• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

“Lost and depressed” young man turns to food delivery to make ends meet after losing job

Les grossman

1720376011756.jpeg

Yet another 25-year-old
Singaporean man is facing unemployment and has turned to food delivery services to make ends meet. He took to social media seeking advice on whether to join Grab or foodpanda for food delivery gigs after unexpectedly losing his job a week before his notice period ends.

He shared, “I have been looking for new full-time jobs but to no avail. I have been searching for logistics jobs because that has been my job history, and also because I attend part-time school, which limits my availability to industries with office hours. Administrative roles have been very, very, very hard to get.”

He admitted he’s been “lost and depressed” and was suggested by his friends to “do grab/foodpanda while actively looking for a full time job.”

Seeking guidance from the online community, he asked, “I’m here to know which is better to join even though I heard it is also not a perfect time (to look for jobs) now.”

Singaporeans online responded with a mix of practical advice and empathy. Many suggested that while Grab tends to offer more frequent orders, foodpanda often pays better rates, especially during peak meal times like lunch and dinner.

One commenter advised, “Grab tends to have more orders with a similar amount of money per order. You can also go online or offline anytime you want, so it’s more flexible. foodpanda pays more during peak timings but orders are lesser compared to Grab.”

Others highlighted the differences in payment and work flexibility between the platforms, adding that Deliveroo, while offering higher rates at certain times, requires more stringent scheduling and has longer account approval times.

Others urged him to try both, noting, “I see people doing both, so why not start with Grab and then join foodpanda later once you get comfortable?” one commenter suggested.

Amid the practical advice, messages of support and motivation poured in from the online community.

More at https://theindependent.sg/lost-and-...-delivery-to-make-ends-meet-after-losing-job/

k1976

View attachment 202301
Yet another 25-year-old
Singaporean man is facing unemployment and has turned to food delivery services to make ends meet. He took to social media seeking advice on whether to join Grab or foodpanda for food delivery gigs after unexpectedly losing his job a week before his notice period ends.

He shared, “I have been looking for new full-time jobs but to no avail. I have been searching for logistics jobs because that has been my job history, and also because I attend part-time school, which limits my availability to industries with office hours. Administrative roles have been very, very, very hard to get.”

He admitted he’s been “lost and depressed” and was suggested by his friends to “do grab/foodpanda while actively looking for a full time job.”

Seeking guidance from the online community, he asked, “I’m here to know which is better to join even though I heard it is also not a perfect time (to look for jobs) now.”

Singaporeans online responded with a mix of practical advice and empathy. Many suggested that while Grab tends to offer more frequent orders, foodpanda often pays better rates, especially during peak meal times like lunch and dinner.

One commenter advised, “Grab tends to have more orders with a similar amount of money per order. You can also go online or offline anytime you want, so it’s more flexible. foodpanda pays more during peak timings but orders are lesser compared to Grab.”

Others highlighted the differences in payment and work flexibility between the platforms, adding that Deliveroo, while offering higher rates at certain times, requires more stringent scheduling and has longer account approval times.

Others urged him to try both, noting, “I see people doing both, so why not start with Grab and then join foodpanda later once you get comfortable?” one commenter suggested.

Amid the practical advice, messages of support and motivation poured in from the online community.

More at https://theindependent.sg/lost-and-...-delivery-to-make-ends-meet-after-losing-job/
Nowaday, with strong influx of Jiuhu Leegree holders...sinki has very little chance de

A sad but true picture

k1976

View attachment 202301
Yet another 25-year-old

Best chance is to merry a jiuhu bu..and get out of this shit hole

Nowaday, with strong influx of Jiuhu Leegree holders...sinki has very little chance de

A sad but true picture
HR and manning agencies before jiu hu student graduate, already in jiu hu universities recruiting, especially those who are multilingual. For sinkie based multinationals mostly.
Upon joining, after probationary period in jiu hu office, they are given housing plus car loan. ( its a form of bondage to deter from job hopping).
Then only they are sent to sinkie to work.. entire family given PR if they want. All processed by the firm. Or HR agencies. With option of a citizenship.

Knn..
Go and take up a course like ESG course and be a consultant.

Go take a class 4 driver's license and drive part time. 1 day can gross you more then $200.

In the mean time, go do some exercise daily routine and build a good body.

Knn In order to have a good life. One must look healthy and good. Money takes timing.

These days the young men are rather imagination lacking.

Administrative work are good, How good are you? Are you able to do wonders to your administrative work? Can you write proposal and can you do wonders with your spreadsheet?

I can hire a virtual assistant at $5 an hour.

Hightech88

Don't worry, the PAP-Gov has a special plan using CECA to help Sinkies and this young chap's destiny is part of the brilliant CECA plan..:

k1976

HR and manning agencies before jiu hu student graduate, already in jiu hu universities recruiting, especially those who are multilingual. For sinkie based multinationals mostly.
Upon joining, after probationary period in jiu hu office, they are given housing plus car loan. ( its a form of bondage to deter from job hopping).
Then only they are sent to sinkie to work.. entire family given PR if they want. All processed by the firm. Or HR agencies. With option of a citizenship.
But many younger people still dun know

k1976

Knn..
Go and take up a course like ESG course and be a consultant.

Go take a class 4 driver's license and drive part time. 1 day can gross you more then $200.

In the mean time, go do some exercise daily routine and build a good body.

Knn In order to have a good life. One must look healthy and good. Money takes timing.

These days the young men are rather imagination lacking.

Administrative work are good, How good are you? Are you able to do wonders to your administrative work? Can you write proposal and can you do wonders with your spreadsheet?

I can hire a virtual assistant at $5 an hour.
Best Route to build wealth is always jin boring. Good advice for sharing.

Thank u Bro