• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ Bundesliga Season 2012-13 ║║

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zorc: Dortmund want Lewandowski to stay

By Paul Gorst
Mar 20, 2013 5:20:00 PM

197457hp2.jpg

The club's sporting director feels there is no reason for the Polish striker to leave the German champions this summer

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has said that the club do not want to lose Robert Lewandowksi at the end of the campaign.

The Polish striker has been linked with Manchester United and Bayern Munich in recent months, but the 50-year-old has no desire to see a player of such quality leave the Westfalenstadion.

"He has developed into a world-class player with us in the last three years," the former Germany international told Sport Bild.

"Lewandowski is among the best three strikers in Europe. We don't depend on a transfer fee this term. Why shouldn't he stay another season?"

Zorc went on to say that he would like to see playmaker Mario Gotze remain with the German champions until he retires.

"I'd love to keep Mario at BVB until he's 35," he continued.

"We're planning the next years with him. It's our desire that he'll stay for a long time and he knows that. Mario feels very comfortable at BVB. He and his agent will deal with his future responsibly, I'm sure of that."

Jurgen Klopp’s side have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they face Malaga.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga | 20.03.2013 22:26:39

TITLE-WINNING WOLF JOSUE HEADING HOME

wob_plate_magath_josue_628.jpg

Josue (r.) skippered the Wolfsburg side that Felix Magath (l.) led to a first-ever Bundesliga title in 2009

Wolfsburg - Josue, the captain of the VfL Wolfsburg side who stormed to the Bundesliga title in 2008/09, is set to return to his native Brazil to sign up with Atletico Mineiro on a two-year contract.

The 33-year-old midfielder, who has turned out 164 times in the Bundesliga for the Wolves since joining them from Sao Paolo FC in 2007, said, "I'm obviously sad to be leaving Wolfsburg as well, but this is a big challenge for me and one I'm looking forward to. It's been a wonderful time at VfL, with all its ups and downs. This is where I made my breakthrough, and the club will always have a special place in my heart."

"Great service" to Wolfsburg

"Josue is one of the most successful players ever to represent VfL Wolfsburg," said sporting director Klaus Allofs; "This move is an interesting opportunity for him, which we've agreed to on account of the great service he's given VfL. We'll be keeping in touch with Josue, and wish him all the best for his future.

Head coach Dieter Hecking echoed those sentiments, adding of the 28-time Brazil international's departure that, "It's not easy to let such a commendable player go."

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga | 20.03.2013 20:27:41

LÖW CONSIDERING 'FALSE NO9'

dfb_arm_flick_loew_628.jpg

Germany coach Joachim Löw (r.) and Hans-Dieter 'Hansi' Flick weigh up which system to play on Friday in the Kazakh capital of Astana

Frankfurt - Having only one available striker would likely be a concern to most coaches, but not Germany boss Joachim Löw, who is considering playing without one entirely in Germany's 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Kazakhstan on Friday (kick-off 19:00 CET).

The three-time world champions tested the system with four defenders and six midfielders in the second half of last year's goalless friendly in the Netherlands and again in February's 2-1 victory over France, but they are yet to play without a nominal centre forward in a competitive game.

"Different players up front"

"I've been considering the idea for a while," said Löw from the squad's pre-flight base in Frankfurt. "The idea is to have different players go up front [during a game], who of course have to look to finish and be threats in front of goal." Assistant coach Hans-Dieter 'Hansi' Flick similarly referred to the system that world and European champions Spain have perfected in recent years as "an option. We'll wait and see what happens in training and then decide".

The fact that Friday's encounter at the Astana Arena will be held on artificial turf gives further reason to believe Löw might opt for technically more accomplished players in attack rather than a more physical forward like FC Bayern Munich's Mario Gomez, with the 53-year-old coach explaining that the unfamiliar surface "could even be to our advantage", while Flick added the pitch would demand the players to "pass more accurately."

Schweinsteiger, Khedira and Podolski resume

Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Mario Götze is one of a handful of players being touted for the 'false No9' role having played there in the recent win in France after Gomez had been substituted. The latter, however, remains an alternative despite limited first-team football with the runaway Bundesliga leaders this term.

Gomez's Bayern colleague Bastian Schweinsteiger has meanwhile returned to full training along with Real Madrid CF star Sami Khedira and Arsenal FC's Lukas Podolski, so Germany are likely to have all of their 20 remaining players available for the match following the withdrawals of Lars and Sven Bender, as well as Toni Kroos.

Danube

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Josue joins Atletico Mineiro after Wolfsburg release
The former Selecao star has signed for the Brazilian club on a free transfer after the club he spent over five-and-a-half years at decided to let him leave

TimWiese

Alfrescian
Loyal

243131_thumb.jpg

Javi Martinez: I am not angry with Del Bosque
The former Athletic Bilbao star has stressed that he does not have any problems with the Roja coach and is determined to win back his place

265236_thumb.jpg

Victory all that mattered for Germany, says Low
The Mannschaft extended their lead over Sweden in Group C following Friday's results, much to the satisfaction of the 53-year-old

262865_thumb.jpg

Juventus and Schalke to meet over Draxler
The Bianconeri are keen to secure the signature of the teenage midfielder as his stock continues to rise

207270_thumb.jpg

Kroos laughs off Heynckes criticism
The midfielder has rubbished suggestions the club have suffered a dip in form, after Uli Hoeness and Oliver Kahn hit out at the side in recent weeks

174427_thumb.jpg

Simeone tips Borussia Dortmund for Champions League glory
The Argentine coach says the German club will win the competition, whilst outlining his vision for his own side after penning a new contract

218234_thumb.jpg

Low has revolutionised German football, says Fringer
The former Stuttgart coach has nothing but praise for the 53-year-old, and believes he has changed foreign perception of the team

258005_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United are attractive, admits Gotze
The Germany international has flirted with the idea of a move to three of Europe's biggest clubs

261456_thumb.jpg

Dortmund interested in Dzeko, says Zorc
The Manchester City striker has been linked with a move to BVB and the club's sporting director would like to see a transfer happen

263548_thumb.jpg

Robben yearning for Champions League glory
The Bayern winger has set his sights on European glory having missed out on the crown several times in the past

203033_thumb.jpg

I have arrived as a leading player, says Neuer
The Bayern Munich man believes he has evolved in recent times and is now a commanding and organised presence behind the back four

142893_thumb.jpg

Diego flattered by Atletico Madrid rumours
The Brazilian spent the whole of last season on loan at the Vicente Calderon and has welcomed any potential link with the club

264195_thumb.jpg

Gomez: Every team needs a 'killer'
The prolific Bayern Munich striker has rubbished suggestions that his goalscoring art is a dying trade

239791_thumb.jpg

Bayern can win the Champions League, says Toni
The former Roten forward believes the Bundesliga leaders have the potential to beat another of his old clubs, Juventus

260524_thumb.jpg

Gundogan has come on leaps and bounds, says Klopp
The Dortmund coach is delighted by the rapid progress made by the 22-year-old since his transfer to Signal Iduna Park

253139_thumb.jpg

Muller: I would play up front for Germany
The Bayern Munich star has admitted that he would be open to filling in as a striker in the absence of Miroslav Klose

259090_thumb.jpg

Robben: International break will benefit Bayern
The Dutchman has voiced his opinion that the international games will help the FCB players stay fresh at this stage of the season

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hoeness: Few Barca & Madrid stars would be starters at Bayern

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 21, 2013 12:50:00 PM

160777hp2.jpg

The FCB supremo feels the German giants already have plenty of stars and does not think they are anything less than the Liga duo

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness believes only one or two Barcelona and Real Madrid players are good enough to break into the starting XI at the Bundesliga leaders.

Both Spanish powerhouses are seen as two of the best teams around in the game, but Hoeness feels Bayern are at least on par with Barca and Madrid when it comes to their squad strength.

"I think there are only one or two Barca and Real players who would start for Bayern," Hoeness told ESM.

When asked which Spanish players he would sign for Bayern if he had the chance, Hoeness admitted he would like to see two Barcelona stars at the Allianz Arena side.

"Which Spanish players I would like to bring to Bayern? [Andres] Iniesta and Jordi Alba ...

"However, we already have very good players at Bayern."

The Bundesliga giants have been linked with a number of high-profile names following the announcement that Pep Guardiola will become the club's new coach, but they have so far refused to discuss any potential transfer targets.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kroos laughs off Heynckes criticism

By Will Jones
Mar 22, 2013 4:22:00 PM

207270hp2.jpg

The midfielder has rubbished suggestions the club have suffered a dip in form, after Uli Hoeness and Oliver Kahn hit out at the side in recent weeks

Toni Kroos has defended Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes following criticism of the Bavarians from several high profile figures.

The FCB boss has been under scrutiny over the club's alleged dip in form, with club president Uli Hoeness and former goalkeeper Oliver Kahn hitting out at the side following the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Arsenal.

Bayern legend Franz Beckenbauer then backed Hoeness, despite the fact that result remains their only loss in 2013 and the Bundesliga leaders still advanced to the quarter-finals of the competition.

"It must be purely in their heads," Kroos told abendzeitung-muenchen.de.

"Everyone is focused and concentrating on the next game in front of us."

The 23-year-old missed the Bundesliga leaders' 2-1 victory over Bayer Leverkusen with a knee injury, but predicts he will be back in action within a week.

"It looks better by the day," added Kroos.

The midfielder will miss Germany's World Cup 2014 qualification double header with Kazakhstan on 22 and 26 March.

Die Roten's next match is against Hamburg after the international break, before they face a tough test against Juventus in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kiessling: I will not play for Germany under Low

By Henry Jackson
Mar 22, 2013 5:20:00 PM

254544hp2.jpg

The 29-year-old has given up hope of another international call-up under the current national team management

Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling says he does not expect to play again for Germany under Joachim Low.

The 29-year-old was not selected in the squad for the latest World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Kazakhstan on Friday and Tuesday, and now believes hopes of a call-up in the near future are all but lost.

"The statements he has made means I'm not very hopeful. For me it's all right that the issue is forgotten," Kiessling told Bild.

Low has often not picked Kiessling because of his style of play, preferring smaller, more technical players like Mario Gotze and Marco Reus instead.

"Kiessling is playing well in the league, but internationally the air is sometimes thin," Low said recently regarding the suitability of the striker's aerial attributes in the international game.

However, the Leverkusen star was quick to pour cold water on suggestions he could quit Germany duty following his latest snub.

"Why should I resign? For God's sake. In football anything can happen quite quickly," he added.

"But I do not have much chance with him anymore, which is okay for me."

Kiessling made his debut for the national side in 2007, and has made six appearances for die Mannschaft.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga - Sponsors ditch Hoffenheim

Bundesliga strugglers Hoffenheim have been ditched by their Chinese sponsors one year before their deal was set to end.

Eurosport – Wed, Mar 20, 2013 17:12 GMT

882228-14822509-640-360.jpg

In 2011 Hoffenheim, who are second bottom in the German top flight, signed a three-year contract with solar energy company Suntech, whose logo is emblazoned on kit and merchandise.

But financial problems within the sector have led Suntech to withdraw their business, which was costing them 4.5million euros a year.

There was no comment from Hoffenheim, who are reportedly shocked at the decision.

The club are 17th in the 18-team Bundesliga, five points ahead of bottom side Augsburg but four points behind 16th-placed Fortuna Dusseldorf, who occupy the relegation play-off spot.

Danube

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Draxler 'honoured' by Inter interest
The Germany international feels flattered that several big clubs are keeping tabs on him, but has stressed he has an ongoing contract with his current team

TimWiese

Alfrescian
Loyal

173256_thumb.jpg

Chelsea loanee Bruma considering Dutch return
The defender, currently on loan at Hamburg, would consider moving back to his homeland as he looks to become a regular for his national team

198699_thumb.jpg

Hannover eye Bittencourt loan
H96 president Martin Kind has admitted his interest in the Dortmund youngster, who has found first-team chances sparing this season

177193_thumb.jpg

Schalke open contract talks with Jones
The former Germany international intends on seeing his career out in the MLS, but his current club want him to stay put for now

264417_thumb.jpg

Veh signs one-year extension with Frankfurt
The Bundesliga side announced the boss signed a new contract at the beginning of the week, which is set to see him stay for another season

163598_thumb.jpg

'A dream come true!' - German jubilation for Herrmann
The Gladbach talent is delighted with the opportunity of making his debut for his country, while former team-mate Marco Reus has praised his development

266391_thumb.jpg

De Bruyne admits uncertainty over Chelsea future
The 21-year-old midfielder has enjoyed two spells out on loan since the club secured his permanent signature in 2012 but has hinted he may move elsewhere at the end of the campaign

146321_thumb.jpg

Rafinha eager to stay at Bayern Munich and work with Guardiola
The Brazilian has made just 10 appearances in all competitions this season but is insistent that he will see out his contract at the Allianz Arena

228577_thumb.jpg

Germany will go to the World Cup to win it, says Gotze
The Borussia Dortmund man says the national side have "big ambitions" and are determined to win the trophy for the first time since 1990

259119_thumb.jpg

Gundogan: I want to face Bayern Munich in Champions League final
The midfielder has set his sights on an all-German final, but has insisted that BVB will have to focus on their quarter-final tie versus Malaga first

232622_thumb.jpg

Benat's agent denies contact between Betis & Bayern
The ex-Athletic Bilbao starlet has been linked with a move to Pep Guardiola's Bavarians in the summer, but Jose Vicente Biurrun said that the player could stay through next season

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guardiola asked my opinion about Bayern, says Toni

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 26, 2013 11:30:00 AM

239791hp2.jpg

The Fiorentina striker has revealed that his ex-team-mate contacted him before deciding to make the move to the Bundesliga

Luca Toni has revealed that future Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola spoke to him about the club before penning a three-year deal with the Bavarians.

The Fiorentina striker and former Barcelona coach were team-mates at Brescia between 2001 and 2003, and Guardiola did not hesitate to get in touch with Toni to enquire about his time at the Allianz Arena.

"He called me at some point and asked me how the conditions were in Munich and how my time at the club was. I then already thought that he was on his way to Bayern," Toni was quoted as saying by TZ.

"Bayern are a fantastic club. His decision to move to Bayern was great for him personally and for the club as well. Bayern now have one of the best coaches in the world.

"I believe that he can turn Bayern into Europe's undisputed No.1 within a few years."

Toni wore the Bayern jersey from 2007 until 2010, winning one Bundesliga title and the DFB-Pokal during his stay in Munich.

Gestapo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scharner eager for Hamburg return after Wigan loan spell
The on-loan Latics defender is keen to return to this parent club because he feels he has unfinished business in the Bundesliga

TimWiese

Alfrescian
Loyal

227868_thumb.jpg

Agent: Damiao open to Napoli move
The Brazil international seems almost certain to join a top European side this season, with the Partenopei, Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham Hotspur all seemingly interested

227995_thumb.jpg

Heynckes to test Gustavo-Schweinsteiger axis
With Javi Martinez suspended for the clash with Juventus, the Bayern boss will experiment with the Brazilian alongside Bastian Schweinsteiger in midfield on Saturday

267126_thumb.jpg

Beck calls on Hoffenheim to fight for survival
The 26-year-old has urged his team-mates to unite in their battle to beat the drop from the Bundesliga, but concedes the odds are against them

165784_thumb.jpg

Voller: Bayern can win the Champions League
The Leverkusen director feels the Bavarian giants could go all the way in Europe, and is not surprised by their domestic dominance

264549_thumb.jpg

Herrmann will not leave in summer, says Gladbach sporting director
The Gladbach sporting director says that the German international will not be leaving the club, especially as the side is moving in the right direction

255186_thumb.jpg

I won't congratulate Bayern yet, insists Klopp
The Bavarians could be crowned German champions this weekend if results work in their favour, but the BVB boss is determined to put the champagne on ice for a little longer

261463_thumb.jpg

Macheda: Man Utd return is pointless
The 21-year-old believes he suffered from the weight of expectation at Old Trafford, but has not ruled out a return to the club in the future

215650_thumb.jpg

Javi Martinez: I never had any doubts over Bayern Munich move
The former Athletic Bilbao midfielder revealed he had always dreamt of a switch abroad and is more than content with his choice of destination

175352_thumb.jpg

Van der Vaart: Hamburg need a star like Robben or Ribery
The Netherlands star believes the club should look to add a game-changing player in the mould of the Bayern Munich duo to their ranks this summer

228159_thumb.jpg

Voller: Fernandes needs to be more aggressive
The Bayer Leverkusen sporting director has not been impressed by the Chile international's performances so far and says he needs to toughen up

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga preview: Bayern await Hamburg visit

29 March 2013

314827header.jpg

Bayern Munich will look to extend their 17-match unbeaten streak in the Bundesliga when they host Hamburg on Saturday.

The Bavarian giants have been in stunning form domestically, winning their last nine fixtures and conceding just four goals in the process.

And that has seen them claim a 20-point lead at the top of the table, with a 23rd top-flight title just weeks away.

Key to Bayern's success this season has been their variety of scoring options.

The signing of Mario Mandzukic has proved a masterstroke, with the Croatian following on from a terrific Euro 2012 with 15 goals in 21 Bundesliga appearances.

Germans Thomas Mueller (12 goals in 22) and Mario Gomez (seven in 14) have also impressed while the likes of Franck Ribery, Toni Kroos, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Arjen Robben have weighed in with goals from midfield.

Bayern have scored 69 times in 26 Bundesliga matches, which makes a mockery of Hamburg's paltry 30 strikes.

But the eighth-placed side won on their last road trip – a 1-0 success at Stuttgart – and will enjoy the pressure being on their opponents at the Allianz Arena.

"We clearly are the underdog but this role fits us well," Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink said.

"That's why I believe we can get some points in Munich. We want to play cheekily and offensive ... and if we will lose, than at least it will be after a good performance.

"To play Bayern is always something special, they are always the big favourite. They didn't concede many goals but (Fortuna) Dusseldorf showed us how you can score against them.

"Arsenal won there (in Munich in the UEFA Champions League) and we will try very hard to do that too. Everything is possible in football and I always trust in my team."

While the title race is all but over, an exciting battle between Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen for second place is set for a thrilling finale.

Dortmund, who have won the last two league titles, sit four points clear of Leverkusen and travel to 12th-placed Stuttgart on Saturday.

Leverkusen are also on the road on Saturday and will visit Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Fourth-placed Eintracht Frankfurt will fancy their chances at bottom-placed Greuther Furth on Sunday, while the other game that day sees Wolfsburg host Nurenberg.

Other fixtures on Saturday see Schalke battle Hoffenheim, Borussia Moenchengladbach go to Freiburg, Mainz take on Werder Bremen and Augsburg meet Hannover.
INFO

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It was an honour to work with Mourinho, says Sahin

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 28, 2013 8:40:00 AM

248780hp2.jpg

The Turkey international has fond memories of his time at Real Madrid, and has praised his former coach's honesty

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin says it was an "honour" to have worked with Jose Mourinho during his time at Real Madrid.

The midfielder left BVB for Madrid in the summer of 2011, but failed to secure regular first team action under Mourinho.

He returned to Dortmund on an 18-month loan deal this winter after an unsuccessful loan spell at Liverpool in the first-half of the season, yet he has fond memories of his time with Mourinho.

"It was an honour to work with Mourinho. He was always honest to me and treated me fairly. He always said everything to me in private," Sahin was quoted as saying by Sport Bild.

"From the outside, people will perhaps say that I failed abroad. It was simply not meant to be, though, and I also played my part in it."

Sahin has made eight Bundesliga appearances since his return to BVB, scoring two goals in the process.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern Munich missing two or three per cent, says Sammer

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 28, 2013 10:00:00 AM

214797hp2.jpg

The former Germany international feels FCB have not been on top of their game recently and expects the squad to be fighting fit thanks to Jupp Heynckes' squad rotation system

Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer says the Bavarians are missing "two or three per cent" and called upon the team's leaders to step up their efforts on the pitch.

Jupp Heynckes' side have dominated the Bundesliga this season and could win the league this weekend if they beat Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund fail to defeat Stuttgart, while remaining firmly in the hunt for the Champions League and DFB-Pokal.

However, Sammer feels Bayern are not operating at the same level they did earlier in the season, and has urged them to get back to their usual best.

"It's impossible to play at a very high level for an entire season, but we have been missing two or three per cent ever since the DFB-Pokal win over Borussia Dortmund," Sammer was quoted as saying by Bild.

"We have to improve three things. The leaders in the team have to step up again and lead their team-mates the way. Plus we have to act disciplined and well organised again off the ball. And we have to play at a higher pace and be more creative in possession.

"Nobody can be talking about fatigue at this point. Everybody should be in top shape because of Jupp Heynckes' rotation system.

"The big lead in the Bundesliga table will not help us in the other competitions. We have to get everything that could distract us out of our systems."

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ozil hits back at Neuer boo-boys

By Miles Chambers
Mar 28, 2013 6:40:00 PM

267004hp2.jpg

The Real Madrid midfielder insists even the great keepers make mistakes, while Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn has suggested the shot-stopper should take fewer risks

Mesut Ozil has come to the defence of Manuel Neuer after the Germany goalkeeper was criticised over his mistake against Kazakhstan.

The Euro 2012 semi-finalists had fired into a 3-0 first-half lead in their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday night, but the Bayern Munich shot-stopper accidentally dribbled Per Mertesacker's back-pass into an opposition player, allowing Henrich Schmidtgal to score.

Joachim Low's men easily saw out out the home clash to triumph 4-1 but that did not stop some fans booing Neuer, an action that Ozil believes was unfair.

"I think Manuel has not earned this [criticism]," the Real Madrid midfielder told Kicker. "Where I go, around the world, it is recognised that Germany have a strong goalkeeper.

"Manuel has shown his class often and helped us many times before. But even he must also make mistakes.

"Manuel deserves to be given more more support in moments like these."

Germany goalkeeping legend Oliver Kahn, meanwhile, has suggested that Neuer should attempt to take fewer risks in future to avoid any similar slip-ups.

He told Abendzeitung: "Goalkeepers decide games, but not the fact that they excel in footballing terms, but with game-winning reflexes and saves. So, as a goalkeeper, you enable your team wins and titles.

"When Manuel was still with Schalke, I often thought his goalkeeping style was insane. [But at Bayern] he has been relativised and has performed very well.

"Whenever I was in doubt, I decided to play absolutely safe. A targeted long ball can speed the game up quickly.

"All great goalkeepers like [Iker] Casillas, [Gianluigi] Buffon, [Edwin] van der Sar and [Peter] Schmeichel always found the optimal mix between risk and safety. As a goalkeeper, you have to ask: 'should this element of risk affect my game?'"

Gestapo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Title march: Bayern Munich bid to clinch crown before April
With the first-leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Juventus only around the corner, the Bavarians are keen to wrap up the Bundesliga as quickly as possible

TimWiese

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga wrap: Bayern demolish Hamburg, Dortmund keep race alive

31 March 2013

Bayern-Munich-v-Hamburg-Claudio-Pizarro_2922685.jpg

Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich recorded their 10th successive league win in style with a 9-2 destruction of sorry Hamburg on Saturday.

Claudio Pizarro was the pick of the bunch, scoring four goals, Arjen Robben bagged a brace, while Xherdan Shaqiri, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Franck Ribery also got themselves on the scoresheet as Bayern scored nine in 76 minutes.

Jeffrey Bruma and Heike Westermann restored some pride for the visitors with two late goals but it mattered little.

With just six minutes on the clock, Bayern were on the board courtesy of Shaqiri, who unleashed a brilliant left-foot shot that flew low past Rene Adler and inside the post.

Schweinsteiger headed home a second for the hosts on 20 minutes before Pizarro netted his first of the match, again from a quickly-taken corner, converting Javi Martinez's flick on.

Pizarro was making the most of his rare start and a perfectly-timed back-heel completed an exchange with Robben, and the Dutch star did not let his side down as he fired the return into the corner of the net, giving Adler no chance to save.

A clinical move from the Bundesliga leaders left Shaqiri free in the box and, although the forward could not finish, Pizarro was on hand to tap in and put Bayern 5-0 ahead.

Bayern could have been forgiven for taking their foot off the accelerator after such an electric half, but there was no signs Hamburg would be spared further humiliation as they continued to rain in goals.

A brilliant burst from Robben down the right left Westermann standing, and his cross was turned in with a cheeky back-heel from Pizarro.

Pizarro turned provider just seconds later, chasing down Bruma deep in the Hamburg half, before unselfishly laying off to Robben, who chipped over Adler for the seventh of the evening.

Substitutes Ribery and Thomas Muller were determined to join in the festivities, and combined perfectly to tee up Pizarro for a fourth and continue the rout.

Although Bruma at least hit a consolation late on, the goal only spurred a furious Bayern to restart their offensive and hit again through Ribery.

Westermann hit for a second HSV strike, but it did little to dull the party for Bayern as they completed a sensational win.

Earlier, Borussia Dortmund denied Bayern the Bundesliga title for at least another week with a late 2-1 victory over Stuttgart.

Bayern needed Dortmund to drop points away to Stuttgart if they were to secure the 2012/13 title but with Polish right-back Lukasz Piszczek leading the way, Dortmund defeated Stuttgart at the Mercedes-Benz-Arena, where Robert Lewandowski scored the winner.

Despite seeing Marcel Schmelzer sent to hospital early in the contest, Dortmund opened the scoring through Piszczek, who latched onto Marco Reus' 29th-minute free-kick and headed home.

In the 63rd minute, Alexandru Maxim equalised for Stuttgart when he burst into the area from the right wing and struck the ball into the far corner of the net.

But Dortmund refused to lie down and scored the decisive goal in the 82nd minute when Reus and Piszczek combined down the right before the latter crossed to Lewandowski, who easily side-footed the ball into the net.

In Duesseldorf, Stefan Kiessling and Andre Schuerrle both scored twice as Bayer Leverkusen triumphed 4-1 away to Fortuna, while Schalke smashed Hoffenheim 3-0.

In other Bundesliga results, Freiburg defeated Borussia Moenchengladbach 2-0, Mainz drew 1-1 with Werder Bremen and Hannover won 2-0 away to Augsburg.