• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1970s Singapore

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inside the lorry will have this. All solid hardwood and weighed a ton!

1077%2B-%2BSingapore%252C%2Bcoffin%2Bmakers.jpg

Nowadays I think no more hardwood... too expensive, the environmentalist trolls will bitch about carbon emissions and deforestation, and the wood would be wasted in a cremation furnace instead of being used to make furniture.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN this will leemind my uncle of 僵尸 KNN whereas the western one will leemind my uncle of vampire KNN why can't they leesign something simplier that doesn't look so scary KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN this will leemind my uncle of 僵尸 KNN whereas the western one will leemind my uncle of vampire KNN why can't they leesign something simplier that doesn't look so scary KNN

Chinese vampire hunter vs western vampire hunter:

darren-tan-vh-chinesevampirehunter-da.jpg
darren-tan-vh-europeanvampirehunter-da.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nowadays I think no more hardwood... too expensive, the environmentalist trolls will bitch about carbon emissions and deforestation, and the wood would be wasted in a cremation furnace instead of being used to make furniture.
Burial was the main (and only?) option those days, and those coffins can really last in the ground with minimal decay. With cremation these days, coffins are practically made of plywood or cardboard, and need to be within measurements. Else the fucking thing won't fit into the chamber. If that happens, mourners are tasked with taking the corpse out of the coffin, breaking down the coffin into smaller parts, and then lay the corpse on top of the pile. Then the bbq show can continue.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The best way is to just roll the corpse and dress it in whatever cloth fabric you want. Can be with fancy printed designs, camo pattern, etc and in any colour. Of course, would probably need to embalm it first. Remove the organs and drain all the fluids out. And then coat the fabric with a layer of wax to seal in the goodness.

Ancient-Egypt-Mummies-on-Display.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way is to just roll the corpse and dress it in whatever cloth fabric you want. Can be with fancy printed designs, camo pattern, etc and in any colour. Of course, would probably need to embalm it first. Remove the organs and drain all the fluids out. And then coat the fabric with a layer of wax to seal in the goodness.

Ancient-Egypt-Mummies-on-Display.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Hanor KNN is time for this tradition of putting in scary looking coffins to be changed KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then marinate overnight and Lim Chee Guan will take care of the rest? :unsure:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My grandparents were buried in such a coffin. It required more than ten men to carry it up a hill to the cemetery plot. When the govt told my parents that the govt will exhume the graves at Kampong San Teng, they have to cremate my grandparents because the corpse did not decay.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My grandparents were buried in such a coffin. It required more than ten men to carry it up a hill to the cemetery plot. When the govt told my parents that the govt will exhume the graves at Kampong San Teng, they have to cremate my grandparents because the corpse did not decay.
I can relate. Exhumed a relative, he was all bone and dust. He decomposed because water and moisture got into the coffin (tomb was situated in a valley). Most of the wood was decayed, and we found some large brass nails. Your grandparents were probably situated on a hilly part of the cemetery, hence the good preservation. Or they could've been saintly people, hence impervious to decomposition. At least that's what the catholics believe.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
commercial tricycles still operating till early 80s if I recalled correctly.
true that when spore began to prosper and everyone was chasing after the dream call the 5C, back in the 60s/70s during my childhood days staying in a kampong where the singpost building is now our mode of transport are either tricycle or bicycle to get to my house cause taxi drivers dare not drive into these area.