• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

碧贵园集团 Country Garden

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? How come i heard that CG Danga Bay sales is good. Already 80% units bought. As i know the only project that are going to be ghost town is Setia Eco Cascadia. So many flippers bought and now trying to let go at iProperty and Propertyguru. Now Mercury type units lelong...... Hazel also subsales lelong.
Don't be misled easily... this project is doom for sure!
A few of my friends backed off the deal after putting deposit to book a unit there. Luckily they got back 95% of their deposit.
Imagine this project there are 9000 units,where to find the tenants? The rich ah tiongs will not live in jb cos they will rather stay in singapore..

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just reiterate that, those that loudly said that CG Danga Bay will be a ghost town need to get their head examined. Why not just go to SEC and see how many house are lighted at night. That is an obvious ghost town if compare to CG Danga Bay. If anyone want to talk about ghost town, non can match the infamous SEC.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just reiterate that, those that loudly said that CG Danga Bay will be a ghost town need to get their head examined. Why not just go to SEC and see how many house are lighted at night. That is an obvious ghost town if compare to CG Danga Bay. If anyone want to talk about ghost town, non can match the infamous SEC.

These Chinese developers are big big timers. If I got money, which one shall I invest? It seemed like Country Garden is doing very well.

Between both R & F and Country Garden, which project in JB is doing better?

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are likely to be same.
But I think RF is govt linked, whereas the Country Garden is not.
Although I can be mistaken. Maybe govt link more sure.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually those that need to have their head examined are the shop owners there.
Many had started business with good faith but many had also shuttered within a very short time and new tenants moved in.
Seems like the first batch of shops had mostly closed, imagine how much money and resources were wasted.
There was this Tea Garden restaurant with many branches in JB but the CG branch was just closed after two very quiet years until cannot tahan and yet, the shop is now under renovation for another F&B outlet.
Visited again last week, poor business everywhere, wonder how those large eateries can manage to survive with less than 10 customers during meal times and empty most times.
In future, the shopping mall will add another hundred more shops....... so the fate of the shop owners will depend on how the management run and promote the mall.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are likely to be same.
But I think RF is govt linked, whereas the Country Garden is not.
Although I can be mistaken. Maybe govt link more sure.

Country Garden equally has the support of the government. They now have 3 mega projects in Malaysia whereas R & F is still starting.
Both are big time Chinese developers so the quality would be more or less the same.

In terms of space and planning, I think CG is better. And CG is complemented by the neighbouring developments. So the numbers are there for any commercial activities. R & F is more stand alone and success depend on its phase 2, 3 or 4. The Straits is wider here while R & F is narrower. Traffic congestion and air pollution is bad near the Causeway. Therefore, in my opinion, if I got money, I would buy this Country Garden over R & F.

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing that the malaysian gahmen has failed to solve is the crime rate.
Who will come to live in jb when there is no security? Petty crime rates so rampant in jb,your car will be stolen b4 u even know it.There is fear taking cabs @night and u won't feel safe for your family member going out by themselves @ night..
With no security, who will come live in jb?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden equally has the support of the government. They now have 3 mega projects in Malaysia whereas R & F is still starting.
Both are big time Chinese developers so the quality would be more or less the same.

In terms of space and planning, I think CG is better. And CG is complemented by the neighbouring developments. So the numbers are there for any commercial activities. R & F is more stand alone and success depend on its phase 2, 3 or 4. The Straits is wider here while R & F is narrower. Traffic congestion and air pollution is bad near the Causeway. Therefore, in my opinion, if I got money, I would buy this Country Garden over R & F.

CG was kinda developed all in one go - all 9,000 units of apartments plus a mall with hundreds of shops and another shopping street which is already in operation now.
Now that the construction approaching 15th floor for the apartments, you don't have to imagine from the layout plans but actually can see how congested the whole place is physically.
Many people I know who bought property for self stay had preferred landed in low density areas in the suburb with big living space and greenery.
I think those who bought the high density city apartments are mainly investors, both local and foreign and many SPRs who prefer the proximity to go to work daily.
As for the investors, many are flippers while many others were hopeful to fetch a good yield in rental to service their installment.
Look at the recent completed Tropez Residence nearby, its mostly still unoccupied and there are many banners flying from the balconies seeking rental / sale, the future CG will be quite similar.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the commercial lots at Country Garden leased out or sold?
If sold to individuals then better avoid else it will become a badly maintained slum area

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CG was kinda developed all in one go - all 9,000 units of apartments plus a mall with hundreds of shops and another shopping street which is already in operation now.
Now that the construction approaching 15th floor for the apartments, you don't have to imagine from the layout plans but actually can see how congested the whole place is physically.
Many people I know who bought property for self stay had preferred landed in low density areas in the suburb with big living space and greenery.
I think those who bought the high density city apartments are mainly investors, both local and foreign and many SPRs who prefer the proximity to go to work daily.
As for the investors, many are flippers while many others were hopeful to fetch a good yield in rental to service their installment.
Look at the recent completed Tropez Residence nearby, its mostly still unoccupied and there are many banners flying from the balconies seeking rental / sale, the future CG will be quite similar.

The question of the day is: R & F or Country Garden is better?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't look optimistic. Can do a simple projection of what will happen to the whole place in 2-3 years' time. It was far too ambitious a project. Not just for CG but the other areas in general.

Can't see where businesses, new property buyers and tenants are going to come from for a very long time.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes even with the slowdown in the HSR project is not helping things.
With Khaw asking for reevaluation of interest, it's basically resetting the project

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both are developed by Chinese companies.
Both are in good neighborhood
Both are expensive by local standard
Both are high density development
Both are commercial cum residential development
Both promised high quality finishing
Both have impressive showrooms and luxuriously finished showflats
Both promised white sandy beaches and pristine clear water for all kind of watersports like in Gold Coast.
Both were build on recently reclaimed land.
Both adopt aggressive and expensive marketing campaign locally and abroad.
But
Both are not selling well with thousands of units left after 2 years in the market.
WHY??
So how to conclude which is better.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think R&F is better due to its location (nearer to CIQ and future RTS station). This question reminded me one nagging question that bug me for quite sometimes. I have have great interest in Setia Eco Cascadia and Eco Summer. Can anyone share or advise me which is the best bet now for investment purpose since SEC subsales unit are cheaper than Eco Summer units.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are developed by Chinese companies.
Both are in good neighborhood
Both are expensive by local standard
Both are high density development
Both are commercial cum residential development
Both promised high quality finishing
Both have impressive showrooms and luxuriously finished showflats
Both promised white sandy beaches and pristine clear water for all kind of watersports like in Gold Coast.
Both were build on recently reclaimed land.
Both adopt aggressive and expensive marketing campaign locally and abroad.
But
Both are not selling well with thousands of units left after 2 years in the market.
WHY??
So how to conclude which is better.

Is this a trick question? It's a choice of Lesser of 2 evils, or a case of "head I LOSE, tail you WIN". Choosing either doesn't make sense, oops is it cents

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a trick question? It's a choice of Lesser of 2 evils, or a case of "head I LOSE, tail you WIN". Choosing either doesn't make sense, oops is it cents

No it is not a trick question. You have so many super cash rich Chinese developers in JB ie. Vanda, Greenland, CG, R & F.
My relative received a brochure some time ago from one of this projects through email subscription and was impressed.
Then he was saying...if he want to buy, whose shall I choose?
He is the old school patriotic Malaysian Chinese now staying in Tampoi. He is buying it for his children.
He like to support Chinese developers. But some say CG is the best but at the same time say R & F is better than the best.

So, which one to choose?

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it is not a trick question. You have so many super cash rich Chinese developers in JB ie. Vanda, Greenland, CG, R & F.
My relative received a brochure some time ago from one of this projects through email subscription and was impressed.
He is the old school patriotic Malaysian Chinese now staying in Tampoi. He is buying it for his children.
He like to support Chinese developers. But some say CG is the best but at the same time say R & F is better than the best.

So, which one to choose?

There is no such thing as best..
Buy what he can afford..
I go with R&F because I am a vested owner..
Hee hee

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no such thing as best..
Buy what he can afford..
I go with R&F because I am a vested owner..
Hee hee

I will go for R&F too due its superb location. Since majority of people here already mentioned they prefer R&F, tekkun should tell his relative to go for it!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, which one to choose?

Your question have been answered.... go for R&F. :wink:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will go for R&F too due its superb location. Since majority of people here already mentioned they prefer R&F, tekkun should tell his relative to go for it!

When US$700 million was found in a very famous person's personal bank account, he said it was not for "personal gain".
And you also believed 100%??

Last edited: