On her YouTube channel, Darby claimed that Stenson humiliated her after he rejected her proposal.

A blogger for three years, Darby had sent an email to Stenson proposing that she feature the hotel in her social media accounts to bring traffic to the hotel "and recommend others to book up in return for free accommodation."

Stenson took a screencap of the email and sarcastically expressed Darby's admiration for sending it.

"Thank you for your email looking for free accommodation in return for exposure. It takes a lot of balls to send an email like that, if not much self-respect and dignity," Stenson said.

Stenson then went on to enumerate the reasons behind his opinion that Darby's request is ridiculous.

"If I let you stay here in return for a feature in your video, who is going to pay the staff who look after you? Who is going to pay the housekeepers who clean your room? The waiters who serve you breakfast? The receptionist who checks you in? Who is going to pay for the light and heat you use during your stay? The laundering of your bed sheets? The water rates? Maybe I should tell my staff they will be featured in your video in lieu of receiving payment for work carried out while you’re in residence?" he wrote.

A number of people sided with Stenson, while some bloggers came to Darby's defense.

Stenson said that he never identified Darby in his post, but she herself posted a video about being "exposed."

He also thanked the bloggers for the free publicity. —NB, GMA News

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hotel owner should not embarrassed her in the first place. Just a simple No will do. Stated reason that the hotel has ample exposure already.

When replying to a request by the blogger, pls do it professionally even you feel that the blogger is very entitled in the first place.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hotel owner should not embarrassed her in the first place. Just a simple No will do. Stated reason that the hotel has ample exposure already.

When replying to a request by the blogger, pls do it professionally even you feel that the blogger is very entitled in the first place.

Read again, the hotel owner censored off her name.
It's the stupid cunt who exposed herself via a video to play the victim act. Her nipples should be snipped off. At least a prostitute works hard for her money, this cunt is a cyber beggar. Fuck her.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Social Influencer (I know your name but apparently it’s not important to use names),

Thank you for your email looking for free accommodation in return for exposure. It takes a lot of balls to send an email like that, if not much self-respect and dignity.

If I let you stay here in return for a feature in your video, who is going to pay the staff who look after you? Who is going to pay the housekeepers who clean your room? The waiters who serve you breakfast? The receptionist who checks you in? Who is going to pay for the light and heat you use during your stay? The laundering of your bed sheets? The water rates? Maybe I should tell my staff they will be featured in your video in lieu of receiving payment for work carried out while you’re in residence?

Lucky for us, we too have a significant social media following. We have 186k followers on our two Facebook pages, an estimated 80k on our Snapchat, 32k on Instagram and a paltry 12k on our Twitter, but Jesus Christ, I would never in a million years ask anyone for anything for free. I also blog a bit (www.paulvstenson.com), which as far as I’m aware is another way of saying “write stuff on the internet”. The above stats do not make me any better than anyone else or afford me the right to not pay for something everyone else has to pay for.

In future, I’d advise you to offer to pay your way like everyone else, and if the hotel in question believes your coverage will help them, maybe they’ll give you a complimentary upgrade to a suite. This would show more self-respect on your part and, let’s face it, it would be less embarrassing for you. Here is a little video I produced which you may learn from:

The blue part should not be added in the letter in the first place. I sided with the blogger. The blogger is just doing what she is doing. The "reprimand" is totally uncalled for.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read again, the hotel owner censored off her name.
It's the stupid cunt who exposed herself via a video to play the victim act. Her nipples should be snipped off. At least a prostitute works hard for her money, this cunt is a cyber beggar. Fuck her.

oh yeah.. then i guess it is ok. Smart move by the hotel owner to allow the blogger to self-owned. He should add in the cut off cheebuy and clamp nipples too if no names are added.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal

The hotelier's reply is for all bloggers/beggars in general. Ella Darby asked for 5 days free stay, near to Valentine's in return for exposure. In the original email posted by White Moose, her name was never mentioned, it's her who out herself to gain sympathy and attention for being rejected.

26757959_2048405988773340_5245939859312338530_o.jpg

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
From which generation is this brazen and somewhat stupid self entitled woman from?

She only has 95k subscribers? I thought she got a million subscribers.
One of my fave youtuber is Mark Wiens and he has over 1 million subscribers and he pay for all the meals and hotel stay that he video in. There are a few times that he was sponsored by airline to video it. I bet he didn't ask to be sponsored but ask to sponsor.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal
She only has 95k subscribers? I thought she got a million subscribers.
One of my fave youtuber is Mark Wiens and he has over 1 million subscribers and he pay for all the meals and hotel stay that he video in. There is a few times that he was sponsored by airline to video it. I bet he didn't ask to be sponsor rather ask to sponsor.

White Moose cafe themselves have 170k likes on facebook, why would they need exposure from someone with much lesser fans. Besides, when a business is already on track with regulars and word of mouth, do they actually need to entertain demands from all these bloggers?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
White Moose cafe themselves have 170k likes on facebook, why would they need exposure from someone with much lesser fans. Besides, when a business is already on track with regulars and word of mouth, do they actually need to entertain demands from all these bloggers?
True if you are talking based on numbers.

However, as a human being, it is more polite not to create embarrassment for the other person. There is no need to be a jerk just because your hotel has the numbers to get profitable. If the hotel doesn't has the numbers, i think the owner will lay red carpet for her when she arrives. Her message to request for a free stay isn't impolite even though it looks like she is trying to take advantage of it.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a fan of female youtubers. They have the typical irritating female nagging sound frequency that would drive any men impotent.

They tend to talk a lot about themselves and how they feel and that. Like we give a fuck about it.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal
True if you are talking based on numbers.

However, as a human being, it is more polite not to create embarrassment for the other person. There is no need to be a jerk just because your hotel has the numbers to get profitable. If the hotel doesn't has the numbers, i think the owner will lay red carpet for her when she arrives. Her message to request for a free stay isn't impolite even though it looks like she is trying to take advantage of it.

I don't agree that he had embarrassed her in any way, since she's the one who chose to out herself to rally people against the establishment. Nobody would have know who it was if she didn't make that video. If he's a bastard for doing that, she's no angel either.