• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 brothers killed by cement truck: Driver charged

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now who would want to deliberately take away innocent lives like wat Jamban always believe especially if it involve between malays and Chinese. Dont be shortsighted in passing judgement. Wrongdoer, of course, should be punished according to the law regardless of race. My sympathy goes to the parent of the deceased too.

I did not pass judgement at all. I am merely questioning why the authorities take 6 months until they decide to charge the driver.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under British common law, the truck driver has duty of care since only his vehicle can kill, while the boys can't even put a dent on his bumper.

In addition, he was making a left turn, hence double duty of care since he does not have right of way.

I admit the truck driver has a duty of care. So did the Assistant Comptroller of Income Tax who killed a 14 year old and the Sin Ming Editor who was using a handphone whilst driving across the junction and badly maimed a elderly rider and killed his maid riding pillion.

So what happen to the other 2 drivers? Both got free and a light slap on their wrist.

Duty of care?

Now you explain to the rest here how does your duty of care applies or more precisely to whom this can apply.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I admit the truck driver has a duty of care. So did the Assistant Comptroller of Income Tax who killed a 14 year old and the Sin Ming Editor who was using a handphone whilst driving across the junction and badly maimed a elderly rider and killed his maid riding pillion.

So what happen to the other 2 drivers? Both got free and a light slap on their wrist.

Duty of care?

Now you explain to the rest here how does your duty of care applies or more precisely to whom this can apply.

I use to frequent that part of Tampines, I have crossed that junction before & still go there once in a while...from the news report & my experience with that junction...the boys too have the share of the blame & the cement truck too..it was an unfortuante accident waiting to happen between two parties rushing off to fulfill what they are doing. One the turn to the left is rather tight, you can't miss seeing anybody using the crossing & whoever is using the crossing can not miss a huge vehicle like the cement mixer.

Yes! the driver have the right of duty..in his haste, did not do a proper lookout..to be fair, if he had..he would not be able to miss hitting the kids on the bicycle, you know kids these days ride very recklessly...they were in a hurry to get home...mum going off to work at MacDonald's...have to be home, before she leaves..

Just two parties in a great hurry meeting at a point in time, where one party died...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Munir Mohd allegedly failed to keep a proper lookout while making a left turn from Tampines Avenue 9 into Street 45 when the traffic light was showing "green" in his favour.

Accordingly to chinese paper...it's "greenman" and not green in driver's favour...so which ish which?? :confused:

震惊全国的淡滨尼恐怖车祸,警方调查有了结果,涉嫌撞死小兄弟的司机被指
“闯绿人”肇祸;但他不认罪,选择抗辩。
水泥车司机穆尼(57岁)上周五被控上法庭。
控状指事发当天下午5点40分,穆尼准备从淡滨尼9道左转进淡滨尼45街时,2兄弟正骑着脚踏车要越过行人过道。当时绿人灯亮起,但穆尼却没有留意路上情况,结果把2兄弟撞倒,导致2人惨死。
穆尼选择抗辩,目前获准保释在外,案件展至本月23日过堂。
睹物思人更伤心,父母搬离淡滨尼。完整报道,请翻阅16.07.2013《联合晚报》。

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use to frequent that part of Tampines, I have crossed that junction before & still go there once in a while...from the news report & my experience with that junction...the boys too have the share of the blame & the cement truck too..it was an unfortuante accident waiting to happen between two parties rushing off to fulfill what they are doing. One the turn to the left is rather tight, you can't miss seeing anybody using the crossing & whoever is using the crossing can not miss a huge vehicle like the cement mixer.

Yes! the driver have the right of duty..in his haste, did not do a proper lookout..to be fair, if he had..he would not be able to miss hitting the kids on the bicycle, you know kids these days ride very recklessly...they were in a hurry to get home...mum going off to work at MacDonald's...have to be home, before she leaves..

Just two parties in a great hurry meeting at a point in time, where one party died...
The truck driver failed completely in fulfilling his duty of care. Period.

The duty of care is higher as he was driving in a residential and school zone. he was also making a left turn, in which he should know the blind spot issue and hence had to take extra care and not speed.

It is also obvious that he is speeding, as otherwise the boys would have been able to avoid the truck.

When you are wielding a dangerous equipment, you have the higher duty of care. Same for someone using a blow torch, grass cutter, chainsaw etc.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Duty of care?

What are you trying to say?

The law has been corrupted to benefit the rich and powerful. But this does not mean that everyone can driving without a care for others. You should be arguing that the past injustice should be corrected, instead of trying to continue with letting dangerous drivers get away with manslaughter.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are you trying to say?

The law has been corrupted to benefit the rich and powerful. But this does not mean that everyone can driving without a care for others. You should be arguing that the past injustice should be corrected, instead of trying to continue with letting dangerous drivers get away with manslaughter.

duty of care applies to everyone ....rule of law applies at this stage....

but when it comes to punishment the rich and connected are spared... :smile:

simple.....

too bad you wont get the Asst Comptroller of Tax driving a cement mixer truck..... usually its some rich cheebye in a sports mercedes who will claim the person under the fucking car is a tree branch understand?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The duty of care is higher as he was driving in a residential and school zone. he was also making a left turn, in which he should know the blind spot issue and hence had to take extra care and not speed.

It is also obvious that he is speeding, as otherwise the boys would have been able to avoid the truck.

When you are wielding a dangerous equipment, you have the higher duty of care. Same for someone using a blow torch, grass cutter, chainsaw etc.

Yet this fucking shit skin was forgiven by the parents.

Just change one thing or 2 things around and suddenly it becomes worse. Just change driver to tiong driver and victims to malay kids for example notice how much worse it becomes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yawn.....Macam tape recorder. Blah blah blah...

Tell u wat , Jamban. U not happy and want revenge then go rent a cement truck and run him down lah.:rolleyes:

So m&d do you agree with me? Suppose it was a china driver and ran down 2 malay kids would he deserve to die?

You won't have the guts to answer this cos we all know how you think.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
a friend who happened to be there told me this accident is very unfortunate.
a eyewitness told him brake failure of the bicycle is the cause of the accident.
the elder boy on seeing that the traffic light red tried to brake but the brake failed and both got rolled over.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Duty of care?

i also remember there is a case where a lady was driving a lexus and knocked someone. but she said she thought she knocked into a tree branch. what happened to her?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes you are correct, my point is, both are in the wrong..both are in a hurry...in that situation , do not think anyone could avoid an incident like that. he is rightly charge for a rash act...blame cannot be solely on him alone..to be fair..have you seen how reckless the kids ride their bikes these day?? I have many a times have to keep a look out for them...the deceased children were in a great hurry, period..two wrongs does not make one right..only one party dead.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
duty of care applies to everyone ....rule of law applies at this stage....

but when it comes to punishment the rich and connected are spared... :smile:

simple.....

too bad you wont get the Asst Comptroller of Tax driving a cement mixer truck..... usually its some rich cheebye in a sports mercedes who will claim the person under the fucking car is a tree branch understand?

Wow you answered for me and watchman8 is still trying to act blur.

Hey!... did a KANGAROO just hopped pass me as I type this post? LOL

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So m&d do you agree with me? Suppose it was a china driver and ran down 2 malay kids would he deserve to die?

You won't have the guts to answer this cos we all know how you think.

Ehh...bodoh. I am not the judge. Anyway Y are u so violent? Cursing, swearing. And now wish someone to be hung? Real pathetic racist Booooo cry baby jamban u are.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ehh...bodoh. I am not the judge. Anyway Y are u so violent? Cursing, swearing. And now wish someone to be hung? Real pathetic racist Booooo cry baby jamban u are.

so answer my question bodoh m&d. Tiong driver runs down 2 malay kids does he need to die?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20101119-248066.html

20101119.112327_treebranchdriver.jpg

the image filename = treebranchdriver

SHE was fined $800 for failing to help a cyclist she had hit.

The prosecution appealed to the High Court, asking for the driver, Cleopatra Wong Yuin Ping, 30, to be given a jail term instead.

But Judge of Appeal Chao Hick Tin dismissed the appeal.

Wong had earlier said that when she heard the impact, she thought it was a rotten tree branch that had fallen on the car.

Last edited: