• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

19% pay cut for President and Prime Minister !!!

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My respect for the PAP has gone up several notches. Well done PM Lee. You are the best thing that has ever happened to Singapore. The country is proud to have you at the helm.

Boss i hope it wasn't someone dat hacked into ur account 2 post dat :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19 percent only ?

Oh comon. How did they derive the 19 percent ? High time they reveal the benchmark for calculations.

What we need is a good dose of transparency and accountability.

Going by the losses made by Temasek and the GLC which we will never know, their paycut hardly compensate for it.

In private sector, heads already started to roll, pay cut for ministers is not even close to any punishment for all the losses made in throwing monies away.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
They upped their salary early this year by 33%. Imagaine $1 by 33% will be $1.33. Then down it by 19% yesterday will make it $1.0773. So they still got a 7.73% increase this year for running the biz to the ground!

And of course they will blame it on the external factor that causes this. But what if the next upturn comes? They already told the peasants they will move their pay to 88% of their "nonsenscial top 7 occupation" scale.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont care! what about pay cut for mm and sm. useless positions for retirees. yes they did their bit for god and country, but now in bad times still shamelessly collect salary????? i think they should just get mp pay enough.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont care! what about pay cut for mm and sm. useless positions for retirees. yes they did their bit for god and country, but now in bad times still shamelessly collect salary????? i think they should just get mp pay enough.

Ah Goh during his reign did what LHL doing now. Donate portion to charity, now it's time he got "pay back". LKY was also drawing lowly pay during his time. And now he is collecting 2 times: SM and MM.

But I pity those old guards that retired getting lesser than them for building the foundation yesteryear.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much money do Clown Prince really need?

If he is serious, lead by example, take a 50% pay cut and he can still live like a king.

With the timely elimination of the estate duty tax he and his siblings will inherit everything and not one cent need to go to the country.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Goh during his reign did what LHL doing now. Donate portion to charity, now it's time he got "pay back". LKY was also drawing lowly pay during his time. And now he is collecting 2 times: SM and MM.

But I pity those old guards that retired getting lesser than them for building the foundation yesteryear.

If you donate a big part of your salary to charity in reality you have a bigger take home pay. That's what PM did. Go figure!

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fail to see the resentment. Singaporeans are getting value for money for their leaders. No country can get such excellent leaders so cheaply.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fail to see the resentment. Singaporeans are getting value for money for their leaders. No country can get such excellent leaders so cheaply.

don't try to dodge my question to you....you had said that our government makes smart investment by only betting on winning horses...then can you explain something about the ABC Learning debacle..:oIo:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

No country? u sure? I name you one. Hong Kong.
HK chief only get SGD400K about one tenth what LHL is getting and HK did way better than SG last yr.

What say u?