• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

碧贵园集团 Country Garden

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
CGDB has planned to replace the balcony glass window hand rail with lousy cheap metal hand rail. Just visited the real sample constructed site last weekend. Cheating start NOW. Real sad. If you bought one, just asked your sale whether it is true. CGDB may say it is not inside the SPA.

Cheating? Sure bor.... All building materials are clearly written in SPA ....how to cheat? Don't simply anti China Developer lar.

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
When signed the contracts, only half year later got SPA. Not balcony rail material indicated inside SPA. Of course, CGDB can say you can do anything not inside SPA. But all the ads (displayed model, ads videos, what sale said) showed the glass rail on balcony. Now change to metal rail, is it cheating or not? I am not one to anti china developer, I was first one to support CGDB project and bought one at first opening of the project. If you search what have done Country garden in china, you will know how bad CG cheated the owners. Just simple search website.
Another one is about the inductor cooker. The showroom showed the label of standard spec. on the inductor cooker. Now CGDB changed it to gas cooker. Any owners of CGDB may just call your sale about the issues about the inductor cooker and balcony glass rail. CGDB ads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXlWPcEs48

Attachments

• CGDB.jpg
    CGDB.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 998

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When signed the contracts, only half year later got SPA. Not balcony rail material indicated inside SPA. Of course, CGDB can say you can do anything not inside SPA. But all the ads (displayed model, ads videos, what sale said) showed the glass rail on balcony. Now change to metal rail, is it cheating or not? I am not one to anti china developer, I was first one to support CGDB project and bought one at first opening of the project. If you search what have done Country garden in china, you will know how bad CG cheated the owners. Just simple search website.
Another one is about the inductor cooker. The showroom showed the label of standard spec. on the inductor cooker. Now CGDB changed it to gas cooker. Any owners of CGDB may just call your sale about the issues about the inductor cooker and balcony glass rail. CGDB ads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXlWPcEs48

I am sorry for my earlier statement. Didn't know you are one of the owner. My advise is stay positive. At the end of day, the overall quality of for condo unit is more important than the balcony and the inductor cooker spec. Some local developer are even worst in using CG to deceive the potential buyers. Just look at the below pic and you will understand what i mean. Our SP Setia CG is even more solid....
secc22.jpg

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
CG should not learn from some local developers. CGDB is its first even 5 stars foreign condo project in JB. CG brand is more important than the inductor cooker and glass rail. But owners real care about these changes.
I do not know how much CGDB can save for inductor cooker and glass rail. just pity for CG. CGDB have more 2000+, some said 4000+ unsold. Now the new sold units do not even need to pay last 5% payment.
Now it has to start to cut cost. one possible is CG has finance pressure or problem. If CG has this bad image, Let us see how CGDB to sell its remaining and its forest city. All the current owners and future owners take care.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
CG should not learn from some local developers. CGDB is its first even 5 stars foreign condo project in JB. CG brand is more important than the inductor cooker and glass rail. But owners real care about these changes.
I do not know how much CGDB can save for inductor cooker and glass rail. just pity for CG. CGDB have more 2000+, some said 4000+ unsold. Now the new sold units do not even need to pay last 5% payment.
Now it has to start to cut cost. one possible is CG has finance pressure or problem. If CG has this bad image, Let us see how CGDB to sell its remaining and its forest city. All the current owners and future owners take care.

Yes. I agree with you on this. CG should not have did this alteration. Anyway, i am still hopeful that CG can be a success banging on its location and the nice surrounding.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the China slowdown and it's multi billion commitment in Iskandar I think they should be under pressure.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I agree with you on this. CG should not have did this alteration. Anyway, i am still hopeful that CG can be a success banging on its location and the nice surrounding.

My PRC Chinese relatives came over to take a look at CG Danga Bay about a year ago. The sales person was a Chinese. They were commenting to him about the cheap laminated flooring, etc. The sales person just commented “你懂的” (aka you should know).

Chinese properties are built for 70 years leasehold as per their land laws. CG builds entire towns to last for at most 70 years. They are not building real luxury apartments. 5 star level is really 3 star by Singapore standards.

By the way, it also means that they are highly leveraged. I don't know how you can relax when Malaysia ringgit is hitting an all time low, foreign reserves are depleting fast, Chinese economy is slowing (just look at the recent manufacturing data), and a tremendous supply of residential unit in JB. Singapore's government already shared that Johor's new residential units equal to the total number of private properties in Singapore. Mind you, JB has less than 1/3 of Singapore population.

Maybe because you can wait for 50 years bah.

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
My PRC Chinese relatives came over to take a look at CG Danga Bay about a year ago. The sales person was a Chinese. They were commenting to him about the cheap laminated flooring, etc. The sales person just commented “你懂的” (aka you should know).

Chinese properties are built for 70 years leasehold as per their land laws. CG builds entire towns to last for at most 70 years. They are not building real luxury apartments. 5 star level is really 3 star by Singapore standards.

By the way, it also means that they are highly leveraged. I don't know how you can relax when Malaysia ringgit is hitting an all time low, foreign reserves are depleting fast, Chinese economy is slowing (just look at the recent manufacturing data), and a tremendous supply of residential unit in JB. Singapore's government already shared that Johor's new residential units equal to the total number of private properties in Singapore. Mind you, JB has less than 1/3 of Singapore population.

Maybe because you can wait for 50 years bah.

I think that CG may need to consider its forest city project. If CG do not mind about complain of the owners in CGDB and create bad image in CGDB project, how can it promote the forest city project. Such bad image is so easy created, but extremely hard to recovery. just like, Johor's local developer, Mahabuilder, MB group, due to its lousy delivery for its first even luxury condo project and several another condo projects, there are too many bad feedbacks on its facebook. MB group was forced to close and suspect its facebook. Of course, any its existed owners will not touch its projects anymore. The developer's trust is invaluable.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that CG may need to consider its forest city project. If CG do not mind about complain of the owners in CGDB and create bad image in CGDB project, how can it promote the forest city project. Such bad image is so easy created, but extremely hard to recovery. just like, Johor's local developer, Mahabuilder, MB group, due to its lousy delivery for its first even luxury condo project and several another condo projects, there are too many bad feedbacks on its facebook. MB group was forced to close and suspect its facebook. Of course, any its existed owners will not touch its projects anymore. The developer's trust is invaluable.

You are right. Good image is very important. When SP Setia did a lousy job at SkyLoft Service Apartment at Bukit Indah, their reputation suffered badly. Now, many people lose confident with this developer.

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This forum is scammed. It's the playground of cslong and his clones to blindly promote cheena projects and projects which he has personal interest in, and anti-setia at all cost. Avoid this forum at all cost! You have been warned again. It's a bloody kelong forum! Hahaha cheers :smile:

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news. Heard that CG will use the glass rail in the balcony. This is just country garden's 5 star brand. THX.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great! My take is, china developer anytime better than local developer. Don't worry.

But i can tell u this project CG danga bay is doom for sure!
Too many units there n it will be a ghost town.Doubt the majority prc buyers will be staying there as many bought to rent it out. Problem is where to find so many tenants?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i can tell u this project CG danga bay is doom for sure!
Too many units there n it will be a ghost town.Doubt the majority prc buyers will be staying there as many bought to rent it out. Problem is where to find so many tenants?

PRC buyers are super rich. They can afford to leave it empty.
No need tenants also no problems.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC's super rich? That's definitely not true! Many are just big spenders n they are not rich.,living like there is no tomorrow.So many of CG danga bay buyers who bought initially backed off the deal.This place will be a ghost town in time to come.Don't mean to pour cold water but that's the reality,sad to say.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the buyers are rich, they would not have bought CG danga bay!
They would have gone for the higher end properties in KLCC area or Penang.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC's super rich? That's definitely not true! Many are just big spenders n they are not rich.,living like there is no tomorrow.So many of CG danga bay buyers who bought initially backed off the deal.This place will be a ghost town in time to come.Don't mean to pour cold water but that's the reality,sad to say.

Really? How come i heard that CG Danga Bay sales is good. Already 80% units bought. As i know the only project that are going to be ghost town is Setia Eco Cascadia. So many flippers bought and now trying to let go at iProperty and Propertyguru. Now Mercury type units lelong...... Hazel also subsales lelong.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's better not to guess the amount of sales of CG. No one knows the real amount and the ordinary sales people will never tell us the truth. Maybe they don't even know!

There's a lot of talk and rumours. Some say 80% sales, some say 60%, some say less than half, the more pessimistic ones say it's a complete flop, etc. All those figures are "heard by someone" but there is no official verification. When you combine a 3rd world country like Malaysia with "anything also can" China, it's really anything goes! There is no proper and strict system like Singapore where you can easily check the facts and figures.

There is also another rumour that says many China Chinese were the first buyers. They got it as a "buy 1 get 1 free" offer by the developer. But this rumour has not been verified though I won't be surprised if it's true. CG doesn't mean much to them. Why would they want to live there and work in Malaysia? If these Chinese really bought units there, some say it's to "wash dirty money" if you know what I mean. Most likely, they are simply flipping them to get the cash and say goodbye.

Many of the sellers who flipped CG by selling RM30-50k more than the early bird prices were from China. They were the ones whom the developer first released the units to. Unfortunately, many from Singapore didn't do sufficient homework and mistook it for a good opportunity. They picked up the crumbs thrown away by the China buyers and were sucked into paying the extra costs.

The number of units in CG is just too massive. It's unthinkable. Whether it's for own stay or investment, it's just out of the world but not in a good sense. Almost always, those who are against Iskandar properties will cite CG as the "notorious" development that will fail badly in terms of being a ghost town, little value, no rental, no buyer, poor workmanship and ultimately left to "decay" through time that is typical of some JB condos.

Last edited: