• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10,000 Fans Turn Up To Celebrate Medal Win With Singapore Paddlers

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paddle pop-stars

Can't locate the CNA version, but this is from the ST :smile:

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Aug 30, 2008

Paddle pop-stars

Women's team trio greeted by 300 cheering fans at Olympic celebration.
By Lin Xinyi

bn-sg-paddlers.jpg

The paddlers were patient and friendly throughout the half-hour autograph session. They shook hands, accepted presents, smiled, and chatted with the fans.
JOSEPH NAIR FOR THE STRAITS TIMES

LESS than 24 hours after emerging from the sombre meeting which put an end to the recent table tennis controversy, national paddlers Li Jiawei, Feng Tianwei and Wang Yuegu were all smiles again.

The Beijing Games silver medallists were greeted by loud cheers as they were ushered through a crowd of 300 fans at the Olympic celebration and autograph session on Saturday.

Their relaxed demeanour was a stark contrast to their sullen expressions in recent days.

Student Habe Choo, 15, said: 'They look much more cheerful. Now that the problem has been resolved, we can all celebrate again.'

The trio were at Ang Mo Kio Hub's FairPrice Xtra to thank fans for their support.

The paddlers were patient and friendly throughout the half-hour autograph session.

They shook hands, accepted presents, smiled, and chatted with the fans.

They also obliged all requests to sign on additional items, even when they encountered the odd fan that whipped out a handful of ping pong balls.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times

S

shajmp1

We have used someone else's rear end to be our face and yet we go on wasting the citizens' money to celebrate while many in Singapore are trying to make ends meet. I pray that we will never winner another medal, otherwise much more money will be wasted in this non sensical pursuit.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 10,000 congregation for a single event/purpose is simply incredible and unbelievable in AMK Hub, for anyone who's been to AMK Hub and knows what a 10,000 congregation look like.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hold your horses! everyone, just checked CNA website at 1945hrs, today. Patwant Singh in his dispatch at 1637hrs on 30/8/08 did not mention a crowd of 10,000. The only figure he wrote was 100 fans seeking autographs. So my question is, who was lying? Someone ought to email Mr.Singh.

Oops!:confused:....if that's the case....my apologies....my bad, got misled by a silly clown's thread title.:p

Cheers.:biggrin:

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Shit Times inflated it by about 3 times. I thought so too when I read the papers as even a 5 year old kid could tell that the photographer used wide lens & yet there was small crowd with lots of spaces between themselves. So how can it be 300 people lah?!

Shit Times reporters, stop telling LIEs hor, as you will BURN IN HELL in your after life forever with so many of us CURSING YOU por lam par pap shit!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. some cannot differentiate between 300 & 10,000..:biggrin:

out of 300, 100 happen to be shopping, 100 happen to be ntuc staff, 50 happen from STTF..

so only 50 kaypohs left..

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I advocate strongly that Singaporean should collectively sue the media for giving false informations since it was given the power to influence a larger audience of the republic and may caused undue inconveniences to many who trust the news:mad: Shall we all adopt LKY style of threatening and suing for misleading informations? So that reporters will be bound by sinkies and not pap.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
I advocate strongly that Singaporean should collectively sue the media for giving false informations snce it influenced a larger audience of the republic and may caused undue inconveniences to many who might use:mad: the informations.

May I suggest that you read through the postings in this thread before coming to the conclusion that the media is at fault....Cheers :smile:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I suggest that you read through the postings in this thread before coming to the conclusion that the media is at fault....Cheers :smile:

I am not referring to this news. There were many other news that were not factually reported in the past.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not referring to this news. There were many other news that were not factually reported in the past.

OIC...If that's the case why don't you open a thread for us to hear your concerns and perhaps we all can chip in for a lively discussion ya!:p

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. some cannot differentiate between 300 & 10,000..:biggrin:

out of 300, 100 happen to be shopping, 100 happen to be ntuc staff, 50 happen from STTF..

so only 50 kaypohs left..

When did all you Artards become Accountants?